Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training 17:33 - Mar 29 with 929 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65110030

When even that Grade A nutjob thinks there's a problem...

Are we the species which wasn't wise enough to handle the tools which it was clever enough to create? Is that an inevitability? Who wrote this?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 17:36 - Mar 29 with 906 viewsBlueBadger

Elon mostly only objects to having them at his companies because they won't laugh at his jokes though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 17:49 - Mar 29 with 868 viewsDanTheMan

It's probably worth mentioning that Musk had a big falling out with OpenAI because they didn't want him running the company. As such he is probably fairly biased about their subsequent success.

The other names, such as Yoshua Bengio, are much more credible.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 17:54 - Mar 29 with 850 viewsBlueBadger

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 17:49 - Mar 29 by DanTheMan

It's probably worth mentioning that Musk had a big falling out with OpenAI because they didn't want him running the company. As such he is probably fairly biased about their subsequent success.

The other names, such as Yoshua Bengio, are much more credible.

I was only joking...

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training by BlueBadger 29 Mar 2023 17:36
Elon mostly only objects to having them at his companies because they won't laugh at his jokes though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 18:33 - Mar 29 with 788 viewsIllinoisblue

What is Musk an expert in?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 18:34 - Mar 29 with 775 viewsBlueBadger

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 18:33 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

Turning $40bn companies into $20bn ones?

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 19:11 - Mar 29 with 735 viewsdavblue

“your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

Feels very apt.
Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 19:21 - Mar 29 with 718 viewsNthQldITFC

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 19:11 - Mar 29 by davblue

“your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

Feels very apt.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose only with bigger and bigger risks until... BANG! - bye-bye.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 21:40 - Mar 30 with 551 viewsibbleobble

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 18:33 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

Being an entrepreneur would be my guess
Login to get fewer ads

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 21:59 - Mar 30 with 521 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If AI is run on Windows I don’t think we need to worry… first sign of any threat it’ll just crash.
Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 22:02 - Mar 30 with 517 viewsstonojnr

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training on 18:34 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Turning $40bn companies into $20bn ones?

which is still probably 10bn more than it was really worth in the first place.

plus he makes reusable rockets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024