Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucky to get a point 17:06 - Feb 4 with 898 viewsTalkingBlues

that first half was just embarrassing, the worst football I've seen us play in several seasons, absolute dross, should have been 0-2 down, could have easily been 0-3 or 0-4. Literally, you could see Cambridge start off with a plan to stop the expected onslaught, but after 15 minutes, they realised we were sh1t and decided to play a bit of football, played us off the park.

If Woolf and Burgess aren't injured, then the manager has a lot of explaining to do on how exactly they don't make the squad, Keogh is absolute DOGSH1T and a liability to all the players around him, absolutely mental that he starts a league game given the CB's we have available in the squad.

Second half better, in terms of activity certainly, but still no end product at all from those who are meant to be delivering balls in the box for the forwards.

Poor, poor, poor display, again, against the worst team in the division over the last 5 and the last 10 games.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Lucky to get a point on 17:11 - Feb 4 with 855 viewsDeano69

Really can’t understand why Keogh makes the side. Poor defending, no pace and walks out with the ball like he is walking the dog on a Sunday. Edmundson seems a shade of his best.

Really disappointed to drop two points against a team with very little confidence or quality. No wins in twelve or something like that.

Lots of possession and huffing and puffing but as happens frequently the opposition have one strike and a goal.

Hugely frustrating season.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Lucky to get a point on 17:14 - Feb 4 with 827 viewsTalkingBlues

Lucky to get a point on 17:11 - Feb 4 by Deano69

Really can’t understand why Keogh makes the side. Poor defending, no pace and walks out with the ball like he is walking the dog on a Sunday. Edmundson seems a shade of his best.

Really disappointed to drop two points against a team with very little confidence or quality. No wins in twelve or something like that.

Lots of possession and huffing and puffing but as happens frequently the opposition have one strike and a goal.

Hugely frustrating season.

Yep, when I saw the team my heart sank, it's inconceivable to me that he starts a game for us, I was expecting him to be moved out of the squad completely at the end of January, but now he's a starter, fooking mental.

As you say, the rest of the team are running around like headless chickens with a handful of minutes left on the clock, but he gets the ball and just walks around with it from side to side like we're protecting a 1 goal lead, wtf?

*Edit - Edmundson was immense last game and abysmal today, I honestly don't know how to explain it.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:15]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Lucky to get a point on 17:28 - Feb 4 with 763 viewspointofblue

Lucky to get a point on 17:14 - Feb 4 by TalkingBlues

Yep, when I saw the team my heart sank, it's inconceivable to me that he starts a game for us, I was expecting him to be moved out of the squad completely at the end of January, but now he's a starter, fooking mental.

As you say, the rest of the team are running around like headless chickens with a handful of minutes left on the clock, but he gets the ball and just walks around with it from side to side like we're protecting a 1 goal lead, wtf?

*Edit - Edmundson was immense last game and abysmal today, I honestly don't know how to explain it.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:15]

I understand where McKenna is coming from with the centre back positions. A Clarke-Woolfenden-Edmundson-Davis back four is pretty inexperienced, so he wanted someone with a but more knowledge in there. Burgess has been the most out of form of the four centre backs available and Donacien has not looked at his best, so those two being left out makes sense. This almost leaves, by default, a back four of Clarke - Keogh - Edmundson - Davis.

Part of me wonders whether we may try Donacien - Woolfenden - Edmundson - Davis next week, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lucky to get a point on 17:31 - Feb 4 with 729 viewsDubtractor

FFS. Stop exaggerating all the time.

Yes, it was rubbish, but there was literally no scenario where we could have been 3 or 4 down.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lucky to get a point on 17:32 - Feb 4 with 707 viewsTalkingBlues

Lucky to get a point on 17:31 - Feb 4 by Dubtractor

Yes, it was rubbish, but there was literally no scenario where we could have been 3 or 4 down.

We should have been 2-0 down with the penner and they had 2 other gilt edged chances they fooked up within the same 5 minute spell, sometimes I have to wonder what game people are watching.

Lucky to get a point on 19:33 - Feb 4 with 559 viewsHerbivore

Lucky to get a point on 17:31 - Feb 4 by Dubtractor

Indeed. TalkingBlues is talking balls. They scored from their first effort at goal from 25 yards and missed a pen and that was the sum total of their attacking efforts. We could have been 4-0 down at half time in the same way we could have been 4-1 up at half time, if a lot of things that actually happened were instead replaced with pure fantasy.

We were terrible today though, but even being terrible we probably should have ground out a win. That we didn't is why we'll likely finish behind Sheff Wed and Plymouth.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lucky to get a point on 19:39 - Feb 4 with 531 viewsPique

Lucky to get a point on 19:33 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

Indeed. TalkingBlues is talking balls. They scored from their first effort at goal from 25 yards and missed a pen and that was the sum total of their attacking efforts. We could have been 4-0 down at half time in the same way we could have been 4-1 up at half time, if a lot of things that actually happened were instead replaced with pure fantasy.

We were terrible today though, but even being terrible we probably should have ground out a win. That we didn't is why we'll likely finish behind Sheff Wed and Plymouth.

Absolutely spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024