Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? 12:36 - Aug 27 with 1628 viewswhymark4lazio0

I thought he was out MOTM yesterday and that he kept us going after we went 3-1 down. Surprised to see others saying he had a poor game and that he lost battle with Ampadu. It would be interesting to see some stats such as passes blocks interceptions tackles etc. and compare to Ampadu's

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 21:41 - Aug 27 with 1497 viewsRiposare2

He's been the best player on the pitch every game before Leeds, his ball retention wasn't at his usual excellent level yesterday but still a key player for us on the day. Think we were outmatched by Leeds in midfield at times, Ampadu and Grey are quality

Wonder if McKenna will consider a proper midfield 3 with Taylor against the better sides in the league going forward
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 22:01 - Aug 27 with 1476 viewsthe_toff

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 21:41 - Aug 27 by Riposare2

He's been the best player on the pitch every game before Leeds, his ball retention wasn't at his usual excellent level yesterday but still a key player for us on the day. Think we were outmatched by Leeds in midfield at times, Ampadu and Grey are quality

Wonder if McKenna will consider a proper midfield 3 with Taylor against the better sides in the league going forward

I thought Taylor did well when he came on. Morsy was excellent too.

We won’t play sides with as much quality as Leeds posses, certainly beyond them and Leicester there’s nobody with that sort of strength in my opinion. Play like that and we’ll be just fine.
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 23:39 - Aug 27 with 1405 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 21:41 - Aug 27 by Riposare2

Depends imo if you're open to players being critiqued.

His overall defensive midfielder role has been solid bar his part in the first goal being conceded.. he's one of a few who should have done better.
But he looks like a lost sheep when be gets in the final third. Lost count the number of times he turned full circle yesterday when he got anywhere near the box.

I think we will see taylor more with morsy soon. Allowing morsy to concentrate in his role and Taylor being more direct.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 00:24 - Aug 28 with 1373 viewsRiposare2

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 23:39 - Aug 27 by FrimleyBlue

His overall defensive midfielder role has been solid bar his part in the first goal being conceded.. he's one of a few who should have done better.
But he looks like a lost sheep when be gets in the final third. Lost count the number of times he turned full circle yesterday when he got anywhere near the box.

I think we will see taylor more with morsy soon. Allowing morsy to concentrate in his role and Taylor being more direct.

Definitely agree. McKenna moving Morsy into a more box to box role worked wonders in L1, but ultimately he's not a final third player at this level, let him focus on his strengths in the middle of the park.

Would like to see a hybrid 8/10 playmaker type in to really make us tick in the final third, hopefully this Taylor can bring that to the team
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 09:02 - Aug 28 with 1250 viewsSheffordBlue

I find the best match stats are on FBRefs' match reports:

Tackles - joint 1st on 4 with Burns and (this surprised me) Wililams. Ampadu on 5.
Pass Completion rate third of the starters with 87.5% after Hladky and Woolfenden. Considering where he plays on the pitch that's impressive.Ampadu on 78.4%

Neither Morsy nor Ampadu made any interceptions. Ampadu had 2 blocks to Morsy's 1. Morsy had 1 shot to Ampadu's 0.

https://fbref.com/en/matches/12ec9f85/Ipswich-Town-Leeds-United-August-26-2023-C

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:01 - Aug 28 with 1178 viewswhymark4lazio0

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 09:02 - Aug 28 by SheffordBlue

I find the best match stats are on FBRefs' match reports:

Tackles - joint 1st on 4 with Burns and (this surprised me) Wililams. Ampadu on 5.
Pass Completion rate third of the starters with 87.5% after Hladky and Woolfenden. Considering where he plays on the pitch that's impressive.Ampadu on 78.4%

Neither Morsy nor Ampadu made any interceptions. Ampadu had 2 blocks to Morsy's 1. Morsy had 1 shot to Ampadu's 0.

https://fbref.com/en/matches/12ec9f85/Ipswich-Town-Leeds-United-August-26-2023-C

Thanks. very helpful. Confirms what I thought.

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:19 - Aug 28 with 1162 viewswhymark4lazio0

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 23:39 - Aug 27 by FrimleyBlue

When he turns full circle it's because there's not a solid option for him to make a progressive pass. Turning circle gives a different angle and the chance for his teammates to move to give him a good passing option. He's very effective when he does this. Against Leeds his stats were excellent, e.g. passing accuracy 87.5%.

Morsy is a ball winner and carrier. He does both well. He's also unusal for a CM with great defensive qualities in that he very rarely passes backwards or sideways, he nearly always moves the team up the pitch. I don't think he's a great creator in the final third, his job is to get to the final third, where Davis, Burns, Broadhead and Chaplin should provide the creativity and assists (and they usually do).

Against Leeds the problem was not with possession (we dominated) or creativity (over 20 shots, many chances, 3 goals) but defensive mistakes. Morsy was possibly partially to blame for the first goal (along with Wolfie & Burgess) but other than that he had an excellent game.

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:31 - Aug 28 with 1148 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This is another instance where watching on TV doesn't give you the full picture.

