Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has Evans decided to suddenly back MM... 10:16 - Feb 1 with 2398 viewsTrickster

In the January transfer window? It's A much more difficult time to buy as prices are hiked up, teams want replacements before letting go of players etc. It's all well and good putting in 7 figure bids, but why didn't we do this in summer when clubs were more willing to sell players?

MM has got things wrong during his time here, but surely after the funds Keane and Jewel had, he needs to be backed. In our current state, what manager would want to join us if MM did go? It feels like Evans is hanging him out to dry.

Poll: Who do you want to be appointed next Town manager?

This is a joke right.....? on 10:22 - Feb 1 with 2353 viewsBloots

....in what way has he backed him?

He's paid nominal fees for 2 non league players.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Why has Evans decided to suddenly back MM... on 10:23 - Feb 1 with 2348 viewsSWGF

He hasn't backed him. He's paid £110k for two permanent signings from non-league.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

This is a joke right.....? on 10:30 - Feb 1 with 2302 viewshowdonblue

This is a joke right.....? on 10:22 - Feb 1 by Bloots

EXACTLY

How is 3 loans of people who can't get in championship sides

4 bargain basement signings (Although Taylor may we'll be decent)

Be backing ?

We have sold our main focal point striker 5 months ago .

This board is a FXXXXXG JOKE
This is a joke right.....? on 10:32 - Feb 1 with 2302 viewsTrickster

This is a joke right.....? on 10:22 - Feb 1 by Bloots

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31038/mccarthy-seven-figure-bids-in-for-

Surely putting in 7 figure bids can be interpreted as backing MM. Admittedly, if he was truly backing him Evans would have payed the fees.

The point remains, if we have 7 figures to spend, why wasn't MM backed in summer?

Edit: sp
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 10:32]

We could put a 7 figure bid in for..... on 10:35 - Feb 1 with 2253 viewsBloots

This is a joke right.....? on 10:32 - Feb 1 by Trickster

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31038/mccarthy-seven-figure-bids-in-for-

Surely putting in 7 figure bids can be interpreted as backing MM. Admittedly, if he was truly backing him Evans would have payed the fees.

The point remains, if we have 7 figures to spend, why wasn't MM backed in summer?

....Messi.

That wouldn't be backing the manager.

I could go down a dealership and offer them £300 for a new Ferrari, I wouldn't get it.

It's utterly pointless bidding for players that are out of our price range or who are simply not for sale.

Our owner is not interested in progressing the club through buying players.

Accept it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This is a joke right.....? on 10:35 - Feb 1 with 2254 viewsSWGF

If player A is valued at £3m by their club, we bid £1m for that player, that's rejected so we move on, howe is that backing the manager?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

This is a joke right.....? on 10:38 - Feb 1 with 2220 viewsBigalhunter

There never was a 7 figure amount available to spend.
Evans had no intention whatsoever of spending that much.
A transparent & inept attempt to hoodwink fans.
This is a joke right.....? on 10:38 - Feb 1 with 2218 viewshowdonblue

Yes real backing would have got the deals done instead of crap like Samuels and the Cardiff guy !

Let's be honest they are panic signings .

Shows the level of respect the board has for the fans if they think these two PATHETIC loans will appease Our proud supporters!

Total Sxxxe
Login to get fewer ads

We could put a 7 figure bid in for..... on 10:39 - Feb 1 with 2206 viewsTrickster

We could put a 7 figure bid in for..... on 10:35 - Feb 1 by Bloots

....Messi.

That wouldn't be backing the manager.

I could go down a dealership and offer them £300 for a new Ferrari, I wouldn't get it.

It's utterly pointless bidding for players that are out of our price range or who are simply not for sale.

Our owner is not interested in progressing the club through buying players.

Accept it.

Agree. It makes no sense suddenly giving funds to the manager in Jan, when prices for players are multipled just because it's the January transfer window.

This is a joke right.....? on 10:41 - Feb 1 with 2188 viewsTrickster

This is a joke right.....? on 10:35 - Feb 1 by SWGF

If player A is valued at £3m by their club, we bid £1m for that player, that's rejected so we move on, howe is that backing the manager?

MM was given funds to bid for players, when he had none in summer. This, he receives backing from Evans.

This is a joke right.....? on 10:42 - Feb 1 with 2171 viewsDoobDude

This is a joke right.....? on 10:38 - Feb 1 by Bigalhunter

There never was a 7 figure amount available to spend.
Evans had no intention whatsoever of spending that much.
A transparent & inept attempt to hoodwink fans.

