Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Chaplin - 45 11:15 - Oct 8 with 2951 viewsMiaow

Chaplin has now scored as many goals for Ipswich as Mick Lambert, Matt Holland and David McGoldrick, one ahead of Mick Stockwell and one behind 1970s David Johnson.

How many do we think he’ll get this season? It was nice to see that Chaplin and Broadhead are both moving towards the top of the Championship goalscoring charts - only five players have scored more.

(data taken from prideofanglia.com, though the not-always-trustworthy Wikipedia claims that Holland scored 46)

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 11:16 - Oct 8 with 2917 viewsHerbivore

Think both will score at least 15, wouldn't surprise me if one of them scores 20+.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 11:20 - Oct 8 with 2873 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

He could potentially break Murphys record of 60-something too if he stays at Ipswich.
Conor Chaplin - 45 on 11:31 - Oct 8 with 2817 viewsPendejo

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 11:20 - Oct 8 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He could potentially break Murphys record of 60-something too if he stays at Ipswich.

Could do that this season

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 11:40 - Oct 8 with 2761 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s all well and good, but how big are his forearms?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 15:35 - Oct 8 with 2456 viewsKropotkin123

They are both currently on course to score 21 league goals.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 17:36 - Oct 8 with 2257 viewsbournemouthblue

I suprised Holland scored that many, I know he played a lot of games but that's a fairly decent return really

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 18:34 - Oct 8 with 2125 viewsHerbivore

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 17:36 - Oct 8 by bournemouthblue

I suprised Holland scored that many, I know he played a lot of games but that's a fairly decent return really

Used to be worth about 10 a season from midfield, he had a good shot on him and was good at arriving late in the box to get on crosses as well. Proper all round midfield player.

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 18:53 - Oct 8 with 2071 viewsibbleobble

Cook described him as “an assassin in the box” and given his ability to find space, make half a yard for himself and shoot very well with both feet at any given half chance, he was bang on. His technique constantly surprises me.
Login to get fewer ads

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 19:02 - Oct 8 with 2043 viewsHerbivore

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 18:53 - Oct 8 by ibbleobble

Cook described him as “an assassin in the box” and given his ability to find space, make half a yard for himself and shoot very well with both feet at any given half chance, he was bang on. His technique constantly surprises me.

Shame that under Cook he was an assassin with no ammunition. He's thrived under McKenna.

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 19:20 - Oct 8 with 2006 viewsBigCommon

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 18:53 - Oct 8 by ibbleobble

From memory, Cook used to rotate Chaplin. He wasn't a nailed on starter in the first half of that demolition season. It used to annoy me loads. Because, aside from Chaplin's ability to finish, his work rate and ability to unsettle defences with his constantly annoying pressing, and high energy game, was clearly on show, imo.... Cook had a lot of new players to keep happy, and I thought , sometimes that got in the way of things a bit...
Conor Chaplin - 45 on 19:47 - Oct 8 with 1903 viewsbournemouthblue

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 18:34 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

Used to be worth about 10 a season from midfield, he had a good shot on him and was good at arriving late in the box to get on crosses as well. Proper all round midfield player.

He was a quality midfielder and I can certainly remember him smashing in a long ranger against Wolves I think it was, 38 in 300 games isn't quite 10 a season but certainly capable of a few goals each season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 20:55 - Oct 8 with 1770 viewsibbleobble

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 19:20 - Oct 8 by BigCommon

From memory, Cook used to rotate Chaplin. He wasn't a nailed on starter in the first half of that demolition season. It used to annoy me loads. Because, aside from Chaplin's ability to finish, his work rate and ability to unsettle defences with his constantly annoying pressing, and high energy game, was clearly on show, imo.... Cook had a lot of new players to keep happy, and I thought , sometimes that got in the way of things a bit...

No question about it. I think we all raised our eyebrows toward the end of that season when signings just kept coming. We’ll never really know who signed who or wanted who but the free for all has left an excellent legacy of talent. Cook wasn’t wrong about “gelling”, he was just wrong about how long it would take to do with such a big turnover and how long he’d get to see it come to fruition.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 21:09]
Conor Chaplin - 45 on 22:14 - Oct 8 with 1645 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Decent company to keep
Conor Chaplin - 45 on 22:41 - Oct 8 with 1591 viewsITFC_History

Said link from Pride of Anglia

Top Town scorers with 40+ goals

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=topScorers40Plus
Conor Chaplin - 45 on 05:45 - Oct 9 with 1437 viewsIPS_wich

Conor Chaplin - 45 on 22:41 - Oct 8 by ITFC_History

Said link from Pride of Anglia

Top Town scorers with 40+ goals

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=topScorers40Plus

Not much of a limb to go out on - but given his age and obvious love for the club - I predict Chaplin will comfortably finish in the Top 10 of all time Town goalscorers (he needs 29 to overtake Dozzell in 10th).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024