Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This leadership race. 09:47 - Oct 23 with 712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Do they have to officially declare an interest to run or is there the possibility of scores of declarations being wasted? Maybe that's part of the route to a Sunak coronation! Is Mordaunt still the only one to have said she wants the gig?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 10:50]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This leadership race. on 10:19 - Oct 23 with 657 viewsWeWereZombies

They just have to promise to pay the right person the right amount of money, I think....

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

This leadership race. on 11:21 - Oct 23 with 614 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunak now official.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This leadership race. on 18:06 - Oct 23 with 519 viewsHARRY10

About an hour ago we had

" the number of publicly declared supporters for Johnson, who has 56 backers. Penny Mordaunt, the third candidate, has about 25 supporters."

I'm not sure if that is the complete total for each, as it isn't certain whether each of the supporters has to be announced

However I would expect it would be as with a lobby vote, and declared after the nominations close, 2pm Mon.

if the above numbers are fairly accurate it would mean the bloater and his gang have lied yet again

"Bunter hits the ton" was the word Sat morning

Otherwise heres the running order -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/22/tory-leadership-race-what-happe
This leadership race. on 18:19 - Oct 23 with 499 viewsBlueBoots

This leadership race. on 18:06 - Oct 23 by HARRY10

About an hour ago we had

" the number of publicly declared supporters for Johnson, who has 56 backers. Penny Mordaunt, the third candidate, has about 25 supporters."

I'm not sure if that is the complete total for each, as it isn't certain whether each of the supporters has to be announced

However I would expect it would be as with a lobby vote, and declared after the nominations close, 2pm Mon.

if the above numbers are fairly accurate it would mean the bloater and his gang have lied yet again

"Bunter hits the ton" was the word Sat morning

Otherwise heres the running order -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/22/tory-leadership-race-what-happe

Latest declared figures...

Rishi Sunak - 146 MPs
Boris Johnson - 57 MPs
Penny Mordaunt - 24 MPs

...that leaves 130 MPs who haven't declared support for any of these 3, and there's still the possibility that someone else might decide to stand before the deadline

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

This leadership race. on 18:49 - Oct 23 with 460 viewsHARRY10

This leadership race. on 18:19 - Oct 23 by BlueBoots

Rishi Sunak - 146 MPs
Boris Johnson - 57 MPs
Penny Mordaunt - 24 MPs

...that leaves 130 MPs who haven't declared support for any of these 3, and there's still the possibility that someone else might decide to stand before the deadline

I'm not sure if all MPs have to support one of the candidates.

Unless 2 drop out there will be a vote, so maybe some will wait until then. I am not sure if that vote is made public.

The best the Tories will be hoping for is that one of them (Rishi) has an overwhelming number of nominees and the other two drop out through not reaching the required 100 nominations.

Mordaunt looks fairly competent, at an MPs level so it might be a big ask to offer her one of the top jobs.

If it is him, then Rishi needs to clear out the idiots/ERG cretins. Dorries, Braverman, Rees-Mogg, Badenoch etc. Their right wing lunacy was tested with the mini budget.There needs to be a focus on the real problems facing the country...not imagined wokey cokery guff by these cranks.

Back to the centre.

One nation Toryism as was in the 50's when Labours housebuilding programme was continued. When schools, the NHS, the police and other public services were seen as a necessary asset to society, not an unfair tax of the corporate world.

Time to row back from the abyss.
This leadership race. on 19:37 - Oct 23 with 419 viewsNthQldITFC

This leadership race. on 18:19 - Oct 23 by BlueBoots

Rishi Sunak - 146 MPs
Boris Johnson - 57 MPs
Penny Mordaunt - 24 MPs

I've been casually doing this very crude calculation at various points during the day, using the Guido Fawkes spreadsheet on the principle that they live closest to the sewer:

J = Johnsons known backers
i = percentage who have indicated
P = Johnson's projected total IF the remainder back Johnson in the same proportion that they have up until that point.

P = J + (J*(100-i)/i)

P has gone down steadily from 116 to 112 to 110 to 106 now, so I'm starting to breathe a bit more easily.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This leadership race. on 19:49 - Oct 23 with 390 viewsXYZ

This leadership race. on 19:37 - Oct 23 by NthQldITFC

I've been casually doing this very crude calculation at various points during the day, using the Guido Fawkes spreadsheet on the principle that they live closest to the sewer:

J = Johnsons known backers
i = percentage who have indicated
P = Johnson's projected total IF the remainder back Johnson in the same proportion that they have up until that point.

P = J + (J*(100-i)/i)

P has gone down steadily from 116 to 112 to 110 to 106 now, so I'm starting to breathe a bit more easily.

I'm not sure that's correct. These are only nominations for which names get on the ballot paper.

Not every MP will necessarily make a nomination.

The nominations are made by private correspondence with Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 committee. It's possible that some may have publicly committed to Johnson but don't write to Brady. Some may have told Johnson they'll back him but no write to Brady.

I don't want to shock you but the tory party does contain quite a number of duplicitous liars.
This leadership race. on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 373 viewsNthQldITFC

This leadership race. on 19:49 - Oct 23 by XYZ

I'm not sure that's correct. These are only nominations for which names get on the ballot paper.

Not every MP will necessarily make a nomination.

The nominations are made by private correspondence with Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 committee. It's possible that some may have publicly committed to Johnson but don't write to Brady. Some may have told Johnson they'll back him but no write to Brady.

I don't want to shock you but the tory party does contain quite a number of duplicitous liars.

Yes, it's certainly crude, but then so is the subject matter!

My point is that it's a crude indication that the flow of support from MPs seems to slowing and because it is probably a positive feedback (i.e. if he's not looking like he'll get there, undecided MPs are less likely to publicly back him), he's less likely to make 100.

Of course, there might be a block for any of the candidates who are holding back from coming out fro some reason, in which case it's all ballocks.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 20:02]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024