Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This thing we've got about giving the other side a 1-0 headstart 11:42 - Feb 11 with 454 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is all getting a bit psychological for us isn't it?

You could see the nervousness in the side around preventing the first goal, Ironically as soon as it went in, we seemed to settle and were able to play our natural game. I think its become a real mental block, we need some clean sheets, hopefully from Millwall and Swansea.

I don't think we helped ourselves by playing so high yesterday, although both goals came from turning over possession to WBA, the first was from a counter attack and playing so high we struggled with their pace when they did counter.

We (and when I say we, I mean the crowd) probably need to be a bit more patient, when sides are playing with a low block, we need to work it side to side to try and get someone to step out and leave a space, there's no point in groaning and calling for a forward ball, it that forward ball hands over possession and gives an opportunity to break.

I would have posted this last night, but I popped on, saw a post about us being 'just a League One club that is battling' and thought better of stopping.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This thing we've got about giving the other side a 1-0 headstart on 11:58 - Feb 11 with 398 viewsFrimleyBlue

But you found yourself needing to mention to it. So hello. It looks bad when you just use the phrase but to use a famous posters phrase, there's context to it. But well done on ignoring it.

But back to your op. You are spot on in regards to the headstarts altho Joe said earlier it doesn't really matter as its just the way we play. So I don't really get what people are expecting.. for us to change something and stop it or not change and continue to do it...

It doesn't help and when it happens occasionally then it's a something that's just happened. But when it's a large number of games when it happens surely there Is something happening which KM has to solve. That's not imo being overly critical or negative It just changes the game from what we've trained for all week.

Absolutely inidivual errors don't help.. but that's where we fall into the different reasons.
Are the players good enough?
Are they following instructions to literall. I.e wolfy trying his best to retain play against taking out the striker and making the wrong decision.
Clarke was roaming forward alot and its natural to him but it leaves us exposed.. a direct request or one his not performing well at and roams at the wrong times?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024