Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got to hand it to Tim Martin, he is some sort of genius 11:44 - Jul 12 with 1066 viewsGeoffSentence

Encourages the country to commit an act of economic self-harm and then cashes in as everyone moves down market as a result of that act of self-harm

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/12/wetherspoons-sales-jump-cheaper

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Got to hand it to Tim Martin, he is some sort of genius on 12:24 - Jul 12 with 895 viewsBlueNomad

I will never praise him for anything..................
Got to hand it to Tim Martin, he is some sort of genius on 15:04 - Jul 12 with 740 viewsLord_Lucan

What does this actually mean?

Wetherspoon’s, which runs just under 830 pubs across the UK and Ireland

Why couldn’t they have said the actual number. It would actually take less effort.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Got to hand it to Tim Martin, he is some sort of genius on 15:06 - Jul 12 with 726 viewsHerbivore

The only scenario where I'd even consider drinking in a Wetherspoons would be at the airport where there is literally no other option. Awful places run by an awful human.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Got to hand it to Tim Martin, he is some sort of genius on 15:15 - Jul 12 with 662 viewsLord_Lucan

Got to hand it to Tim Martin, he is some sort of genius on 15:06 - Jul 12 by Herbivore

The only scenario where I'd even consider drinking in a Wetherspoons would be at the airport where there is literally no other option. Awful places run by an awful human.

Must admit I am no lover of Wetherspoons.

I don’t know Tim so I can’t really comment on him.

One thing I will say about Whetherspoon is that they offer a professional service, much like the much maligned McDonald’s.

If they say they will open until 12 they will do just that and if they say they will serve food until 11 they will do it - regardless of how few people are in there, they won’t close early because they are empty or can’t be arsed.

I’m in Cannock quite a bit and the place is a ghost town. I have on occasion and in desperate times popped in for a steak or mixed grill with a glass of wine for around a tenner. Food isn’t as bad as other similar type chains.

As I say, I’m not that keen and if you are going to sell a pint for £2 you will attract idiots.

However, it is a very well run business.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024