Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May on 5 Live 10:44 - Jul 13 with 16778 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Even in this, her most humane interview for months, it still doesn't resonate with me. Who were you crying for? Yourself or the millions destined for worse living conditions?

I thought she won the election?
May on 5 Live on 10:47 - Jul 13 with 7077 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

May on 5 Live on 10:49 - Jul 13 with 7076 viewsStokieBlue

I think even we can agree on this one. She's totally rubbish and no good for the country. Doesn't mean I want and agree with JC but May shouldn't be leading the country either.

Unfortunately there seems to be a lack of real challengers to her position (and if she was replaced I think there should be another election anyway).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

May on 5 Live on 10:57 - Jul 13 with 7053 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

May on 5 Live on 10:49 - Jul 13 by StokieBlue

I think even we can agree on this one. She's totally rubbish and no good for the country. Doesn't mean I want and agree with JC but May shouldn't be leading the country either.

Unfortunately there seems to be a lack of real challengers to her position (and if she was replaced I think there should be another election anyway).

SB

Yes - although I think Davis, Gove, Hammond and Johnson's leadership campaigns are already underway. Luckily for all of us, none of them stand a chance. Right now Leadsome, Rudd or a complete backbench coup seems more realistic. Whoever it is of course will be become the leader of the opposition pretty sharpish once JC wins the general election at the end of the year.
May on 5 Live on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 7036 viewshype313

May on 5 Live on 10:57 - Jul 13 by BelvedereBrunswick

Yes - although I think Davis, Gove, Hammond and Johnson's leadership campaigns are already underway. Luckily for all of us, none of them stand a chance. Right now Leadsome, Rudd or a complete backbench coup seems more realistic. Whoever it is of course will be become the leader of the opposition pretty sharpish once JC wins the general election at the end of the year.

Which is why I can't see a leadership challenge from anyone in the Tory party anytime soon.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

May on 5 Live on 11:01 - Jul 13 with 7028 viewsSwansea_Blue

SB

Arise Sir Nigel...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

May on 5 Live on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 7022 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

May on 5 Live on 10:59 - Jul 13 by hype313

Which is why I can't see a leadership challenge from anyone in the Tory party anytime soon.

Not an official one. Just lots of underhand long-game personal agenda campaigns already underway.
May on 5 Live on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 7019 viewshype313

May on 5 Live on 11:02 - Jul 13 by BelvedereBrunswick

Not an official one. Just lots of underhand long-game personal agenda campaigns already underway.

That's standard for any party at any time though, I'm sure there are people jostling for Corbyn's gig and making moves.

May on 5 Live on 11:07 - Jul 13 with 7000 viewsBOjK

May on 5 Live on 11:03 - Jul 13 by hype313

That's standard for any party at any time though, I'm sure there are people jostling for Corbyn's gig and making moves.

Not at the moment.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Login to get fewer ads

May on 5 Live on 11:08 - Jul 13 with 6996 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

May on 5 Live on 11:03 - Jul 13 by hype313

Haha yeah good one.
May on 5 Live on 11:08 - Jul 13 with 6998 viewsBOjK

She also apparently denied considering resigning.

Which must be a flat-out lie.

She doesn't help herself sometimes.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

May on 5 Live on 11:09 - Jul 13 with 6992 viewshype313

May on 5 Live on 11:08 - Jul 13 by BelvedereBrunswick

Haha yeah good one.

Ok then.

May on 5 Live on 11:19 - Jul 13 with 6956 viewsGuthrum

SB

I'm pretty sure that the next leaders of both the largest parties will come from outside the current list of suggested front runners.

The likes of Gove, Johnson, Abbott, McDonnell, Watson et al are all are tarnished by perceived lack of competence, back-stabbing, performance on Brexit, being too loyal to current/previous leaders (or too disloyal), etc. Think we're going to see more out-of-the-blue/left-field candidates being successful (e.g. Cameron, Corbyn).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

May on 5 Live on 11:21 - Jul 13 with 6943 viewsxrayspecs

May on 5 Live on 11:19 - Jul 13 by Guthrum

I'm pretty sure that the next leaders of both the largest parties will come from outside the current list of suggested front runners.

