Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredible management from McKenna 09:01 - Oct 4 with 1887 viewsSomethingBlue

Honestly that decision to switch up the centre-backs and opt for Fridge as a chess piece is so bold, so brave, so clever and so rarely done. And what it says is that he must know everybody in the squad – the likes of Fridge/Harness – must be bought into all this to a quite exceptional degree. He doesn't make that call otherwise against a very good side and nor does he get performances like that. He's found yet another new way to impress me, what he's done there is the hallmark of a manager right at the top of his game. I suspect we are seeing one of the best in the business, anywhere, grow in front of our very eyes.

Also – the respect he gives you, me and everyone else in explaining the decision afterwards in the way he did. Few managers behave like that. So, so impressive.

Had to wait til the early hours to watch the game and everything else will have been said, so I won't go on. One of the great things is that Hull weren't even bad. Looking at the run until December now it's very hard not to get excited. I'm hyper cautious about this season and there will be bumps where we might not necessarily expect them but I have to say we are giving ourselves a chance ...
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 9:09]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:08 - Oct 4 with 1823 viewsle2blue

Bobby Robson would be proud.

He, and we, are going back to the top and I love it.
Incredible management from McKenna on 09:11 - Oct 4 with 1777 viewsWacko

True but let’s not forget we’ve conceded a lot of goals at home recently so I don’t think it’s too maverick to change it up

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:27 - Oct 4 with 1705 viewsSomethingBlue

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:11 - Oct 4 by Wacko

True but let’s not forget we’ve conceded a lot of goals at home recently so I don’t think it’s too maverick to change it up

A fair way of looking at it too. I tend to believe him when he centres on the tactical explanation though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:29 - Oct 4 with 1686 viewsBlueOura

“We thought some of their pressing angles would possibly open up some passes for him as well, for a right-footer"

The attention to detail is just incredible isn't it, especially when you consider the quick turnaround between games.

Is there a player in the sqaud who hasn't improved under KM? I don't think so, looking at Harness last night and the difference is incredible.

I keep telling myself not to go overboard and not to get too excited but it really feels like we are watching a genius in the making.
Incredible management from McKenna on 09:39 - Oct 4 with 1632 viewstractorboy1978

I posted on here a few weeks ago that I thought Harness and Edmundson were virtually done here - neither on the bench and seemed miles away from it. How wrong I was! McKenna has elevated the levels of performance of every member of this squad and he is getting every ounce out of it.

I suspect the answer is yes, but you wonder if he could replicate what he has done here somewhere else. Or certainly how easily he could replicate it. The stars really have aligned, he's managed to create a winning machine and you genuinely wonder what the ceiling is. I certainly think he must be aware he is onto something special here. It's not normal.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 9:40]
Incredible management from McKenna on 09:41 - Oct 4 with 1595 viewsKeno

Yes but as I have said before I think hes a but "meh" and still learning so obviously he needs times, 10 years or so before any 'bigger clubs' should look at him but which time we will be a bigger club anyway

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:47 - Oct 4 with 1523 viewsReuser_is_God

We are watching an absolute managerial masterclass unfold in front of us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:50 - Oct 4 with 1501 viewsGavTWTD

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:41 - Oct 4 by Keno

Yes but as I have said before I think hes a but "meh" and still learning so obviously he needs times, 10 years or so before any 'bigger clubs' should look at him but which time we will be a bigger club anyway

I genuinely thought he would need a stepping-stone club before he moved to a top 6 one. We could even be that club if he continues in this vein. Last night was so impressive, so enjoyable. I spent a good couple of hours this morning reading his presser, the highlights, the Ed Sheeran TownTV gatecrash, this forum and the Hull one. It's all so beautiful.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Incredible management from McKenna on 10:01 - Oct 4 with 1422 viewsartsbossbeard

"Hull weren't even bad"

This is the crux, they weren't yet we stopped them playing and dominated them with the press and desire to get the ball back. The game plan, the fitness, the concentration AND the buy-in from all involved is spot on. Long may it continue.

