Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away from the obvious names for our next manager 00:01 - Mar 19 with 7486 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jackett, etc

Any left field names we could go for? Throw them names out there..

Michael Laudrup.
Nigel Clough.
Gareth Ainsworth.

There's three

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:08 - Mar 19 with 1801 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:18 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I believe that is the level we'll be looking at. Sherwood, Megson or Cotterill if you had to choose?

I'd choose giving up on football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1789 viewsMJallday

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:08 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

I'd choose giving up on football.

sherwood i think would be a good shout - he'd need time though

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1789 viewsbontcho

I don't think he'd leave but I'd have Paul Tidsdale on my short list.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 1781 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:09 - Mar 19 by MJallday

Can't stand him, total weapon and unproven as a manager. I'd steer well clear.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 1724 viewsSuperfrans

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 00:05 - Mar 19 by evansblue

Uwe Rosler - doing well at Fleetwood

I'd like someone like Rosler. I also like Grayson, if we could persuade him to come to us.

The big problem ATM is that there are so few available managers I could imagine us wanting, especially now the likes of Mowbray, Warburton and Rowett are in jobs. If you look down the Championship right now, there are some really decent managers in jobs right now, including, Hughton, Wagner, Benitez, even the likes of Warnock, Lambert, Clough at the bottom end.

I can't imagine us having the nous within the club to unearth a quality coach from the continent, a la Wagner. The concern is that we'll not be able to attract anyone who can really inspire and therefore unite the fans.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 15:54 - Mar 19 with 1663 viewsBackToRussia

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 14:47 - Mar 19 by Superfrans

I'd like someone like Rosler. I also like Grayson, if we could persuade him to come to us.

The big problem ATM is that there are so few available managers I could imagine us wanting, especially now the likes of Mowbray, Warburton and Rowett are in jobs. If you look down the Championship right now, there are some really decent managers in jobs right now, including, Hughton, Wagner, Benitez, even the likes of Warnock, Lambert, Clough at the bottom end.

I can't imagine us having the nous within the club to unearth a quality coach from the continent, a la Wagner. The concern is that we'll not be able to attract anyone who can really inspire and therefore unite the fans.

We all say that about Evans, but what a damning statement, it can hardly be difficult to identify the coaches who are doing well abroad. Yes, another thing to find one who may be willing to come over here but it's hardly curing cancer is it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 16:00 - Mar 19 with 1650 viewsoldbluestu

Bryan Gunn
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 16:01 - Mar 19 with 1653 viewsjpring89

Karanka

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Login to get fewer ads

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 16:06 - Mar 19 with 1645 viewsBackToRussia

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 16:01 - Mar 19 by jpring89

Karanka

Ideal choice for me.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 20:00 - Mar 19 with 1576 viewsRudyard83

Does Nigel Pearson count as an "obvious name"? If not then I think he'd be a good choice. Did very well for Leicester and I believe that he'd be good on a tight budget
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 1574 viewsSuperfrans

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 16:06 - Mar 19 by BackToRussia

Ideal choice for me.

He would surely be a disaster. For one thing his Middlesbrough team are the only team which has been more defensive than us in recent years - and he has a habit of falling out with his players.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 20:14 - Mar 19 with 1559 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 20:08 - Mar 19 by Superfrans

He would surely be a disaster. For one thing his Middlesbrough team are the only team which has been more defensive than us in recent years - and he has a habit of falling out with his players.

Not to mention that he spent an absolute fortune to get Boro promoted.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 21:16 - Mar 19 with 1531 viewscatch74

Abso Lutzeens
Brian Leev
Naag Tipz
Or
Reginald Ommyscoat

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 22:00 - Mar 19 with 1499 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Paul Tisdale

Poll: Our final position

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 22:09 - Mar 19 with 1487 viewsMaySixth

ALEX NEILL

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 22:11 - Mar 19 with 1482 viewsBackToRussia

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 20:08 - Mar 19 by Superfrans

Whenever a replacement comes up for MM we get told he's more defensive than MM! Weird that.

I remember Boro keeping a lot of clean sheets and being compact, yes, but I also remember them playing a much more expansive passing game than ourselves when in possession.

I think a lot of the fallings out he had with his players came about when he had players signed for him he did not wish to have in his squad - seems fair enough to me. We don't operate like that. He's had great experience with Real Madrid, has gained promotion in only his second season in the Champ. We'd be foolish not to try him IMO.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 6:54]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

SITTON on 23:01 - Mar 19 with 1454 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 20:44 - Mar 20 with 1336 viewsyorkshireblue

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 13:09 - Mar 19 by MJallday

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/20/tim-sherwood-banned-foul-mouthe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024