Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maidstone vs Braintree in the National League South tonight 21:49 - Jan 23 with 1094 viewsMiaow

Are there many other users on here from the Braintree area?

Despite it being my original hometown and a short distance from where I now live, the only time I’ve been to a Braintree game was for a friendly against an Ipswich XI at Cressing Road (Clockhouse Way?) in the summer of 2008.

It’s just finished at Maidstone, with Braintree taking a point in a 1–1 draw. Over 1,500 in attendance. Maidstone are 4th in the table, with Braintree in 13th. Chelmsford are 3rd.

After so many years of pretty dull FA Cup fixtures and, of course, barely any wins in the competition, it’s nice to have had some good matches against teams lower down the pyramid (Bracknell, Buxton and Maidstone). Proper cup ties. I remember we were going to play sixth-tier Droylsden in 2009(?) which would have been a decent gap in terms of league places between the two sides but they got kicked out and Chesterfield were reinstated.

I wonder when a team last played Braintree and Ipswich in consecutive competitive matches? I’m not sure if we were ever in the same league/division prior to turning professional.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Maidstone vs Braintree in the National League South tonight on 22:03 - Jan 23 with 1011 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I haven’t been to see them for a few years, my son went Boxing Day v Chelmsford!
Maidstone vs Braintree in the National League South tonight on 22:25 - Jan 23 with 927 viewsandytown

Live just down the road, last went in 2016 when Braintree were an unlucky red card and late conceded goal from beating Grimsby in the National league play off semis. Grimsby were managed by Paul Hurst and the Cowleys were in charge at Braintree.
Braintree almost only one game away from league 2, now that would have been fun.
Maidstone vs Braintree in the National League South tonight on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 507 viewssoupytwist

Maidstone vs Braintree in the National League South tonight on 22:25 - Jan 23 by andytown

Live just down the road, last went in 2016 when Braintree were an unlucky red card and late conceded goal from beating Grimsby in the National league play off semis. Grimsby were managed by Paul Hurst and the Cowleys were in charge at Braintree.
Braintree almost only one game away from league 2, now that would have been fun.

I was at that game too, hadn't realised that Hurst was the Grimsby manager until now.

Braintree just ran out of steam in that game. It was a shame but I think Grimsby were more or less full-time at that point and Braintree weren't which told in the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024