Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HWFG - Moore 09:01 - Feb 1 with 3765 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

HWFG - Moore on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 2941 viewsWeirdFishes

I’m not excited / happy as others at the prospect of signing Moore but beggars can’t be choosers at this time.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

HWFG - Moore on 09:20 - Feb 1 with 2878 viewsITFCBlues

HWFG - Moore on 09:18 - Feb 1 by WeirdFishes

I’m not excited / happy as others at the prospect of signing Moore but beggars can’t be choosers at this time.

Who were you expecting?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

HWFG - Moore on 09:25 - Feb 1 with 2768 viewssmithy69

HWFG - Moore on 09:18 - Feb 1 by WeirdFishes

Imagine not being excited about a premier league striker who has scored 9 in 38 appearances for
His country and over a 100 goals at club level

The mind boggles
HWFG - Moore on 09:31 - Feb 1 with 2596 viewsKieran_Knows

HWFG - Moore on 09:25 - Feb 1 by smithy69

Imagine not being excited about a premier league striker who has scored 9 in 38 appearances for

The mind boggles

Why can't people feel a little underwhelmed, just because of those stats?

The fact of the matter is, he will not give us what Hirst does in terms of his pressing from the front or running the channels. I don't for one minute think he is some sort of slouch, but all the times I've watched him over the past 5/6 years whether it be Bournemouth, Cardiff, Wales and whoever before them, that has never been his game.

Of course, he has all the other attributes that Hirst does, if not better - holding the ball up, bringing others in to play, hopefully getting on the end of crosses and the like in the box, but if you don't realise by now what our centre forward gives us in this system, you never will.

As others have said, it's probably needs must at this stage, and I will be really intrigued as to what KM does with him, as I can't see him changing him overnight in to this all pressing striker that we so desperately require for the system we play.

I'm happy with him, and hopefully he will have the same impact, if not better than Hirst and lets see where we are in 4 months time.
[Post edited 1 Feb 9:31]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

HWFG - Moore on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 2486 viewspointofblue

Breaking on Sky - loan deal agreed with Getafe for Unal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

HWFG - Moore on 09:35 - Feb 1 with 2468 viewsDanTheMan

HWFG - Moore on 09:31 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

The fact of the matter is, he will not give us what Hirst does in terms of his pressing from the front or running the channels. I don't for one minute think he is some sort of slouch, but all the times I've watched him over the past 5/6 years whether it be Bournemouth, Cardiff, Wales and whoever before them, that has never been his game.

Of course, he has all the other attributes that Hirst does, if not better - holding the ball up, bringing others in to play, hopefully getting on the end of crosses and the like in the box, but if you don't realise by now what our centre forward gives us in this system, you never will.

As others have said, it's probably needs must at this stage, and I will be really intrigued as to what KM does with him, as I can't see him changing him overnight in to this all pressing striker that we so desperately require for the system we play.

I'm happy with him, and hopefully he will have the same impact, if not better than Hirst and lets see where we are in 4 months time.

He's an upgrade on Jackson (as much as I like him) and definitely an upgrade on Broadhead who couldn't lead the line against semi-professionals.

I do agree though on the pressing. Maybe McKenna can quickly coach him into doing that sort of thing but seems doubtful.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

HWFG - Moore on 09:39 - Feb 1 with 2318 viewssmithy69

HWFG - Moore on 09:35 - Feb 1 by DanTheMan

He's an upgrade on Jackson (as much as I like him) and definitely an upgrade on Broadhead who couldn't lead the line against semi-professionals.

I do agree though on the pressing. Maybe McKenna can quickly coach him into doing that sort of thing but seems doubtful.

I love Hirst - but I don’t think it’s unfair to say that Moore is an upgrade on Hirst

Different players with different attributes but I’ve seen so many negative things around Moore. I just don’t get it
HWFG - Moore on 09:41 - Feb 1 with 2277 viewsKieran_Knows

HWFG - Moore on 09:39 - Feb 1 by smithy69

I love Hirst - but I don’t think it’s unfair to say that Moore is an upgrade on Hirst

Different players with different attributes but I’ve seen so many negative things around Moore. I just don’t get it

'Different players with different attributes but I’ve seen so many negative things around Moore. I just don’t get it'

That's exactly it, isn't it? At what point have we shown a variation to our play in terms of how we press from the front? Christ, McKenna had preferred Jackson to Ladapo the past 4 months because of what Jackson gives us in terms of pressing from the front. So why all of a sudden do we think we're going to change the system to suit Moore?

Login to get fewer ads

HWFG - Moore on 09:41 - Feb 1 with 2261 viewsDJR

This is worth following, and not just for Moore.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24089343.ipswich-town-january-transfer-deadline-day
[Post edited 1 Feb 9:43]
HWFG - Moore on 09:42 - Feb 1 with 2243 viewspointofblue

HWFG - Moore on 09:41 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

'Different players with different attributes but I’ve seen so many negative things around Moore. I just don’t get it'

That's exactly it, isn't it? At what point have we shown a variation to our play in terms of how we press from the front? Christ, McKenna had preferred Jackson to Ladapo the past 4 months because of what Jackson gives us in terms of pressing from the front. So why all of a sudden do we think we're going to change the system to suit Moore?

