Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard 18:35 - Dec 11 with 1424 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Question for the analysts and stats amongst us.

Frank did a really good job at Derby, or so it seemed, but then the wheels came off for him at Chelsea and subsequently Everton.

Did he really do that much of a good job at Derby and if he did, what is the difference between himself and McKenna, apart from McKenna having an elite licence and Lampard only having an 'A' licence, not even a pro licence. Is it that simple?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Frank Lampard on 18:54 - Dec 11 with 1339 viewsMK1

Frank Lampard expects every one of his players to be as good as he was. See also Gerrard & Keane.
Frank Lampard on 18:59 - Dec 11 with 1329 viewsDubtractor

Didn't he get a load of top loanees from Chelsea at Derby? Having that level of load player would have helped!

Mason Mount and Fikayo Timori were def there.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Frank Lampard on 19:10 - Dec 11 with 1289 viewsSharkey

Frank Lampard on 18:54 - Dec 11 by MK1

Frank Lampard expects every one of his players to be as good as he was. See also Gerrard & Keane.

I used to (slightly) know a bloke called Niclas Kindvall, who played for Malmö FF when Franz Thijssen was manager. He was a very talented player, and the local press made a big deal of the fact that Franz often wouldn't pick him, even with the team struggling.

But when I talked to him once (while watching some game on tv in a pub), he said that he really liked Franz as a manager, - and the problem was that he was trying to get the players to do things that he (Thijssen) could do but most of the players simply couldn't. Kindvall was a modest and interesting bloke, but said the irony was that he was the only one in the squad who could actually see what Thijssen was getting at, and that Thijssen had explained there was no point playing him if the others couldn't see it.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 19:12]
Frank Lampard on 19:50 - Dec 11 with 1099 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Lampard on 18:59 - Dec 11 by Dubtractor

Didn't he get a load of top loanees from Chelsea at Derby? Having that level of load player would have helped!

Mason Mount and Fikayo Timori were def there.

With the backing he had there, a really good job at Derby would have seen him win the league. I am not sure if he even made the play offs did he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frank Lampard on 20:13 - Dec 11 with 1008 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Frank Lampard on 19:50 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

With the backing he had there, a really good job at Derby would have seen him win the league. I am not sure if he even made the play offs did he?

Yeah, got to the play off final that year. Lost to Villa.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Frank Lampard on 20:59 - Dec 11 with 856 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Lampard on 20:13 - Dec 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah, got to the play off final that year. Lost to Villa.

Not quite winning the league, though. Maybe just about par for being the best backed team in the league at the time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frank Lampard on 21:05 - Dec 11 with 827 viewsSimonds92

I think that is a stretch. Derby fans overall were delighted he left. He had one of the most expensive squads in the division and got them to the same level as all the other managers they sacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024