He's not turning full circle because he's a lost sheep, it's because he can't see good options to pass to. I shouted several times "Somebody move for him".
When you can see the full picture/pitch you can see there wasn't enough movement sometimes.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:35 - Aug 28 with 1139 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:01 - Aug 28 by whymark4lazio0

Thanks. very helpful. Confirms what I thought.

Interesting stats on the 'take ons'.

19 take on attempted by the Leeds forwards with success with 7 of them across the 3 forwards.

Only 9 attempts for us..and 6 of those were broadhead alone who succeeded 3 times. The other 3 attempts.. burns with 0 success rate.

Harry clarke was our best with 5 attempts. 3 succeeded.

Interesting style differences with this.
Leeds overall had 30 take on attempts. Town 19

Waka waka eh eh

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:39 - Aug 28 with 1133 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:31 - Aug 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is another instance where watching on TV doesn't give you the full picture.

He's not turning full circle because he's a lost sheep, it's because he can't see good options to pass to. I shouted several times "Somebody move for him".
When you can see the full picture/pitch you can see there wasn't enough movement sometimes.

Not quite flash no.

In view. Despite it being on the screen I could see very clearly Davis and broadhead free. On occasions luongo was close by too. Jackson also pointing into gaps for morsy to try a through ball but no interest in attempting it.. that's fine thats not his game. But it was annoying.

I know you think you literally see nothing at all on the screen but it's not true. You don't see everything. But you can still see certain things. Hence I've only commented on things I saw personally.

Waka waka eh eh

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:39 - Aug 28 with 1137 viewsmrfixit426

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:31 - Aug 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Totally agree with this.

Alex Jones gave him a 5/10 player rating in the EADT which was absolutely not representative of the game I watched. I thought he was our best player on Saturday by quite a distance.

The EADT player ratings have been all over the place this season actually.
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:42 - Aug 28 with 1125 viewsthe_toff

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:35 - Aug 28 by FrimleyBlue

Interesting stats on the 'take ons'.

19 take on attempted by the Leeds forwards with success with 7 of them across the 3 forwards.

Only 9 attempts for us..and 6 of those were broadhead alone who succeeded 3 times. The other 3 attempts.. burns with 0 success rate.

Harry clarke was our best with 5 attempts. 3 succeeded.

Interesting style differences with this.
Leeds overall had 30 take on attempts. Town 19

One of those from Clarke started the move for our opener.
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 13:42 - Aug 28 with 1012 viewsolimar

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:39 - Aug 28 by mrfixit426

Totally agree with this.

Alex Jones gave him a 5/10 player rating in the EADT which was absolutely not representative of the game I watched. I thought he was our best player on Saturday by quite a distance.

The EADT player ratings have been all over the place this season actually.

I thought this too- was really surprised at the low score in the EADT. Felt similar about Burns, who they gave MOTM too, but I thought he was really wasteful with his final ball yesterday, particularly in the first half. Also thought that he gave Clarke very little cover, despite it being evident that he was struggling to cope with Sinistierra.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 13:42]
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 13:50 - Aug 28 with 982 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 12:39 - Aug 28 by FrimleyBlue

Not quite flash no.

In view. Despite it being on the screen I could see very clearly Davis and broadhead free. On occasions luongo was close by too. Jackson also pointing into gaps for morsy to try a through ball but no interest in attempting it.. that's fine thats not his game. But it was annoying.

I know you think you literally see nothing at all on the screen but it's not true. You don't see everything. But you can still see certain things. Hence I've only commented on things I saw personally.

We could all pick out a few individual examples to suit our argument - he's certainly not perfect, who is? But I stand by my comment and as I said I was literally shouting for people to move for him. Pointing where you want it isn't always the best option either and he may well see a marker who Jackson (or whoever) hasn't seen.

I don't think you literally see nothing at all on the screen, you're making a straw man there. As I said, you don't see the full picture. You only see what the cameraman sees.

I take umbrage with your comment that Morsy is like a lost sheep when he goes forward. It's just not true.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 946 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 13:50 - Aug 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

We could all pick out a few individual examples to suit our argument - he's certainly not perfect, who is? But I stand by my comment and as I said I was literally shouting for people to move for him. Pointing where you want it isn't always the best option either and he may well see a marker who Jackson (or whoever) hasn't seen.

I don't think you literally see nothing at all on the screen, you're making a straw man there. As I said, you don't see the full picture. You only see what the cameraman sees.

I take umbrage with your comment that Morsy is like a lost sheep when he goes forward. It's just not true.

Yeah, lost sheep is a nonsense statement. Infact in the last home game v Stoke he played 2 through balls to Hirst because the option was on. One Hirst took it on and got a shot away and the other was cut out by a last ditch tackle otherwise he was clean through on goal

He's not a playmaker but can definitely pick a pass if its on.
Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 15:39 - Aug 28 with 897 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anybody got Morsy's individual stats for yesterday's match? on 14:26 - Aug 28 by burnbudgiesburn

Yeah, lost sheep is a nonsense statement. Infact in the last home game v Stoke he played 2 through balls to Hirst because the option was on. One Hirst took it on and got a shot away and the other was cut out by a last ditch tackle otherwise he was clean through on goal

He's not a playmaker but can definitely pick a pass if its on.

I thought we were talking about Saturdays game?

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024