Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"More good than bad". I think that just about sums it up 20:21 - Aug 26 with 284 viewsDubtractor

That was a hugely entertaining game, and we looked almost excellent going forwards, I say almost as we wasted quite a lot of decent attacking positions, but we look so dangerous with almost every attack. We look like scoring a lot of goals again this season, against teams that don't just park the bus like the last 2 seasons. Burns in particular is going to get a lot more opportunity to turn the pace on.

Can't ignore that we looked all at sea defensively for the first 20 minutes or so, and Hladky showed why he'll never be more than back up here with goals 2 and 3. He's not let us down in the previous 3 games, but that first half today can't be repeated too often. Too often we allowed Leeds to very easily get lots of space in one on one situations, and with their quality they punished us.

I thought Jackson was excellent running behind plus his press is incredible, and 2 assists is not to be sniffed at either, but we really missed Hirst as a focal point for our play. Morsy and Luongo continue to impress as a pair, but we're going to have both on suspensions more than once due to 'tactical' fouling - odd playing teams that mean we need to do that after the league one adventure. I hope that Taylor is getting rapidly up to speed with our game! Thought he played well off the bench.

But overall, if we play like that most weeks we'll put ourselves in with a shout of the playoffs. Add some extra quality to the squad at CB and CF this week and we'll be in for a good season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024