Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich 07:54 - Apr 10 with 1205 viewsSheffordBlue

About 7 minutes on the latest accounts and how the owners will hope to turn a profit. Nothing particularly revealing but Kieran McGuire is always worth a listen on this stuff. Includes a nostalgic reference to the Drum and Monkey.

From about 40 minutes in for the Ipswich content:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6AnHxIgFKHYvWbdwzD07pY?si=cbbfaf7b9426482b

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:15 - Apr 10 with 1120 viewsportmanking

They seem to think ORG are in it for much shorter than the club's figureheads have intimated IMO.

Maguire's talking about it as though they'd flip the club in the next 12-18 months. I still think these guys are in it for at least another 5 years.
Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:21 - Apr 10 with 1086 viewsSheffordBlue

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:15 - Apr 10 by portmanking

They seem to think ORG are in it for much shorter than the club's figureheads have intimated IMO.

Maguire's talking about it as though they'd flip the club in the next 12-18 months. I still think these guys are in it for at least another 5 years.

The big investment in infrastructure, etc suggests that but I guess that would also increase the valuation of the club.

I guess some of it will come down to how the rest of their investment portfolio is doing and what they predict the future value of the club to be at different times.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:42 - Apr 10 with 1004 viewsportmanking

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:21 - Apr 10 by SheffordBlue

The big investment in infrastructure, etc suggests that but I guess that would also increase the valuation of the club.

I guess some of it will come down to how the rest of their investment portfolio is doing and what they predict the future value of the club to be at different times.

I don't feel like Ashton would be disingenuous and talk about projects like rebuilding the Cobbold Stand if the ownership group weren't in it for the long haul.

Even if it takes them 10 years to get a solid ROI from a sale would probably be a fair timescale for an investment group.
Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:51 - Apr 10 with 941 viewsGuthrum

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:15 - Apr 10 by portmanking

Thing to remember is that ORG are an investor, not the Owner. There is nothing to stop Gamechanger raising funds from elsewhere if the pension fund managers do decide to sell out. Indeed they would have to for ORG to get their money out, should we not be in the Prem by then, as I doubt the sale of a Champ club would raise enough.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 09:01 - Apr 10 with 894 viewsbournemouthblue

I'd have thought the best value for investment is take us from League One to the Premier League and that's going to take some time

I doubt there's a fixed time on this, it takes as long as it takes

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 09:01 - Apr 10 with 892 viewstractorboy1978

Price of Football Podcast on how ORG turn a profit on Ipswich on 08:51 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

Thing to remember is that ORG are an investor, not the Owner. There is nothing to stop Gamechanger raising funds from elsewhere if the pension fund managers do decide to sell out. Indeed they would have to for ORG to get their money out, should we not be in the Prem by then, as I doubt the sale of a Champ club would raise enough.

Exactly what I was going to post. ORG could divest a %/all of their investment to another investor at any point. Having well connected people that are able to source new money is one of the things that excites me most!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024