Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control 11:22 - Jun 12 with 6235 viewsBOjK

The number of EU nurses applying to work in the UK is down 96%!

From 1,303 coming here in July last year to a mere 46 this April.

Finally the government's bold refusal to guarantee the residency rights of EU nationals in the UK is having the desired effect.

These are the kind of wastrels and scroungers we can do without.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 11:27 - Jun 12 with 6191 viewsDarth_Koont

Good riddance. Up yours Delors!!

Pronouns: He/Him

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 11:57 - Jun 12 with 6148 viewsBOjK

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 11:27 - Jun 12 by Darth_Koont

Good riddance. Up yours Delors!!

Quite. He can kiss my arse.

Although he might not want to. For some reason my new nurse Luciana hasn't turned up this morning so it might not be as baby-fresh as usual.

Still, well worth it to reclaim our borders. If not our personal hygiene.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 12:00 - Jun 12 with 6132 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What we the numbers for Jan, Feb and March out of interest?
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 12:58 - Jun 12 with 6054 viewsbluebud

Good.

The inverse colonisation where we use a poorer countries best resources, who cost them a fortune to train and then we're supposed to feel superior and Kumbaya about stealing them makes me puke.

Hopefully we start training enough of our own and some of our international staff can go back home and practice the skills in their own country who are probably crying out for them. Maybe utilising some of the aid we've been donating to them for health projects for years..
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:00 - Jun 12 with 6041 viewsBlueBadger

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 12:00 - Jun 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

What we the numbers for Jan, Feb and March out of interest?

I dunno about those three but there was only 101 registering in December. My guess would be 'not that many more in January, February and March'.

Still, these numbers should be of no concern to anyone what with the workforce expected to drop by 12% by 2020/21 dues to retirements and a 21% drop in nursing students starting their education since the scrapping of the training bursary.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:05 - Jun 12 with 6022 viewsBlueBadger

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 12:58 - Jun 12 by bluebud

Good.

The inverse colonisation where we use a poorer countries best resources, who cost them a fortune to train and then we're supposed to feel superior and Kumbaya about stealing them makes me puke.

Hopefully we start training enough of our own and some of our international staff can go back home and practice the skills in their own country who are probably crying out for them. Maybe utilising some of the aid we've been donating to them for health projects for years..

There's no worries with that, if the government carry on pushing through the union doctors contracts and doing the same for nurses it'll be out youngest and brightest moving on.

You'll also note that these numbers are for EU nurses. These are nurses who are trained to an equivalent(and usually better) standard to the UK in non-third world countries. What you're denying'll end up happening more if the supply from the EU dries up there'll be more recruitment from Asia and Africa.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 14:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:05 - Jun 12 with 6019 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:00 - Jun 12 by BlueBadger

I dunno about those three but there was only 101 registering in December. My guess would be 'not that many more in January, February and March'.

Still, these numbers should be of no concern to anyone what with the workforce expected to drop by 12% by 2020/21 dues to retirements and a 21% drop in nursing students starting their education since the scrapping of the training bursary.

OK, point taken re the numbers. I'm all for bringing back the bursary and training our youth but I fear that, when we have politically softened the country up to support keeping of free movement and a soft brexit, there will be sweet FA chance of this happening.

This is definitely a Corbyn policy I could have got behind.
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:08 - Jun 12 with 5997 viewsBlueBadger

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:05 - Jun 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

OK, point taken re the numbers. I'm all for bringing back the bursary and training our youth but I fear that, when we have politically softened the country up to support keeping of free movement and a soft brexit, there will be sweet FA chance of this happening.

This is definitely a Corbyn policy I could have got behind.

Why? If the wards are adequately staffed there's less call for for bank and agency workers and more cash available to actually invest.

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:10 - Jun 12 with 5985 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:08 - Jun 12 by BlueBadger

Why? If the wards are adequately staffed there's less call for for bank and agency workers and more cash available to actually invest.

