Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later 14:41 - Jan 15 with 1431 viewsblueasfook

At their coding club. Will be doing a term there as part of some volunteering work.

Hope I dont get beaten up!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:47 - Jan 15 with 1367 viewsKeno

Maybe ask Mulley for some tips on how to do teaching

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:49 - Jan 15 with 1357 viewsgiant_stow

Just don;t turn your back on them and it'll be fine.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:52 - Jan 15 with 1335 viewsblueasfook

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:47 - Jan 15 by Keno

Maybe ask Mulley for some tips on how to do teaching

Am quite nervous. Never taught kids before.

I am not alone thankfully and will have an experienced teacher with me!

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:59 - Jan 15 with 1292 viewsHelp

Be prepared for attitude
Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 15:01 - Jan 15 with 1284 viewsKeno

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:52 - Jan 15 by blueasfook

Actually I can imagine you are nervous!! I'd be bricking it

maybe some of teachers on here can give you some tips

Like smile a lot, take a deep breath before you start then talk slowly and clearly

I'm sure you'll be ok, what could possibly go wrong

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 15:09 - Jan 15 with 1239 viewsgiant_stow

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:59 - Jan 15 by Help

Be prepared for attitude

My boy's year 6 - I often find myself driving his mates to footy training or taking them to the park and it's amazing how young the bolshy attitude kicks in. And the rude-boy speak (in London at least) is already coming on too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 15:16 - Jan 15 with 1191 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:52 - Jan 15 by blueasfook

Take it from me. Get the profanities in nice and early and you'll set the boundaries.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 15:19 - Jan 15 with 1179 viewshoppy

Community service?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 16:01 - Jan 15 with 1083 viewsbluelagos

The final lecture I was given when I did a PGCE - was about our first lesson when we get a job.

The closing line was "You'll be apprehensive and scared but remember, they'll be more scared than you"

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 16:14 - Jan 15 with 1021 viewsZx1988

Take the acoustic guitar, have a nice chat with them about their favourite popular beat combos, explain how that nice Mr Stormy will never match up to Cliff Richard, and then finish with a group rendition of an all-time classic such as Brown Girl In The Ring or Power to All Our Friends.

Job done.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 16:20 - Jan 15 with 993 viewsleitrimblue

I Sometimes randomly get asked to speak to kids in schools. What really stands out is how different 1 school/class can be compared to the next. Sometimes it goes so well, kids are really enthusiastic and half the lesson is just taken up with them asking questions.
I will think I have mastered it and then the next school I do they will just stare at me in silence
Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 19:05 - Jan 15 with 855 viewsblueasfook

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 16:14 - Jan 15 by Zx1988

Take the acoustic guitar, have a nice chat with them about their favourite popular beat combos, explain how that nice Mr Stormy will never match up to Cliff Richard, and then finish with a group rendition of an all-time classic such as Brown Girl In The Ring or Power to All Our Friends.

Job done.

Lol, maybe next week. It didn't go so bad actually. Quite a noisy environment! The main thing I learned is kids just like to do their own thing. They have assignments to do with explicit instructions to program certain things such as animations etc. They rarely follow the instructions and just do their own thing. But hey, they're being creative and still learning so all good.

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 19:23 - Jan 15 with 798 viewsBigalhunter

Teaching some Year 6 kids at local school later on 14:59 - Jan 15 by Help

Be prepared for attitude

I’m sure those poor kids are.

[Post edited 15 Jan 19:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024