Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final 09:31 - Aug 18 with 4530 viewsblueasfook

Have to say that's a bit of a poor show. If it was the men's final you can bet your bottom dollar they'd be there.

Especially a poor show from William who is president of the FA. Are they actually serious about promoting the women's game? I wonder how those ladies will be feeling having made the final, and then finding out the president of the FA cant be arsed to come.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 9:32]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 09:37 - Aug 18 with 3174 viewsKeno

Maybe they should send Andrew, but then just leave him there

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 3174 viewsPowrigan

With William being an eco nut, would it not be hypocritical of him to fly all that way to spend a few hours in a stadium?
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:03 - Aug 18 with 3085 viewsStokieBlue

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 09:38 - Aug 18 by Powrigan

With William being an eco nut, would it not be hypocritical of him to fly all that way to spend a few hours in a stadium?

That's not a concern for Sunak though, he flies to the local shop.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:05 - Aug 18 with 3076 viewsbrazil1982

No doubt William's diary is full, you can't just pop over to Oz.
Imagine the outcry on here if Sunak went.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:06 - Aug 18 with 3056 viewsKeno

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:05 - Aug 18 by brazil1982

He probably has got a bad enough criminal record to get in to Oz, this takes us back to sending Ponce Andrew

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:10 - Aug 18 with 3038 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:05 - Aug 18 by brazil1982

Indeed. I've no love for Sunak/the Tories, but he'd be damned if you do/damned if you don't.

In fact the fall out would be far worse if he jetted off to Oz to watch a football match during a cost of living crisis.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:13 - Aug 18 with 3025 viewsblueasfook

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 09:37 - Aug 18 by Keno

Maybe they should send Andrew, but then just leave him there

Would he be able to behave himself around all those ladies. He'd be like a dog with 2 dicks. He'd be all touchy feely and gropey.

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:15 - Aug 18 with 3003 viewsPowrigan

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:03 - Aug 18 by StokieBlue

That's not a concern for Sunak though, he flies to the local shop.

SB

That’s why I only said William 🙂
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 10:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:21 - Aug 18 with 2976 viewsKeno

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 10:13 - Aug 18 by blueasfook

Would he be able to behave himself around all those ladies. He'd be like a dog with 2 dicks. He'd be all touchy feely and gropey.

are they a bit old for him tho?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:02 - Aug 18 with 2789 viewsjontysnut

I hope William doesn't get too excited when the commentator says the game is at level pegging.

Sunak wil be photographed in his hoody, ankle swinger strides and trainers trying to look interested in football.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:36 - Aug 18 with 2714 viewsJ2BLUE

I feel like one of them should go, or at least send a high level representative.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:45 - Aug 18 with 2688 viewsblueasfook

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:36 - Aug 18 by J2BLUE

I feel like one of them should go, or at least send a high level representative.

Agree. I think there will be backlash if one/both of them dont show up. I'd be wanting William to step down if he cant fulfil his obligations as President (if i cared enough to be angry about it).

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:48 - Aug 18 with 2675 viewscatch74

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:36 - Aug 18 by J2BLUE

Big win for Starmer if he’s suddenly spotted there.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:48 - Aug 18 with 2674 viewsmutters

Not sure I agree with this.

If Sunak was to go there would be accusations of glory hunting and band wagon jumping. Also the cost of flying to the other side of the world (including emissions etc) makes it fairly impractical.

You could argue that Prince William should be there due to his role with the FA. Still a long jaunt for an unforeseen event when his calendar is already probably pretty full.

I don't think the ladies will care either way. They hopefully know that there is strong support from the nation

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:49 - Aug 18 with 2674 viewswischip

Could we not ask Dame Helen Mirren or Dame Judi Dench to go instead? It's almost like the Queen or M attending.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:52 - Aug 18 with 2658 viewsJ2BLUE

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:48 - Aug 18 by catch74

Big win for Starmer if he’s suddenly spotted there.

I don't know. Does Starmer like football? At least Sunak is a proper football fan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:55 - Aug 18 with 2646 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You cannot be serious. The women's game is being promoted left, right and centre and the FA is playing a huge part in that. So yes they are obviously very serious and the team is about to win another major tournament thanks largely to the FA investing so heavily in the game.

Who cares who goes (I doubt it's even crossed the minds of the ladies team)? Why does it matter?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 13:56]
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:58 - Aug 18 with 2641 viewsblueasfook

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:55 - Aug 18 by PrideOfTheEast

You cannot be serious. The women's game is being promoted left, right and centre and the FA is playing a huge part in that. So yes they are obviously very serious and the team is about to win another major tournament thanks largely to the FA investing so heavily in the game.

Who cares who goes (I doubt it's even crossed the minds of the ladies team)? Why does it matter?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 13:56]

So you don't think the President of the FA should be there at a World Cup Final? As i said in my OP, you can guarantee he'd be there if it was the Men's WC.

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 14:15 - Aug 18 with 2570 viewsBlueschev

It's a tough one for Sunak. On the one hand support of women's football doesn't really fit in with his party's "war on woke", but then nor does not flying due to "so called" climate change concerns. It's hard to know what's best for him to do. Probably just say stop the boats a few times.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 15:11 - Aug 18 with 2489 viewsKeno

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:52 - Aug 18 by J2BLUE

I don't know. Does Starmer like football? At least Sunak is a proper football fan.

when you say " At least Sunak is a proper football fan" doesn't he support Southampton?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 15:29 - Aug 18 with 2444 viewsClutch

It is a bit rubbish, I wouldn't fly all that way.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 15:47 - Aug 18 with 2402 viewsHARRY10

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 15:29 - Aug 18 by Clutch

It is a bit rubbish, I wouldn't fly all that way.

I don't think his personal jet plane, Airfix One, will reach that far.

And there is a fair bit of hysteria around this match.

For most people it is not a majorly important event, nor even of any interest.

For these who it is then good luck. But a bit of perspective is needed here.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 15:59 - Aug 18 with 2380 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 14:15 - Aug 18 by Blueschev

It's a tough one for Sunak. On the one hand support of women's football doesn't really fit in with his party's "war on woke", but then nor does not flying due to "so called" climate change concerns. It's hard to know what's best for him to do. Probably just say stop the boats a few times.

Maybe he should just ask Starmer what he would do?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 16:31 - Aug 18 with 2310 viewsBlueschev

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 15:59 - Aug 18 by JammyDodgerrr

Maybe he should just ask Starmer what he would do?

Starmer would attack Sunak for not attending, whilst not attending himself. Citing "iron fiscal discipline" for his absence, or something.
Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 16:34 - Aug 18 with 2294 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Prince William or Rishi Sunak wont go to the WWC final on 13:48 - Aug 18 by mutters

Not sure I agree with this.

If Sunak was to go there would be accusations of glory hunting and band wagon jumping. Also the cost of flying to the other side of the world (including emissions etc) makes it fairly impractical.

You could argue that Prince William should be there due to his role with the FA. Still a long jaunt for an unforeseen event when his calendar is already probably pretty full.

I don't think the ladies will care either way. They hopefully know that there is strong support from the nation

Going to the other side of the world for a football match because of emissions is now impractical? This is the new language that’s going to get thrown around aplenty isn’t it. I’m sure it would be many people’s dream to limit who can fly where and when, you can see the taste for it already after lockdowns.

Makes me laugh that the likes of Gary Lineker never shuts up about it when he is on a 7 figure salary from an industry that has one of the biggest carbon footprints in the world.

By 2050 aviation will contribute to 0.1C of warming, if aviation was a country it wouldn’t even be in the top 5 in terms of emission. Technology improving all the time as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024