One positive from last night is that more and more fans are starting to see this.
When I said this a few weeks ago I was once again accused of being a troll or a budgie.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

This is a joke right.....? on 10:44 - Feb 1 with 2161 viewsblueconscience

This is a joke right.....? on 10:41 - Feb 1 by Trickster

MM was given funds to bid for players, when he had none in summer. This, he receives backing from Evans.

Shame the "funds" were insufficent.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

This is a joke right.....? on 10:47 - Feb 1 with 2121 viewsSWGF

Go and buy Messi for me.

Here, take this 50p and let me know how you get on, but don't say I didnt back you.

This is a joke right.....? on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 2061 viewsWeekender

This is a joke right.....? on 10:42 - Feb 1 by DoobDude

One positive from last night is that more and more fans are starting to see this.
When I said this a few weeks ago I was once again accused of being a troll or a budgie.

There's no evidence that there 'never was seven figure sums to spend' the only info we have is MM's statements that seven figure bids were made.

The issue isn't so much that there isn't any money it's that the club can't get deals done. Information suggests it is because they won't meet asking prices which generally since the prem tv deal have gone up significantly. You may well argue its the same thing as the result (no signings of note) is the same but there is a subtle difference. If there truly were no budget the club couldn't make any signings or offers (without sales) but they are trying just failing miserably.

They deserve criticism for the lack of planning, unrealistic negotiating position, lack of strategy, poor communication, terrible football, poor results but you cannot categorically state that there is no funds available.

Its been the same for some time and hasn't changed in this window.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

This is a joke right.....? on 11:09 - Feb 1 with 2027 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't the same thing happen in the summer though? We were linked and bidding but also failed to get any over the line.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is a joke right.....? on 11:14 - Feb 1 with 2014 viewsmonty_radio

This is a joke right.....? on 11:05 - Feb 1 by Weekender

There's no evidence that there 'never was seven figure sums to spend' the only info we have is MM's statements that seven figure bids were made.

The issue isn't so much that there isn't any money it's that the club can't get deals done. Information suggests it is because they won't meet asking prices which generally since the prem tv deal have gone up significantly. You may well argue its the same thing as the result (no signings of note) is the same but there is a subtle difference. If there truly were no budget the club couldn't make any signings or offers (without sales) but they are trying just failing miserably.

They deserve criticism for the lack of planning, unrealistic negotiating position, lack of strategy, poor communication, terrible football, poor results but you cannot categorically state that there is no funds available.

Its been the same for some time and hasn't changed in this window.

In which case, if you know that, say, £1.5m is your top price, you start well below £1m and end up getting what you want. You don't open with a bid £1m+ in today's climate if you're not prepared to go to £2m. You might feel that the whole shooting match is too inflated, but if that's what it is, then put up or shut up.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

This is a joke right.....? on 11:26 - Feb 1 with 1975 viewsTrickster

This is a joke right.....? on 10:47 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Go and buy Messi for me.

Here, take this 50p and let me know how you get on, but don't say I didnt back you.

Right...

This is a joke right.....? on 11:26 - Feb 1 with 1976 viewsWeekender

This is a joke right.....? on 11:14 - Feb 1 by monty_radio

In which case, if you know that, say, £1.5m is your top price, you start well below £1m and end up getting what you want. You don't open with a bid £1m+ in today's climate if you're not prepared to go to £2m. You might feel that the whole shooting match is too inflated, but if that's what it is, then put up or shut up.

Exactly. Its an unrealistic approach.

In today's market Preston were never going to sell Hugill for the £1.5-£2m we offered. Why would they? The club should know that.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Why has Evans decided to suddenly back MM... on 11:27 - Feb 1 with 1953 viewsClausThomsen

What player that watched BBC that Tuesday night would want to join?

He should have been sacked then and there.

We'll end up losing to Norwich 5-1, Mick will get sacked that evening, TC will take over for the rest of the season, we'll go down without a whimper and get relegated down to league 2 with MM's players.
This is a joke right.....? on 11:41 - Feb 1 with 1882 viewsBluebell

Of course a 7 figure bid could be £10,000.99.
Why has Evans decided to suddenly back MM... on 11:48 - Feb 1 with 1853 viewschristiand

ME hasn't backed him. It's a token effort here's 'SOME' funding, but not enough to make a significant difference. Ultimately, though MM is to blame for team performances, ME is the real problem at the club, he is what is stifling us by doings things on the cheap. You can see it in most aspects off the pitch.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024