Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? 08:17 - Dec 28 with 1990 viewsWeWereZombies

El Mizouni - is that possible or is he committed for the whole season ?

Corrie Ndaba - would be interesting to see if he can now fill the Morsy róle in an emergency with his Scottish Premiership experience.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 08:55 - Dec 28 with 1847 viewsfranz_tyson

Does Ndaba play CM ? Thought he was LB or LCB.

Don't think SPL is that good a level. Penney did well last season ... and then flopped in L1.

Wouldn't think El Miz would like to be brought back from being top dog to struggle to get in matchday 18. I'd leave him be.
Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 09:20 - Dec 28 with 1729 viewsGuthrum

The big question is what would we be recalling the players for?

If it's only to cover for a very short-term issue, like Morsy being suspended for a game or two or Burgess going off to the Asia Cup, then is it wise to ruin a developing player's programme of match experience just for that? After playing their two or three matches, they would be consigned to the bench at best, while still occupying a valuable space in the 25-man registered squad.

It would also be a kick in the teeth for those players who have been carrying out that role throughout the first half of the season (e.g. Ball in CM).

Thus i don't think it is that likely. Perhaps a shade more so with El Mizouni, as he is closer to the First Team than Ndaba.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 09:36 - Dec 28 with 1631 viewsNutkins_Return

Ndaba to cover Morsy? Ndaba isn't a midfielder or better than Ball, Humphreys or Taylor....so no.

El Miz likely the same although would at least be more like for like for sure.

It's 50/50 whether Morsy goes but unless we can get someone who could legitimately be his long term successor then we will spend the money elsewhere.
Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 09:39 - Dec 28 with 1616 viewshoppy

Is Jay Tabb still recallable?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 10:11 - Dec 28 with 1470 viewshomer_123

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 09:39 - Dec 28 by hoppy

Is Jay Tabb still recallable?

Tabby?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 10:29 - Dec 28 with 1377 viewshoppy

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 10:11 - Dec 28 by homer_123

Tabby?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 21:04 - Dec 28 with 985 viewsWeWereZombies

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 09:36 - Dec 28 by Nutkins_Return

Ndaba to cover Morsy? Ndaba isn't a midfielder or better than Ball, Humphreys or Taylor....so no.

El Miz likely the same although would at least be more like for like for sure.

It's 50/50 whether Morsy goes but unless we can get someone who could legitimately be his long term successor then we will spend the money elsewhere.

Ndaba started off as a midfielder but was then coached as a defender in his early twenties at Town, however when he first went on loan to Ayr United he was immediately put into a more advanced role on the right hand side of midfield (almost in preference to Brett McGavin...) Now he is being used more centrally in midfield by Kilmarnock (and I suspect that Derek McInnes is also keeping him in a more disciplined playing style.)

I see Guthrum's point about possibly ruining one of our development projects by recalling them to only play two or three games but it must be getting to a make or break point for both players at Town and it would also be a kick in the nuts for them not to have the chance to show what they can do in the second half of a momentous season (even if all we end up doing is putting them in the shop window for Championship clubs for the 2024/25 season.) If it applies to Cameron Humphries it applies to El Mizouni and Ndaba.

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 21:57 - Dec 28 with 906 viewsbournemouthblue

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 21:04 - Dec 28 by WeWereZombies

Ndaba started off as a midfielder but was then coached as a defender in his early twenties at Town, however when he first went on loan to Ayr United he was immediately put into a more advanced role on the right hand side of midfield (almost in preference to Brett McGavin...) Now he is being used more centrally in midfield by Kilmarnock (and I suspect that Derek McInnes is also keeping him in a more disciplined playing style.)

I see Guthrum's point about possibly ruining one of our development projects by recalling them to only play two or three games but it must be getting to a make or break point for both players at Town and it would also be a kick in the nuts for them not to have the chance to show what they can do in the second half of a momentous season (even if all we end up doing is putting them in the shop window for Championship clubs for the 2024/25 season.) If it applies to Cameron Humphries it applies to El Mizouni and Ndaba.

wasn't Ndaba playing almost like a left back or even a wing back or did I imagine that one?

Seemed to be playing in that position against Celtic or Rangers from memory?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 00:13 - Dec 29 with 769 viewsWeWereZombies

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 21:57 - Dec 28 by bournemouthblue

wasn't Ndaba playing almost like a left back or even a wing back or did I imagine that one?

Seemed to be playing in that position against Celtic or Rangers from memory?

Kilmarnock started 3-5-2 on Wednesday night against St Mirren with Ndaba between the left and the central players in the 5 but was positioned all the way on on the left of midfield in the previous game against St Johnstone. Also, the win over St Mirren may have seen him end the game at the left of a back four, versatile player now.

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 01:10 - Dec 29 with 720 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Are Town going to be recalling anyone in January ? on 09:20 - Dec 28 by Guthrum

The big question is what would we be recalling the players for?

If it's only to cover for a very short-term issue, like Morsy being suspended for a game or two or Burgess going off to the Asia Cup, then is it wise to ruin a developing player's programme of match experience just for that? After playing their two or three matches, they would be consigned to the bench at best, while still occupying a valuable space in the 25-man registered squad.

It would also be a kick in the teeth for those players who have been carrying out that role throughout the first half of the season (e.g. Ball in CM).

Thus i don't think it is that likely. Perhaps a shade more so with El Mizouni, as he is closer to the First Team than Ndaba.

They could come back to Town, play for Town, and then return on a loan to the club they played for previously this season, couldn't they?

The rule says that a player can only play for a maximum of two teams in a season, not what order. For example Scarlett played for Spurs in League Cup, then played for Ipswich in the League, and now can return to Spurs and play for them in the League and FA Cup

El Mizouni or Ndaba could come back to see us through an injury or suspension, and as long as they return before the window shuts, they can then carry on playing for their original loan club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024