Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassed blue 07:05 - Feb 12 with 3228 viewsLBBlue

Travelling back from Saturdays game on the train to Bury st Edmunds with my sixteen year old daughter, I'm embarrassed to say that I witnessed the most misogynistic and Neanderthal behaviour of one of our own towards a lady on the train. This thirty something decided to openly gawp, not so subtlety roaming his stare at her up and down, then making comments like "she wants me but doesn't know it", "she'll be mine later".
Now I'm ashamed that I didn't intervene and ashamed I stopped my daughter, but unfortunately you don't know these days if someone is carrying a blade, but I'm even more ashamed that his mates didn't stop him as all were also in Ipswich gear.
All women should be allowed to travel without fear of being harassed and I hope if someone reads this and they are a mate of his then next time they'll reign him in.
Embarrassed blue on 07:11 - Feb 12 with 3158 viewsBuhrer

If you weren't brave enough to tell him, why do we need to hear it first thing?

To the - massive.... by all means do nothing but at least reach down and squeeze. Perhaps give those unpleasant fans a good ol thimbs down next time if you cant speak to a grown up at the time. Good luck x
[Post edited 13 Feb 7:17]
Embarrassed blue on 07:21 - Feb 12 with 3064 viewsSitfcB

How did she react?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Embarrassed blue on 07:31 - Feb 12 with 3007 viewsNutkins_Return

Embarrassed blue on 07:11 - Feb 12 by Buhrer

To the - massive.... by all means do nothing but at least reach down and squeeze. Perhaps give those unpleasant fans a good ol thimbs down next time if you cant speak to a grown up at the time. Good luck x

Weird comment in my opinion. Outnumbered and with his child. It's understandable.

I'd like to think I would say something but when you are with your kids it becomes much more difficult.
Embarrassed blue on 07:51 - Feb 12 with 2853 viewsNeedhamChris

This should be an uncontroversial statement. Agree entirely.

But from a fan base that thinks 'she's a whore' is an appropriate chant - sadly there are many neanderthals amongst us.
[Post edited 12 Feb 7:51]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Embarrassed blue on 07:56 - Feb 12 with 2804 viewsBuhrer

Embarrassed blue on 07:31 - Feb 12 by Nutkins_Return

Weird comment in my opinion. Outnumbered and with his child. It's understandable.

I'd like to think I would say something but when you are with your kids it becomes much more difficult.

Only as you think doing something involves risking himself. Speaking to an authority rather than posting on here would have made sense. Reading about someone's pointless shame seems a bit weird this end.

Pass the msg on twtd, some nob in a blue shirt somewhere stared at a woman and made crude remarks.
[Post edited 12 Feb 7:58]
Embarrassed blue on 09:58 - Feb 12 with 2370 viewsMatt_Netherlands

It’s not too late to report it now. You can text the 61016 number.

You never know, she might have reported it and your witness statement could be the difference between the idiot getting what he deserves or not.

And next time if you don’t feel safe saying something, at the next station stop track down the guard on the platform. They are the. Duty bound to take action and you can just slip back onto another carriage and not identify yourself as the reporter.
Embarrassed blue on 10:36 - Feb 12 with 2192 viewsGeoffSentence

Embarrassed blue on 07:11 - Feb 12 by Buhrer

You might be comfortable with confrontation but not everyone is, and probably most people are not.

It is perfectly valid to not want to get involved at the time but still to call out that behaviour in a public manner.

Even if the bloke on the train doesn't read this, there could well be others who would behave in the say who are reading this and who might be prompted into questioning their behaviour.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Embarrassed blue on 10:46 - Feb 12 with 2129 viewsfarkenhell

Embarrassed blue on 07:56 - Feb 12 by Buhrer

Only as you think doing something involves risking himself. Speaking to an authority rather than posting on here would have made sense. Reading about someone's pointless shame seems a bit weird this end.

Pass the msg on twtd, some nob in a blue shirt somewhere stared at a woman and made crude remarks.
[Post edited 12 Feb 7:58]

Did you not read his final sentence?
Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassed blue on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 2073 viewsBuhrer

Embarrassed blue on 10:36 - Feb 12 by GeoffSentence

You might be comfortable with confrontation but not everyone is, and probably most people are not.

It is perfectly valid to not want to get involved at the time but still to call out that behaviour in a public manner.

Even if the bloke on the train doesn't read this, there could well be others who would behave in the say who are reading this and who might be prompted into questioning their behaviour.

No confrontation required, just needed to do something, like report it appropriately. Calling it out to strangers is pointless.
Embarrassed blue on 12:41 - Feb 12 with 1774 viewsLBBlue

Embarrassed blue on 09:58 - Feb 12 by Matt_Netherlands

You never know, she might have reported it and your witness statement could be the difference between the idiot getting what he deserves or not.

And next time if you don’t feel safe saying something, at the next station stop track down the guard on the platform. They are the. Duty bound to take action and you can just slip back onto another carriage and not identify yourself as the reporter.

Thank you for the useful replies. I have reported it via the text number supplied and have had a response already.
Embarrassed blue on 13:52 - Feb 12 with 1527 viewsGeoffSentence

Embarrassed blue on 10:50 - Feb 12 by Buhrer

No confrontation required, just needed to do something, like report it appropriately. Calling it out to strangers is pointless.

Calling it out, even to strangers on a forum, does spread the word that it is not acceptable. Some numpties don't realise that and banging that drum helps it get through.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Embarrassed blue on 14:05 - Feb 12 with 1461 viewsITFCSG

I usually pay more attention to my behaviour when wearing Town colours, it is important how the public views the Club and supporters. One black sheep can spoil the image of the club totally. Ever wondered why fans of clubs such as Millwall, West Ham, Leeds even Sheff Wed are despised nationwide (even internationally) all comes down to public perception, which starts from how their fans behave in public.
Embarrassed blue on 14:11 - Feb 12 with 1411 viewsMeadowlark

Embarrassed blue on 09:58 - Feb 12 by Matt_Netherlands

"station stop"

🤣

Just because the railways use arcane language it doesn't mean we have to do so too.
Embarrassed blue on 18:21 - Feb 12 with 1052 viewsNutkins_Return

Embarrassed blue on 10:50 - Feb 12 by Buhrer

And he's done that now based on advice following the thread on how to report it.

All good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024