Out of interest, who would have preferred us to bring in over Moore?

HWFG - Moore on 09:44 - Feb 1 with 2164 viewsKieran_Knows

HWFG - Moore on 09:42 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

Out of interest, who would have preferred us to bring in over Moore?

Gallagher & Hardie are 2 that spring to mind that I would imagine would be within budget (although like with Gallagher, other factors come in to play).

But then I'm not part of the recruitment team, so what do I know?

HWFG - Moore on 09:47 - Feb 1 with 2065 viewsNthQldITFC

HWFG - Moore on 09:31 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

I suggest we look at Moore as a (big) upgrade on Ladapo, and Al Hamadi as something of a Hirst replacement with some big unknowns (pros and cons) in his game. Al Hamadi looks like he can do the pressing (as can Jackson of course), probably not Hirst's hold up play, but potentially a bit more of a direct threat than Hirst/Jackson.

The crucial thing is that in the three of them (two of whom will almost certainly be heavily used in most games) we still have a blend of attributes, albeit slightly rebalanced from what we're used to. But I see Moore as a Ladapo replacement/upgrade more than anything, and I see KMc using his new quiver to perfection.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

HWFG - Moore on 09:48 - Feb 1 with 2042 viewspointofblue

HWFG - Moore on 09:44 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

Gallagher & Hardie are 2 that spring to mind that I would imagine would be within budget (although like with Gallagher, other factors come in to play).

Hardie is an interesting one. Not sure if we were ever interested or if Plymouth made clear he wasn't for sale from the off.

Obviously we wanted Gallagher but Blackburn changed their mind on whether to sell.

HWFG - Moore on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 2025 viewssmithy69

Gallagher is on 25k a week, has made 7 appearances and scored 1 goal this season I believe. He played well in the week - against a league 2 team

Moore over him all day long
HWFG - Moore on 09:50 - Feb 1 with 1996 viewsunbelievablue

Moore Moore Moore, how do you like him, why don't you like him?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

HWFG - Moore on 09:50 - Feb 1 with 1980 viewsKieran_Knows

HWFG - Moore on 09:49 - Feb 1 by smithy69

Gallagher is on 25k a week, has made 7 appearances and scored 1 goal this season I believe. He played well in the week - against a league 2 team

Moore over him all day long

Again, that's not the issue, is it? Gallagher is a more experienced version of Hirst who would suit the system better.

If you haven't realised that in 2 years, you never will.

HWFG - Moore on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 1836 viewsWeirdFishes

HWFG - Moore on 09:25 - Feb 1 by smithy69

The mind boggles

It’s nothing to do with goal scoring record, I don’t see him as being able to do what Hirst does in terms of pressing etc.

Sorry for expressing an opinion.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

HWFG - Moore on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 1811 viewssmithy69

HWFG - Moore on 09:50 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

Again, that's not the issue, is it? Gallagher is a more experienced version of Hirst who would suit the system better.

But he hasn’t been playing. That’s my point
HWFG - Moore on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 1722 viewsJon_456

HWFG - Moore on 09:41 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

While all that is true, we’re going to be facing a few cr*p teams at home over the next few weeks which will probably require less pressing and more of a Moore style player for the 10s to play off and to also get on the end of crosses.

Certainly no Hirst replacement but still a very good option to have at this level.
HWFG - Moore on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 1721 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I'm honestly so surprised we never took a deeper interest in Ryan Hardie. Maybe we did and it didn't materialise in the media, but he would've been someone I'd have thought a deal could've happened if we went in.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

HWFG - Moore on 09:55 - Feb 1 with 1662 viewspointofblue

HWFG - Moore on 09:50 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough. But how do you get a club to sell who doesn't want to sell? Would you prefer us to go ridiculous on Gallagher - say ÂŁ5m upwards to push Blackburn into a corner - or bring in Moore on loan?

HWFG - Moore on 09:59 - Feb 1 with 1483 viewsLinners

I often look at whether I'd be happy if Norwich brought that player in, and I'd rather they'd got Gallagher than Moore...
HWFG - Moore on 10:00 - Feb 1 with 1465 viewshomer_123

HWFG - Moore on 09:53 - Feb 1 by smithy69

But he hasn’t been playing. That’s my point

Without looking - actually playing time might not be vastly different between the two.

Of the two, Gallagher is a far better fit to our system. Can Moore do a job - yes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

HWFG - Moore on 10:01 - Feb 1 with 1404 viewssmithy69

HWFG - Moore on 10:00 - Feb 1 by homer_123

Without looking - actually playing time might not be vastly different between the two.

Of the two, Gallagher is a far better fit to our system. Can Moore do a job - yes.

Personally I think teams have started to figure out our system - and with some scrappier teams coming up - I can see Moore being more Influential against those

Only an opinion though
HWFG - Moore on 10:05 - Feb 1 with 1320 viewsSamWhiteUK

Kieffer Moore came up in my trending list and all the first few tweets were about him maybe coming here
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024