Because the tories seem not to support it for some inexplicable reason. I have no idea why.
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:13 - Jun 12 with 5974 viewsBlueBadger

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:10 - Jun 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

Because the tories seem not to support it for some inexplicable reason. I have no idea why.

Because they are incompetent sociopaths who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Oh, and bursary-based training costs are generally met by the CCGs and health trusts. That's a cost that their mates in the Efficient Private Sector won't fancy paying for.

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:15 - Jun 12 with 5961 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:13 - Jun 12 by BlueBadger

Because they are incompetent sociopaths who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Oh, and bursary-based training costs are generally met by the CCGs and health trusts. That's a cost that their mates in the Efficient Private Sector won't fancy paying for.

I tend to agree. Have they spunked that money on ruinous PFI agreements though?
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:19 - Jun 12 with 5934 viewsBlueBadger

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:15 - Jun 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

I tend to agree. Have they spunked that money on ruinous PFI agreements though?

No, they're looking at something equally short sighted, admin-heavy and sh1twitted in the Naylor report though.
They want hospitals to sell off 'assists' in order to finance 'improvements'. So, basically, they want trusts to sell off land earmarked for building and services to the private sector, so they can then buy it back off them at inflated prices or pick up the slack when the newly privatised services makes 'efficiency savings' and either cut adrift their more more complicated patients or scrimps on staffing and safety.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 13:20]

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:53 - Jun 12 with 5866 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rule Britannia!

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 14:12 - Jun 12 with 5832 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 13:53 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Rule Britannia!

Shut up Benters

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 14:24 - Jun 12 with 5817 viewsITFC1983

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 14:12 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Shut up Benters

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 15:54 - Jun 12 with 5761 viewsNo9

Some bod claimed today that the NHS is understaffed to the tune of 44,000 nurses
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 21:39 - Jun 12 with 5648 viewsa_las_barricadas

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 15:54 - Jun 12 by No9

Some bod claimed today that the NHS is understaffed to the tune of 44,000 nurses

Allow the 'market' to set nurses wages and there will be no shortage? Post 2010 the Tory propaganda machine started 'kicking' nurses and other public sector workers ('gold plated pension' myth; we pay into it and the government spends it rather than invest it), there is a need to promote the profession rather than steal staff from other countries.
Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 22:19 - Jun 12 with 5613 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bl00dy EU nurses . Coming over here and being all caring, and mending people. Coming over here and solving our nursing recruitment crisis and healing people. Bl00dy EU nurses!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 22:36 - Jun 12 with 5589 viewsblue_oyster

I wonder if anyone stops to think why as a country we need to import nurses. Do they grow them in hot climates?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 22:43 - Jun 12 with 5573 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Have been visiting my father in hospital lots recently near Slough....I would guess that at most 1 in 10 ward nurses are British born. I asked one, a Croatian about training, who pays for training and so on back home. Apparently in Croatia they decide on a career path aged 13 and are then educated accordingly only paying/taking out loans for additional skills from aged 18 if they wish. Imagine the same here.....so many train drivers and nursery teachers!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 23:06 - Jun 12 with 5549 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 22:36 - Jun 12 by blue_oyster

I wonder if anyone stops to think why as a country we need to import nurses. Do they grow them in hot climates?

Absolutely there's a bigger question here around sustainable employment in the NHS (and other public services).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 23:36 - Jun 12 with 5507 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 23:06 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Absolutely there's a bigger question here around sustainable employment in the NHS (and other public services).

Globalisation, of which the EU is a cheerleader, is great isn't it !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 23:57 - Jun 12 with 5484 viewsblue_oyster

Fantastic! Immigration finally coming under control on 23:36 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Globalisation, of which the EU is a cheerleader, is great isn't it !

It depends what you mean by 'globalisation'. It's just a loose word for liberalised economies, but no particular ideology.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024