Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA 15:29 - Jun 6 with 1744 viewsfeelingblue

Analysis which rings true, unfortunately. Nothing much we can do about it, either.
We really have got ourselves into a mess.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/opinion/britains-voyage-to-inglorious-isolati
Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 15:48 - Jun 6 with 1689 viewsJ2BLUE

Post-European? Which continent are we joining?

Seems to be a lot of assumptions and rubbish in that article. Remainers want to keep the myth of pulling up the drawbridge going as it suits the agenda.

It's not very isolationist to be a member of NATO and the UN. It's not very isolationist to want to make trade deals with the wider world.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 15:52 - Jun 6 with 1673 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 15:48 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

Seems to be a lot of assumptions and rubbish in that article. Remainers want to keep the myth of pulling up the drawbridge going as it suits the agenda.

It's not very isolationist to be a member of NATO and the UN. It's not very isolationist to want to make trade deals with the wider world.

How are the trade discussions with other countries coming along?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/liam-foxs-team-travelled-240000-10244605

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 16:38 - Jun 6 with 1623 viewsfeelingblue

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 15:48 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

Really? Which assumptions, which rubbish?

I don't agree with every word, but I do think that we are pulling out of Europe, in the broader, although obviously not literal, sense, whether we like it or not.

If this was about practical issues, like the economy, there is no way that we would leave the EU.

This is about, inmho, some idea that we have a different destiny from the rest of Europe and/or that our interests are not the same as the other European democracies.

I'd like someone to tell me which trade deals will be the most beneficial to us, the country with the second largest trade deficit on earth, and whose biggest export, services is now almost certainly going to be heavily restricted in by far its biggest market.
Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 16:44 - Jun 6 with 1612 viewsGlasgowBlue

Note to self. Should Corbyn win on Thursday please don't spend the next 11 months blubbing about it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 16:52 - Jun 6 with 1608 viewsDarth_Koont

Very good. Funny but depressingly true.

This stood out:

"Brexiteers propose instead recapturing the spirit of an earlier Elizabethan age, when plucky English buccaneers forged pathways to the New World. This is a delusion based on a fantasy of how the 21st-century world works.

What ever happened to internationalist Britain?"

Pronouns: He/Him

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 17:10 - Jun 6 with 1570 viewsfeelingblue

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 16:44 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Note to self. Should Corbyn win on Thursday please don't spend the next 11 months blubbing about it.

It's Ok, you live in a democracy. Not that he will win.
Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 17:10 - Jun 6 with 1565 viewsmutters

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 15:52 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

How are the trade discussions with other countries coming along?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/liam-foxs-team-travelled-240000-10244605

Deals are alway done on the first visit arent they or do they take time to negotiate the best deal? I forget which one it is.......

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 17:14 - Jun 6 with 1553 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting, if slightly depressing article from the USA on 17:10 - Jun 6 by mutters

Deals are alway done on the first visit arent they or do they take time to negotiate the best deal? I forget which one it is.......

And we can't make a single trade deal whilst still a member of the EU.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024