Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The gerrymandering continues apace 16:47 - Jan 16 with 743 viewsZx1988

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67993306

Upping the foreign voter-base by almost 2.5m at a stroke, and bringing into the franchise those who will be least affected by the outcome of their vote, other than making sure that everything to do with their pension/taxation is looked after properly.

A 5.25% increase in the total voter base, with (I would imagine) a significant chunk of them inclined to vote the right way.
[Post edited 16 Jan 16:55]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

The gerrymandering continues apace on 16:51 - Jan 16 with 710 viewshomer_123

With Trump seemingly up and running....if the Tories get voted back in I would not be surprised.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The gerrymandering continues apace on 16:53 - Jan 16 with 689 viewsDJR

No doubt Conservatives Abroad (who were much more prominent in Spain than the Labour equivalent) will be on the case.

https://www.conservativesabroad.org/
The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:04 - Jan 16 with 642 viewsSomethingBlue

The gerrymandering continues apace on 16:51 - Jan 16 by homer_123

With Trump seemingly up and running....if the Tories get voted back in I would not be surprised.

The Tories will do absolutely anything to stay in power – people shouldn't be naive to it, I suspect we've only seen the very tip of the iceberg.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:08 - Jan 16 with 623 viewshomer_123

The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:04 - Jan 16 by SomethingBlue

The Tories will do absolutely anything to stay in power – people shouldn't be naive to it, I suspect we've only seen the very tip of the iceberg.

It's going to be an awful campaign isn't it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 625 viewsMattinLondon

If someone emigrates then best of luck with them but they should lose their vote straight away. Ex-prisoners should be more entitled to vote than ex-pats.
The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:18 - Jan 16 with 590 viewsghostofescobar

Yep, bringing into play many older voters (retired to the sun) who are more likely to vote Tory.

GhostOfEscobar

The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 566 viewsSteve_M

That was the likely intention, don't underestimate the anti-Tory radicalisation of those living abroad whose lives Brexit has made much harder.

That this has been brought in at the same time as ID checks in the UK rather gives the game away though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:58 - Jan 16 with 496 viewsBlueBadger

The gerrymandering continues apace on 17:09 - Jan 16 by MattinLondon

If someone emigrates then best of luck with them but they should lose their vote straight away. Ex-prisoners should be more entitled to vote than ex-pats.

You appear to have spelt 'economic migrants' wrongly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The gerrymandering continues apace on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 460 viewsRyorry

The quickest & cheapest (Tories have a far bigger campaign fund, can't think where it comes from ...) boost Labour could give their mission would be a wide publicity drive, both local & national, getting people out to vote, including assisting peopoe without passports/driving licences etc. to fill in & send off their voter ID applications.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024