The likes of Gove, Johnson, Abbott, McDonnell, Watson et al are all are tarnished by perceived lack of competence, back-stabbing, performance on Brexit, being too loyal to current/previous leaders (or too disloyal), etc. Think we're going to see more out-of-the-blue/left-field candidates being successful (e.g. Cameron, Corbyn).

Kier Starmer for Labour

Tories is less obvious
May on 5 Live on 11:22 - Jul 13 with 6942 viewsBOjK

May on 5 Live on 11:19 - Jul 13 by Guthrum

Nobody is seriously suggesting that Gove, Abbott, McDonnell or Watston are possible successors and Johnson's star is fading fast.

If there is a contest soon I imagine that David Davis will takeover for the Tories.

May on 5 Live on 11:22 - Jul 13 with 6940 viewsmutters

SB

With you on this one. Its not JC that worries me, more the rest of his gang that i am worried about than him.

May needs to go, and she will when the time is right for the Tory party. I'd imagine early next year would be the time for a few reasons.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

May on 5 Live on 11:24 - Jul 13 with 6931 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

May on 5 Live on 11:21 - Jul 13 by xrayspecs

Kier Starmer for Labour

Tories is less obvious

I do think he's great. No JC though.
May on 5 Live on 11:30 - Jul 13 with 6901 viewsGuthrum

Kier Starmer for Labour

Tories is less obvious

I've also heard Stephen Kinnock's name mentioned.

May on 5 Live on 11:33 - Jul 13 with 6886 viewsxrayspecs

Kier Starmer for Labour

Tories is less obvious

The problem for Labour is the extreme left have effectively taken over the party, so even if they got rid of Corbyn, I can not see them replacing him with a more mainstream candidate. In an odd way, Corbyn may be their most moderate option.
May on 5 Live on 11:37 - Jul 13 with 6879 viewsGuthrum

May on 5 Live on 11:22 - Jul 13 by BOjK

Nobody is seriously suggesting that Gove, Abbott, McDonnell or Watston are possible successors and Johnson's star is fading fast.

If there is a contest soon I imagine that David Davis will takeover for the Tories.

Not so sure about Davis. He's tried and failed before, don't get the impression he's very popular in the Party. Also he's 68, getting a little long in the tooth to lead the Conservatives into an election maybe five years hence (or to complete a full term if sooner).

May on 5 Live on 11:37 - Jul 13 with 6878 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

May on 5 Live on 11:33 - Jul 13 by xrayspecs

The problem for Labour is the extreme left have effectively taken over the party, so even if they got rid of Corbyn, I can not see them replacing him with a more mainstream candidate. In an odd way, Corbyn may be their most moderate option.

I think it's more that it was taken over by closet Tories in the 90s
May on 5 Live on 11:41 - Jul 13 with 6860 viewsGlasgowBlue

May on 5 Live on 11:07 - Jul 13 by BOjK

Not at the moment.

Clive Lewis was on manoeuvres before the election and had the support of Owen Jones but that has been put on the back burner.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

May on 5 Live on 11:41 - Jul 13 with 6861 viewsBOjK

Kier Starmer for Labour

Tories is less obvious

Starmer has many strengths. He's obviously hugely intelligent and a massive asset to the Labour party (when they haven't got many). The whispers are that he's not politically smart enough and isn't good enough at putting the Tories under pressure.

If you added 20% of George Osborne to him he'd be a very strong candidate.

I'm also not convinced he's a good enough communicator.

Edit: Finally he's surprisingly short. Which is never a good thing.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 11:41]

May on 5 Live on 11:41 - Jul 13 with 6856 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently that tear burnt through 2 floors and a local party activist.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

May on 5 Live on 11:43 - Jul 13 with 6838 viewsBOjK

May on 5 Live on 11:41 - Jul 13 by GlasgowBlue

Clive Lewis was on manoeuvres before the election and had the support of Owen Jones but that has been put on the back burner.

Yes. The election has changed everything at the top of the party. And not necessarily for the better.

May on 5 Live on 11:44 - Jul 13 with 6833 viewsBOjK

May on 5 Live on 11:37 - Jul 13 by BelvedereBrunswick

I think it's more that it was taken over by closet Tories in the 90s

You'll be wrong then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024