Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel 11:06 - Feb 21 with 3812 viewsPinewoodblue

Comes on with two minutes to play, adjudged to have given away a penalty in injury time but remained composed to get an assist for the winner.

An absolute professional performance.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:08 - Feb 21 with 3770 viewsHerbivore

Another goal contribution for him. He's chipped in very effectively this season. The penalty award was a farce.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:24 - Feb 21 with 3640 viewshomer_123

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:08 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

Another goal contribution for him. He's chipped in very effectively this season. The penalty award was a farce.

Keith 'centre of attention' Stroud innit

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:24 - Feb 21 with 3634 viewsnodge_blue

Yes it took nerves of steel that pass.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:27 - Feb 21 with 3607 viewsWalkyWonderland

He's one of those players every squad needs. Works so hard, follows instructions, does his job, rarely lets anyone down. In reality championship is as far as he goes but will be a sad day when he finally leaves. A wonderful servant to the club.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:35 - Feb 21 with 3504 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:27 - Feb 21 by WalkyWonderland

He's one of those players every squad needs. Works so hard, follows instructions, does his job, rarely lets anyone down. In reality championship is as far as he goes but will be a sad day when he finally leaves. A wonderful servant to the club.

OK let's not go overboard.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:44 - Feb 21 with 3450 viewsGuthrum

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:08 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

If that was a penalty, so was Broadhead being bundled over in the box by a Rotherham defender when in on goal. But I don't think either really was.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:47 - Feb 21 with 3391 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:24 - Feb 21 by nodge_blue

Yes it took nerves of steel that pass.

It took great awareness to make the pass rather than hit a shot. Hutchinson has chipped in with some very important goals for us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:51 - Feb 21 with 3338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:24 - Feb 21 by homer_123

Keith 'centre of attention' Stroud innit

I thought Stroud had done a very good job in a physical match and not always helped by his assistants (a couple of times he gave the decisions that they should have done but didn't give). He then undid it by that ridiculous penalty decision.

How can he fail to see Loovens castrate McGoldrick and then see some foul in that incident last night?

Having said that, had we failed to win we still only had ourselves to blame for some dreadful defending. At least our double bogeys of Stroud and Rotherham didn't cost us in the end.

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:02 - Feb 21 with 3245 viewsnodge_blue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:47 - Feb 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

It took great awareness to make the pass rather than hit a shot. Hutchinson has chipped in with some very important goals for us.

He has. I think he has improved alot over the season. He will be a miss next year.

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:04 - Feb 21 with 3223 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:02 - Feb 21 by nodge_blue

He has. I think he has improved alot over the season. He will be a miss next year.

Unless he is with us again.

I can see Chelsea loaning him to us again in the Premier League.

I agree 100% he is improving with us which is another reason why I think they would loan him again.

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:06 - Feb 21 with 3190 viewsDarkBrandon

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:04 - Feb 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree 100% he is improving with us which is another reason why I think they would loan him again.

The thought has crossed my mind. He’s done well, but not sufficiently well to bother the Chelsea first team I wouldn’t have thought.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:21 - Feb 21 with 3088 viewsnodge_blue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:04 - Feb 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

A big IF we go up, i could see us trying to buy him. But yes you would think he will probably be out on loan next year.

It seems to me that a really tricky wide player is almost essential in this formation and league. If only we could have signed Philogene. Sarmiento looks decent but id take Hutchinson over him at the moment.

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:35 - Feb 21 with 2962 viewsbournemouthblue

Jackson in fairness, generally picks the right ball, when he gets slotted in down the wing

Perhaps he's always been an inside forward and never a striker?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:06 - Feb 21 with 2762 viewsFtnfwest

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:51 - Feb 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought Stroud had done a very good job in a physical match and not always helped by his assistants (a couple of times he gave the decisions that they should have done but didn't give). He then undid it by that ridiculous penalty decision.

How can he fail to see Loovens castrate McGoldrick and then see some foul in that incident last night?

Having said that, had we failed to win we still only had ourselves to blame for some dreadful defending. At least our double bogeys of Stroud and Rotherham didn't cost us in the end.

Rotherham fully deserved to be level at that point but the penalty decision itself was classic Stroud, as was the 'look at me while i give it in slow motion' drama. They made contact with each other and one went down like a sack of spuds.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:18 - Feb 21 with 2672 viewstractorshark

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 11:27 - Feb 21 by WalkyWonderland

I like Jackson’s work rate and professionalism. I think wonderful servant and Championship level is probably stretching it a little bit but he is a very useful substitute for certain situations.
What I do admire is his attitude and I agree he won’t ever give less than 100%.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:35 - Feb 21 with 2591 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:18 - Feb 21 by tractorshark

I like Jackson’s work rate and professionalism. I think wonderful servant and Championship level is probably stretching it a little bit but he is a very useful substitute for certain situations.

