Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Conn's piece on Orgreave 09:23 - May 18 with 2060 viewsbluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/18/scandal-of-orgreave-miners-stri

He graphically presents the violence of the police operation at Orgreave and the SYP coordinated attempts to fit up innocent people. All seemingly supported by the government at the time.

He also presents his theory of why the current government changed its position towards a full enquiry into the policing/criminality as identified by the IPCC.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 10:51 - May 18 with 2010 viewsNo9

Thanks for reminding me I have yet to read it.
The programme -The Three Girls- show how the police did not improve

The real question sare will these expose's change anything for the better.
I strongly believe under this Home Secretary things will get musch worse before they get better.
David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 11:01 - May 18 with 2002 viewsbluelagos

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 10:51 - May 18 by No9

I strongly believe under this Home Secretary things will get musch worse before they get better.

I think the connections are clear. Orgreave, Rochdale, Rotherham and Hillsborough, the police looked upon ordinary working class people as scum.

They treated them as scum and then when their own failings were clear for all to see, they looked to shift the blame onto others.

(With a few minor exceptions I'm sure, before I upset anyone)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 11:07 - May 18 with 1989 viewsNo9

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 11:01 - May 18 by bluelagos

I think the connections are clear. Orgreave, Rochdale, Rotherham and Hillsborough, the police looked upon ordinary working class people as scum.

They treated them as scum and then when their own failings were clear for all to see, they looked to shift the blame onto others.

(With a few minor exceptions I'm sure, before I upset anyone)

That the police considered the lower orders scaum is undeniable - who was that unpleasant bearded prat head of Manchester police always on the TV?

But the real question is and always will be were they just totally indoctrinated by Westminster, the PM & HS?
David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 11:16 - May 18 with 1980 viewssoupytwist

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 10:51 - May 18 by No9

I watched The Three Girls last night (my wife had watched the first episode) and I was incredulous that large swathes of SYP haven't been sacked given that happened in that scandal and others.
David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 11:22 - May 18 with 1969 viewsNo9

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 11:16 - May 18 by soupytwist

I watched The Three Girls last night (my wife had watched the first episode) and I was incredulous that large swathes of SYP haven't been sacked given that happened in that scandal and others.

& I am old enough to remember when a large swathe of East End gangland involved the Met in one way or another.
It is disgraceful for a country that claims to be first world & civilised
David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 13:05 - May 18 with 1937 viewsAinsleyBlue

Nice one, will be reading that later.

I picked up the new book Untold - The Daniel Morgan Murder by Alistair Morgan and Peter Jukes a couple of days ago. Plenty of police malfeasance and full-on corruption in that, among other Murdoch-related sordidness. Very, very grim.
David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 19:30 - May 18 with 1899 viewsvapour_trail

Finally got through that. Had read a bit on Orgreave previously.

Says a lot about that witch thatcher. And nothing new about May.

As for the police, I still wouldn't trust them an inch.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 20:04 - May 18 with 1875 viewsSteve_M

Excellent reporting there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 20:22 - May 18 with 1860 viewsbournemouthblue

If they dig into Orgeave they will uncover MI5 investigations into all manner of organisations including CND which was a hot topic among the 1983 General Election in relation to Trident

This would be the unintended consequences of an enquiry and exactly why the Tories have held back on one. It won't reflect well on the Tories and could land some major Tory figures in hot water.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 21:19 - May 18 with 1837 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

During a 'day of solidarity' picket at a mine near Huddersfield, Emley Moor if I remember correctly I witnessed a member of the Met (still the country's biggest gang) truncheon a vicar (wearing his dog collar) before returning home to watch breakfast TV inform the slumbering masses about that morning's miner orchestrated brutality ! None of this, unfortunately, is any surprise !
Do we really think things have changed so much ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

David Conn's piece on Orgreave on 22:19 - May 18 with 1803 viewsMelford

I have family (uncles) who were involved in Orgreave. Believe it or not my uncle Jimmy is married to Arthur Scargill's daughter. Who ironically enough is called Margeret.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024