Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that we do well at on TWTD 12:47 - Apr 10 with 871 viewsChorleyBoy

1) Flounce about impending doom when we're on a record club run of victories.
2) Flounce about the minority of people on the forum who flounce about impending doom.
3) Flounce about the small group of people who flounce about the minority of people on the forum who flounce about impending doom.
4) Admonish posters who say "We're going to win the league" while incessantly stating "we WILL drop points before the end of the season." Neither of which are certain.
5) Admonish posters who talk about setting new club or league records and warn of the complacency that it could lead to while spouting the mantra "One.Match.At.A.Time."
6) Make posts which are unnecessarily long to make a point that could have been made in about 3 sentences. (credit to Bluesym)

Ask yourself, if you were a player, would you prefer to play in front of 26k optimistic fans singing their hearts out or in front of a similar crowd not getting particularly excited because, who knows, it might lead to disappointment?

Come on peeps, dream a little, it's infectious and it's actually very healthy for you.

If you're the type that fears failure so much that you limit its pain by not get excited, then there's always window cleaning or ironing to keep your heart rate down.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 14:20]
Things that we do well at on TWTD on 12:50 - Apr 10 with 834 viewsJ2BLUE

People are just used to being burnt.

I do agree though. We should all be enjoying this season.

One more thing to ad to your list is the recent trend of gatekeeping who is allowed to enjoy it and bringing up old posts to attack people. All very odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:10 - Apr 10 with 770 viewsIllinoisblue

You are point 2

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:14 - Apr 10 with 750 viewsbluesym

6) make posts which are unnecessarily long,to make a point that could have been made in about 3 sentences.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:27 - Apr 10 with 703 viewsWhos_blue

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:10 - Apr 10 by Illinoisblue

You are point 2

"That's you that is"!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:34 - Apr 10 with 673 viewsChorleyBoy

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:10 - Apr 10 by Illinoisblue

You are point 2

Nope, this thread was inspired by me being point 3.
Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:37 - Apr 10 with 653 viewsChorleyBoy

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:14 - Apr 10 by bluesym

6) make posts which are unnecessarily long,to make a point that could have been made in about 3 sentences.

Agree. But I'm a long-winded old git that likes writing lists so forgive my moment of self-satisfaction.
Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:41 - Apr 10 with 631 viewsTheBoyBlue

Don't mistake saying points being dropped as being negative. I'm as delighted by the quality of play and results as anyone and if we don't drop points between now and then I wouldn't care a jot about being wrong. I'll be too busy dancing on the Cornhill!

For what its worth, I love the mixture of attitudes on here. It makes it interesting. You can engage with what you want and ignore the rest of you wish.

COYBs!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:47 - Apr 10 with 608 viewsAlberto_the_frog

The 'one game at a time' concept is for the players, who have to 'trust the process'. We fans can get as excited as we like. I'm looking forward to McKenna getting excited for once if and when we do actually get promoted. Even Sir Alf might have allowed the players to undo their top buttons and loosen their ties. I'm now going to leave myself open to those in group 5 - win our next 2 and we'll equal our record points haul ever.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 14:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 14:17 - Apr 10 with 498 viewsChorleyBoy

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:41 - Apr 10 by TheBoyBlue

Don't mistake saying points being dropped as being negative. I'm as delighted by the quality of play and results as anyone and if we don't drop points between now and then I wouldn't care a jot about being wrong. I'll be too busy dancing on the Cornhill!

For what its worth, I love the mixture of attitudes on here. It makes it interesting. You can engage with what you want and ignore the rest of you wish.

COYBs!

"For what its worth, I love the mixture of attitudes on here. It makes it interesting."

Me too. That's why my thread was entitled "Things we do well at TWTD"

My post wasn't a criticism of anyone, merely an observation. I'm not a divisive person - what's the point, we're all Town fans. If we can't get along when we're winning, we never will.

My thread was just about upping the self-awareness of people on here - we really do need to be revelling in these moments not moderating our enthusiasm for fear of failure - doing that will more likely bring on disappointment than stave it off.
Things that we do well at on TWTD on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 451 viewsKeno

J, we are good at lists

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 16:07 - Apr 10 with 378 viewsKropotkin123

Things that we do well at on TWTD on 13:34 - Apr 10 by ChorleyBoy

Nope, this thread was inspired by me being point 3.

Urgh, not another flounce about people flouncing about people flouncing about people flouncing.

Yeah, I had you down as 3.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024