He's averaging a goal contribution every 168 minutes. That's pretty good going. He's shown this season he is up to playing at this level, imo. Never going to be a regular starter for a top Championship side necessarily but more than good enough to be effective.

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 2495 viewsNedPlimpton

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:21 - Feb 21 by nodge_blue

A big IF we go up, i could see us trying to buy him. But yes you would think he will probably be out on loan next year.

It seems to me that a really tricky wide player is almost essential in this formation and league. If only we could have signed Philogene. Sarmiento looks decent but id take Hutchinson over him at the moment.

Given the FFP sh*tstorm that should hopefully be coming Chelsea's way, I'd imagine they'd be looking to move on as many homegrown players as possible
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 14:21 - Feb 21 with 2382 viewsyorkshireblue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:21 - Feb 21 by nodge_blue

For FFP purposes, does he count as a home grown player - meaning any sale counts as 100% profit?

He came through their academy, moved and then came back again so I’m not clear.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 15:30 - Feb 21 with 2186 viewsWalkyWonderland

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:18 - Feb 21 by tractorshark

Not at the top end as a regular starter no but bottom half he would could play and be effective as a first teamer. I'd put him on an ability level with someone like Ladapo - top end league one, bottom end champ but if you had to buy Ladapo or Jackson as a team like Plymouth say, it would be Jackson every day for me.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 15:32 - Feb 21 with 2150 viewstractorshark

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 13:35 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

He's averaging a goal contribution every 168 minutes. That's pretty good going. He's shown this season he is up to playing at this level, imo. Never going to be a regular starter for a top Championship side necessarily but more than good enough to be effective.

A goal contribution every 168 minutes sounds like he’s averaging one every other game but it’s not really like that.
These are cameo/substitute contributions over a period of matches. Take nothing away from Jackson because it shows his value to the squad but obviously you have to factor in tired limbs etc.
When I talk about Championship level, perhaps I’m being a little harsh. Maybe I should qualify it as top half of the Championship.
He’s certainly not a central striker in the Championship, we saw that after Hirst got injured and before Moore arrived.
For me, he’s very much in the same bracket as Ladapo. Different types of player but one whose ceiling is probably bottom half of the Championship at best.
Jackson is very likeable, honest and a good pro but taking sentiment out of the equation, even if we don’t go up this season we will need better than him to make the next step in the Championship.
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 16:39 - Feb 21 with 1979 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 15:32 - Feb 21 by tractorshark

A goal contribution every 168 minutes sounds like he’s averaging one every other game but it’s not really like that.
These are cameo/substitute contributions over a period of matches. Take nothing away from Jackson because it shows his value to the squad but obviously you have to factor in tired limbs etc.
When I talk about Championship level, perhaps I’m being a little harsh. Maybe I should qualify it as top half of the Championship.
He’s certainly not a central striker in the Championship, we saw that after Hirst got injured and before Moore arrived.
For me, he’s very much in the same bracket as Ladapo. Different types of player but one whose ceiling is probably bottom half of the Championship at best.
Jackson is very likeable, honest and a good pro but taking sentiment out of the equation, even if we don’t go up this season we will need better than him to make the next step in the Championship.

His goal contributions are fairly well in line with some of our other regular impact subs, such as Hutchinson and Harness. I'd personally say he's better than Ladapo and think we've seen that in their respective performances for us this season. I'd agree he's not a regular starter for a top half Championship sides but a club like us is unlikely to have a bench that's full of players good enough to start regularly for most top half sides.

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 16:59 - Feb 21 with 1867 viewsDJR

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 15:32 - Feb 21 by tractorshark

I am not sure I buy the idea that players coming on have better statistics than those who start, not least because the opposition will have made changes too.

As it is, he holds up pretty well in this from the BBC, and he offers something different to other players, which is often the point of a substitute if things aren't going well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers
Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 17:45 - Feb 21 with 1763 viewsRadlett_blue

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 12:02 - Feb 21 by nodge_blue

If we are to be challenging for promotion to the PL, I think some of our squad players need to be upgraded, including Ball & Jackson. In fairness, Jackson has done a good job as squad player & McKenna likes the fact that he follows his instructions.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Kayden Jackson nerves of steel on 22:10 - Feb 21 with 1414 viewscressi

He did give the penalty away irrespective if it was or it wasn't that pass was that difficult Hutchinson took the chance if he hadn't everyone would be moaning bout the penalty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024