Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league 13:12 - May 2 with 3358 viewsCaptainObvious

what about the respect for the integrity of the FA Cup? what about the respect of the integrity of the premier league when he made 10 changes at old trafford in december 2009 to prioritise games and received a punishment for it? what a hypocrite.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 13:13]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:13 - May 2 with 2692 viewsReuser_is_God

Football manager in being a hypocrite shocker.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:17 - May 2 with 2671 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

You really don't see the differences between those games and this one??
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:20 - May 2 with 2644 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:17 - May 2 by King_ding_a_lin_g

You really don't see the differences between those games and this one??

Do points count double at the end of the season?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:27 - May 2 with 2608 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:20 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

You want him to rest players?
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 with 2594 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:27 - May 2 by King_ding_a_lin_g

You want him to rest players?

i want him to pick the best team for the long term

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 with 2589 viewsBenters

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:20 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

Forest 2 town 1 is my prediction .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 with 2594 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

That fine he got in 2009 still irks me, and the comments that come about this time of year every year irk me as well..

Who is to say what a teams' best 11 is? How can anyone sat in their armchair comment on the decision a manager (who is paid to make these decisions) makes.

A couple of years ago, Spurs selecting Dele Ali and Harry Kane was a 'surprise' now people are 'surprised' if they aren't selected. The manager picks a team he thinks will be good enough to win the match.. Just because it doesn't have the "star name" in it means nothing.

How else will players get game time if managers are lambasted for playing them when they have no real reason not to.. It's just another stick to beat Mick with
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:30 - May 2 with 2590 viewsvapour_trail

Apples and pears.

A weakened cup game doesnt impact on anyone but yourself. But you knew that.

Theres lots of reasons to have a pop without inventing new ones.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:34 - May 2 with 2562 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:30 - May 2 by vapour_trail

Apples and pears.

What about the premier league game that you've conveniently ignored?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:34 - May 2 with 2559 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

I'd rather watch a reasonably competitive game than watch Bishop and Dozzell wandering around aimlessly in midfield.
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:35 - May 2 with 2553 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That fine he got in 2009 still irks me, and the comments that come about this time of year every year irk me as well..

Who is to say what a teams' best 11 is? How can anyone sat in their armchair comment on the decision a manager (who is paid to make these decisions) makes.

A couple of years ago, Spurs selecting Dele Ali and Harry Kane was a 'surprise' now people are 'surprised' if they aren't selected. The manager picks a team he thinks will be good enough to win the match.. Just because it doesn't have the "star name" in it means nothing.

How else will players get game time if managers are lambasted for playing them when they have no real reason not to.. It's just another stick to beat Mick with

Absolutely. So why this sudden volte-face?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:36 - May 2 with 2549 viewsSwailsey

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:30 - May 2 by vapour_trail

Apples and pears.

This, to this, to this.

Nothing to see here.

Unfounded post, created to suit an agenda.

Move along.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:37 - May 2 with 2544 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:34 - May 2 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I'd rather watch a reasonably competitive game than watch Bishop and Dozzell wandering around aimlessly in midfield.

Play them or transfer list them i guess.

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:39 - May 2 with 2521 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:36 - May 2 by Swailsey

This, to this, to this.

Nothing to see here.

Unfounded post, created to suit an agenda.

Move along.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/404911/3602567/mccarthy-not-resting-players-for-the-

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:40 - May 2 with 2517 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:37 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

Play them or transfer list them i guess.

Or he might manage them by taking their fitness, age and experience into account by playing them in (what he considers to be) the right fixtures at the right time to at least try to unlock/reignite their potential...

Which possibly won't be in a all-or-bust game against players fighting for their lives against relegation?
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:44 - May 2 with 2492 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:40 - May 2 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Or he might manage them by taking their fitness, age and experience into account by playing them in (what he considers to be) the right fixtures at the right time to at least try to unlock/reignite their potential...

Which possibly won't be in a all-or-bust game against players fighting for their lives against relegation?

That's a fair point re:Dozzell but really Bishop should be able to handle these games by now. I wouldn't advocate the all or nothing approach to changes that he usually makes anyway. 5 or 6 would seem sensible.

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:46 - May 2 with 2478 viewsPJH

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

In that case he should play the under 15's on Sunday.
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:46 - May 2 with 2478 viewsSarge

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:34 - May 2 by King_ding_a_lin_g

But what about the cup games?
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:47 - May 2 with 2475 viewshoppy

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:29 - May 2 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I would think a team's best 11 would usually be the one that plays the majority of games, in the manager's judgment - as that is the one he usually picks.

When a game takes place that he then makes 7, 8 or 9 changes to this 'usual' lineup, without injuries as such, then is that the manager suddenly deciding for that game that perhaps he'd got it wrong all along, and THIS was actually his strongest side? If so, how often do they revert for the next match?

I totally understand Mick's approach last week at Rotherham, as his decisions gave him a chance to look at several players, ultimately to our detriment, but whether we won, drew, or as it was, lost, that result had absolutely no bearing on Rotherham's league placing or any of the other teams battling at either end of the league. It may only perhaps affect whether we end up finishing 15th or 16th. He has rightly said that he wouldn't play that side against Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest, as he is being respectful in not just rolling over to let them have the points but hopefully trying for the win and making the opposition work for their points if they end up with any or all of them.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:49 - May 2 with 2459 viewsLankHenners

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:34 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

Anything he did at Wolves isn't really relevant to us now.

Different scenario anyway, that particular game had little bearing on anyone else as Mick knew they'd most likely lose anyway. You could argue he might not have lost had he played a stronger team, but then, obviously, he only disadvantaged himself.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:54 - May 2 with 2408 viewsvapour_trail

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:34 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

Sometimes at work i do things differently to how i might have done eight years ago. Doesnt make me à hypocrite.

Really is nothing in this.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:56 - May 2 with 2392 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:49 - May 2 by LankHenners

Different scenario anyway, that particular game had little bearing on anyone else as Mick knew they'd most likely lose anyway. You could argue he might not have lost had he played a stronger team, but then, obviously, he only disadvantaged himself.

In the end it didn't make a difference. Chelsea won the title by one point (with a better GD) but had it been the other way around, you could certainly argue that a more competitive Wolves side that day could have nicked a point from Utd and cost them the title.

More by luck than judgement, nobody else was disadvantaged.
mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:58 - May 2 with 2368 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:49 - May 2 by LankHenners

it's the same thing. league points at state against a team battling for the title with other teams. he's just u-turned his principles.

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:59 - May 2 with 2365 viewsCaptainObvious

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:54 - May 2 by vapour_trail

Sometimes at work i do things differently to how i might have done eight years ago. Doesnt make me à hypocrite.

Really is nothing in this.

ok so he's made a u-turn on his principles. if you want to describe it another way fair enough.

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 14:03 - May 2 with 2333 viewsSwailsey

mccarthy not resting players for the integrity of the league on 13:39 - May 2 by CaptainObvious

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/404911/3602567/mccarthy-not-resting-players-for-the-

Different club, different league, not as directly influential as the game the other week.

He has changed his tune somewhat, but objectively, if there wasn't an anti-Mick agenda here, it wouldn't be spoken about.

Any stick eh?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024