Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently 10:14 - Jul 18 with 4305 viewsElderGrizzly

No, not saying we are going to buy him, but shows how far his stock has fallen when Sigurdsson is being talked about for a £50m fee.

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:17 - Jul 18 with 4272 viewschicoazul

His ankle is in bits, it's basically held together with plasters and gaffer tape. He is not much of an athlete anyway so he can't get over the injury. Great technical player and sad to see how his career has gone. Seems like a a terrible human though.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 10:19]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:18 - Jul 18 with 4252 viewsKieran_Knows

With regards to how far his stock has fallen, it all comes down to his injuries, which is a massive shame for club and country.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:19 - Jul 18 with 4238 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

His loan to Bournemouth was a good shout.

It was his make of break season, and unfortunately it looks like it was break.

He's brilliant in flashes, but cant be relied on from a fitness perspective.

He seems to be a bit of a Joe Cole, technically very good, but his influence on a match is not significant.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:21 - Jul 18 with 4206 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

It's telling that he didn't pull up too many trees whilst at Bournemouth and that they aren't desperate to bring him back.

He does show moments of class on the pitch, but is unfortunately only ever minutes away from yet another long term injury so unlikely to make double figures in appearances each season.
Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:21 - Jul 18 with 4211 viewsSteve_M

I'll just take the opportunity to post this:

Have they put mention of this in the programme yet?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:21 - Jul 18 with 4206 viewsBlueNomad

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:19 - Jul 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

His loan to Bournemouth was a good shout.

It was his make of break season, and unfortunately it looks like it was break.

He's brilliant in flashes, but cant be relied on from a fitness perspective.

He seems to be a bit of a Joe Cole, technically very good, but his influence on a match is not significant.

Eddie Howe said at the end of the season that he wouldn't be signing him. They need a creative midfielder but Wilshere doesn't figure.
Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 4153 viewsElderGrizzly

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:18 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

With regards to how far his stock has fallen, it all comes down to his injuries, which is a massive shame for club and country.

I agree, his injuries are why, but it just surprised me how little he is now worth with all these other fees being banded around.

Of couse £6m is a waste if you have a player who can't play :)
on 10:37 - Jul 18 with 4015 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:38 - Jul 18 with 3993 viewsKieran_Knows

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:25 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

I agree, his injuries are why, but it just surprised me how little he is now worth with all these other fees being banded around.

Agree, but that's just the state of football these days. Suppose the argument is that Sigurdsson has done it on a consistent basis over the years for Swansea (x2) and Tottenham. Not that I think he's worth £50m, to be honest, I think half that is to much!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:39 - Jul 18 with 3979 viewsReuser_is_God

At 18 he was so far ahead of everyone else his age, at 24 he's so far behind that by the time he catches up he'll be retired.

Unfortunately injury has robbed him of the most important stage of his development.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:49 - Jul 18 with 3897 viewsitfcjoe

Such a shame, without his injuries he would have been something special.

Some of his early Arsenal and England performances were absolutely something else - best player on the pitch at the Maracana a few long years ago.

A joy to watch when in full form, but injuries have robbed him off a top career. But at £6m he's a snip.

I wonder whether he will come back - interesting that Arsenal with their terrible injury record can't get him fit whereas at Bournemouth he actually played a fair bit over half the games. If we were a PL club and his wages weren't outside the structure I'd be buying him in a heartbeat at that price - suspect it'll end up being a lot more if he leaves

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 12:33 - Jul 18 with 3320 viewsmonty_radio

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 10:25 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

I think that the injuries are possibly linked to his style of play, a bit like Johnny Williams - Compact with the ability that the ball sticks close to him without him showing it to the incoming tackler so that man is taken before or with ball. Not to mention that the opponent has had enough of being drawn in and then being made a fool of so that the determination to be that more aggressive against him builds up.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 12:54 - Jul 18 with 3225 viewsAinsleyBlue

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 12:33 - Jul 18 by monty_radio

I think that the injuries are possibly linked to his style of play, a bit like Johnny Williams - Compact with the ability that the ball sticks close to him without him showing it to the incoming tackler so that man is taken before or with ball. Not to mention that the opponent has had enough of being drawn in and then being made a fool of so that the determination to be that more aggressive against him builds up.

Excellent points. Apologies for inadvertant downvote. Mobile sausage fingers.
Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 14:07 - Jul 18 with 2925 viewsAlexGreen

Wilshere being sold for £6m apparently on 12:54 - Jul 18 by AinsleyBlue

Excellent points. Apologies for inadvertant downvote. Mobile sausage fingers.

I up-voted to compensate

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024