Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exactly 08:31 - Apr 4 with 2054 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Exactly on 09:42 - Apr 4 with 1777 viewsSwansea_Blue

They're not wrong, but then I wish these podcasters and bloggers would ease up on the 'top of the championship' stuff. It's meaningless even if there are only 6 games to go. It makes me nervous as a lot can happen over those 6 games.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Exactly on 10:01 - Apr 4 with 1687 viewsiamatractorboy

The absolute state of some of those replies below.... let's not let facts get in the way of a narrative, eh Leeds/Leicester fans? I know football discourse by its nature can be hyperbolic, but blimey. They seem to think we constantly score last minute deflected goals. Who do they think we are, Plymouth 22/23? (just kidding)
Exactly on 16:17 - Apr 4 with 1434 viewsnorfsufblue

Exactly on 10:01 - Apr 4 by iamatractorboy

The absolute state of some of those replies below.... let's not let facts get in the way of a narrative, eh Leeds/Leicester fans? I know football discourse by its nature can be hyperbolic, but blimey. They seem to think we constantly score last minute deflected goals. Who do they think we are, Plymouth 22/23? (just kidding)

Honestly.... we take shots at goal in the last minutes, we are at the right end of the pitch.... if you don't want to concede deflected goals then don't try to block them??? But which team adopts that attitude
Exactly on 16:26 - Apr 4 with 1375 viewsgainsboroughblue

The best reply was the Sheff Weds fan claiming they were 'robbed' of second place last season.

We may as well embrace it because even with statistics and facts presented, people aren't going to alter their views. People are either a.trolling, b. don't understand how the game works, c. blinkered or d. just mouth frothing prats.
[Post edited 4 Apr 16:27]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Exactly on 16:27 - Apr 4 with 1367 viewsSheffordBlue

Exactly on 16:17 - Apr 4 by norfsufblue

Honestly.... we take shots at goal in the last minutes, we are at the right end of the pitch.... if you don't want to concede deflected goals then don't try to block them??? But which team adopts that attitude

On the deflected goals we're also worse off on those than the other three. I worked out the 'Deflected Difference' here:

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Exactly on 16:31 - Apr 4 with 1327 viewsgainsboroughblue

Exactly on 16:27 - Apr 4 by SheffordBlue

On the deflected goals we're also worse off on those than the other three. I worked out the 'Deflected Difference' here:

Does that take into account, actual credited own goals?

Just pre-empting the obvious replies.

Exactly on 16:38 - Apr 4 with 1286 viewsSheffordBlue

Exactly on 16:31 - Apr 4 by gainsboroughblue

Does that take into account, actual credited own goals?

Just pre-empting the obvious replies.

No - FBRef, where the data came from classifies them separately. OG totals are as follows:

Ipswich - F 5 A 6 OGD - -1
Leeds - F 2 A 2 OGD - 0
Leicester - F1 A 1 OGD - 0
Southampton - F 2 A 0 - OGD +2

Again we're the unluckiest of the top 4 in this respect (if you think OGs are lucky)
[Post edited 4 Apr 16:40]

Exactly on 16:42 - Apr 4 with 1253 viewsgainsboroughblue

Exactly on 16:38 - Apr 4 by SheffordBlue

No - FBRef, where the data came from classifies them separately. OG totals are as follows:

Ipswich - F 5 A 6 OGD - -1
Leeds - F 2 A 2 OGD - 0
Leicester - F1 A 1 OGD - 0
Southampton - F 2 A 0 - OGD +2

Again we're the unluckiest of the top 4 in this respect (if you think OGs are lucky)
[Post edited 4 Apr 16:40]

We also have the least penalties awarded don't we?

The only metric that we are ahead on on in the lucky goals* metric is the late/injury time winners/levellers.

* Again, not lucky. Just scoring goals within the confines of a 90 minute game of football. Indeed, since the advent of more and more subs being allowed, I'd say that late goals have increased tenfold generally and would be quite interested to see some stats on this.

Login to get fewer ads

Exactly on 16:46 - Apr 4 with 1213 viewsSheffordBlue

Exactly on 16:42 - Apr 4 by gainsboroughblue

We also have the least penalties awarded don't we?

The only metric that we are ahead on on in the lucky goals* metric is the late/injury time winners/levellers.

* Again, not lucky. Just scoring goals within the confines of a 90 minute game of football. Indeed, since the advent of more and more subs being allowed, I'd say that late goals have increased tenfold generally and would be quite interested to see some stats on this.

Even on the late goals if you look at the goal timing stats here (the 10 minute interval ones) we've scored exactly the same from 81 minutes onwards as Southampton and there's not a massive difference with the others:

https://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england2

Ipswich - F17 A8 Diff - +9
Leeds - F12 A4 Diff - +9
Leicester - F13 A11 Diff - +2
Southampton - F17 A8 Diff +9

Exactly on 19:57 - Apr 4 with 859 viewsKropotkin123

I want to defend Leicester fans a little. I've read their forum a few times over the last week and it is interesting to see some people's criticism of their manager. There are lots of criticisms, but one of them is that they are inflexible and don't utilise their subs.

Some draw the contrast with us, and McKenna, who makes impactful substitutions and tweaks during the game. Whilst this group don't explicitly say we score late goals on the merit of our subs and tactics, they are by proxy.

I think the lucky bandwagon are a loud minority.
[Post edited 4 Apr 20:25]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Exactly on 20:19 - Apr 4 with 785 viewsSwansea_Blue

Exactly on 19:57 - Apr 4 by Kropotkin123

I want to defend Leicester fans a little. I've read their forum a few times over the last week and it is interesting to see some people's criticism of their manager. There are lots of criticisms, but one of them is that they are inflexible and don't utilise their subs.

Some draw the contrast with us, and McKenna, who makes impactful substitutions and tweaks during the game. Whilst this group don't explicitly say we score late goals on the merit of our subs and tactics, they are by proxy.

I think the lucky bandwagon are a loud minority.
[Post edited 4 Apr 20:25]

Their match thread on our S’ton match that was linked on here had a lot of rational posts on it. Some right headcases as well, but that’s football forums for you. They’ll be just like us and any other set of fans: biased, passionate and a tendency to view things through their own coloured blinkers.

I was fascinated by the lone Watford fan who kept posting but seemed to be completely ignored. I couldn’t think of a logical link. At least Ullaa on here gets some replies and is treated like one of us (albeit one of us with too many digits and more than a passing interest in familial relationships, but still ).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024