Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benyu MOM on celtic debut 20:20 - Jul 15 with 10996 viewsCoco

V Lyon.

If only he he was bigger and nastier.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Benyu MOM on celtic debut on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 1438 viewsCoco

Benyu MOM on celtic debut on 12:08 - Jul 16 by Axeldalai_lama

Good luck to him.
What are you suggesting we should have done, and at what point?
The article seems to suggest he may have an outside chance of a game or two at a level worse than the championship. Should we have given him a better wage and promised him more games etc?
Should we have done this before his loan, when he looked destined for non league obscurity? Or should we have given him massive promises on the back of half a season in the conference? Or wait until after the loan and we're competing against Celtic, and he'd chose Celtic?

Not suggesting anything i just know for a fact he and many other youth players hate the style of football the first team 'play'. I tend to agree with them.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

(No subject) on 13:17 - Jul 16 with 1413 viewsPhilTWTD

(No subject) on 11:28 - Jul 16 by TractorWood

Yes but who dropped the ball on the option? Why wasn't this sorted after he started playing well at Aldershot? Whether he goes on to win a ballon d'Or or ends up in non-league from the outside looking in, we look a bit naïve and glacial.

We are producing and scouting good players but transition to being consistent first team starters seems to be a problem. Watching Dozzell yesterday he should be used frequently next season. Again, outside looking in, Mick seems to be the problem for bedding them in. Give him a run of 10 games and see what happens. You could argue that he's already won something more notorious than anyone in our side.

I'm not quite sure of the detail, but there was some condition which hadn't been met which meant we weren't able to take it up in the usual manner. I'm not sure Mick was aware of it when he said he was going to take the option up a couple of months before the end of the season. Might have been due to his lack of first team games here, but not sure of that. I don't think the situation is typical of the arrangements re options.
(No subject) on 13:18 - Jul 16 with 1407 viewsPhilTWTD

(No subject) on 11:41 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Presumably Milne, who is a lawyer by trade, or the club secretary who was in charge of writing the legal terms of the contract.

Whilst it's glacial, if manager told that we've another year to sort then so much can change in that time there's really no great rush. Very harsh to lay blame here at Mick's door.

I don't think Ian has any involvement on the contract/transfer side of things. I would guess it would have been ME negotiating the terms of the previous contract.
(No subject) on 13:19 - Jul 16 with 1405 viewsPhilTWTD

(No subject) on 22:28 - Jul 15 by Wickets

Phil Do we know roughly how much compensation we are likely to receive from Celtic?

Mick wasn't sure last week when I asked him. The word I have had is low hundred thousands.
Benyu MOM on celtic debut on 13:40 - Jul 16 with 1390 viewsMaySixth

the world shrugs

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

(No subject) on 15:29 - Jul 17 with 1272 viewsrosseden

(No subject) on 13:19 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Mick wasn't sure last week when I asked him. The word I have had is low hundred thousands.

if Deluded Brendan keeps talking him up and he does well in the short term, it can only be good for us on this front.

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

(No subject) on 16:11 - Jul 17 with 1251 viewsPhilTWTD

(No subject) on 15:29 - Jul 17 by rosseden

if Deluded Brendan keeps talking him up and he does well in the short term, it can only be good for us on this front.

I don't think it'll have any impact on compensation as there's a formula relating to his development at Town and appearances rather than there being a tribunal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024