Oh, and those 2x 1st half goals * Chef's kiss *

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Incredible management from McKenna on 10:01 - Oct 4 with 1424 viewsportmanking

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:50 - Oct 4 by GavTWTD

I genuinely thought he would need a stepping-stone club before he moved to a top 6 one. We could even be that club if he continues in this vein. Last night was so impressive, so enjoyable. I spent a good couple of hours this morning reading his presser, the highlights, the Ed Sheeran TownTV gatecrash, this forum and the Hull one. It's all so beautiful.

We ARE the stepping-stone club.

I've seen reports this week saying Palace are eyeing him up. We've got so much more potential than them and McKenna has the freedom to imprint his entire DNA on the next chapter of our club - something he's not likely to have the luxury of at bottom half Prem clubs.

He knows he's onto something good here - and so do we. It's the perfect marriage and long may it continue until Man United come calling...
Incredible management from McKenna on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 1386 viewspointofblue

Admittedly, Edmundson did get lucky early on, when he did brilliantly to get ahead of Delap but then was tackled, with the ball falling to a fortunately stretching Connolly.

Hate that players are allowed to go over to the bench when someone is down injured. Swear there was nothing wrong with Connolly around the 20th minute mark, but it allowed Rosenior to get in the ears of their players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Incredible management from McKenna on 10:06 - Oct 4 with 1358 views_clive_baker_

Incredible management from McKenna on 10:01 - Oct 4 by portmanking

We ARE the stepping-stone club.

I've seen reports this week saying Palace are eyeing him up. We've got so much more potential than them and McKenna has the freedom to imprint his entire DNA on the next chapter of our club - something he's not likely to have the luxury of at bottom half Prem clubs.

He knows he's onto something good here - and so do we. It's the perfect marriage and long may it continue until Man United come calling...

Quite honestly if he gets us up to the Premier League and some how consolidates us there, I'm sure he would leave with everyone's blessings to a top club. Of course it would be brutal but to come in here for a few years, do what he's done to the squad and elevate us to the top tier would be remarkable. I wouldn't resent him at that point if the hot seat at United became a feasible option that he couldn't say no to. I would hope he went there and absolutely cooked like he's doing here.
Incredible management from McKenna on 10:16 - Oct 4 with 1262 viewsStewart27

Incredible management from McKenna on 09:39 - Oct 4 by tractorboy1978

I posted on here a few weeks ago that I thought Harness and Edmundson were virtually done here - neither on the bench and seemed miles away from it. How wrong I was! McKenna has elevated the levels of performance of every member of this squad and he is getting every ounce out of it.

I suspect the answer is yes, but you wonder if he could replicate what he has done here somewhere else. Or certainly how easily he could replicate it. The stars really have aligned, he's managed to create a winning machine and you genuinely wonder what the ceiling is. I certainly think he must be aware he is onto something special here. It's not normal.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 9:40]

It was a silly thing to post. Hopefully last night will show that all of these players are part of the plan.
Incredible management from McKenna on 10:17 - Oct 4 with 1254 viewsgainsboroughblue

Incredible management from McKenna on 10:06 - Oct 4 by _clive_baker_

Quite honestly if he gets us up to the Premier League and some how consolidates us there, I'm sure he would leave with everyone's blessings to a top club. Of course it would be brutal but to come in here for a few years, do what he's done to the squad and elevate us to the top tier would be remarkable. I wouldn't resent him at that point if the hot seat at United became a feasible option that he couldn't say no to. I would hope he went there and absolutely cooked like he's doing here.

Makes me feel a bit dirty saying this and I'm not one for second teams, but if he left for United, I think I would adopt them. His impact on me in terms of properly re-igniting my love big time for ITFC, is something I will be grateful for until my dying day.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024