Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne 15:57 - Oct 21 with 687 viewsunstableblue

28,500 fans on a Friday under the lights! with cementing an automatic promotion spot a real possibility, playing the largest club in the league, who are also promotion rivals, and with Town playing a style of football to excite and a group of players to value - Jesus my blue brothers and sisters - does it get any bigger and any more exciting?

Black and Black Army

It's on Sky and it's a big pressure game, against a manager who has had the measure of Ipswich for some time - what could possibly go wrong?!

Paul Warne has regularly blown us away with his high tempo, physical and more direct style of football. But positively he's still not quite got the players yet, or has managed to get his way of playing into the Derby side. And there is a chance their higher turnover of ball, may leave some space between the lines to move through them quickly. But tonight, I expect them to sit deeper on us, and try and break. Jackson may start against 'slower CBs'.

Derby fans on their Forum, are coming to terms with Warne, and the more direct style. They feel he's made them more robust and stronger than under Rosenoir, but not the finished article (thread below)... and not everyone agrees. This is heartening:

"Ipswich are better than anyone we've played so far and I think the way we set up will leave our back three exposed, Ipswich to win relatively comfortably I think.
I'd actually have had more faith in some sort of result in this game playing the Rosenior way, purely because we'd have had more of the ball.
If we end up in a basketball match as has been the pattern under Warne Ipswich are good enough to punish us for it properly."

And a Basketball match is a great analogy for perhaps how Warne and McKenna ball combine!

Lets get tribal tonight people... total volume and energy from the stands, roar them on. Don't rely on the players as is the PR norm, generate ourselves. A win tonight would be quite the shot of adrenaline into the automatic campaign and a tonic after Lincoln. Time to see if McKenna has got the measure of Warne.

COYB (still works!)

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/40493-ipswich-v-derby-a-matchday-thread-%E2%80%98and-i

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne on 16:32 - Oct 21 with 594 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd hope we stop it becoming a basketball match as you'd expect us to have greater control than that.

Have we done songs for the black kit?

"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne on 16:38 - Oct 21 with 555 viewspointofblue

If we take the lead..

We’re winning on TV
We’re winning on TV
How !!!! must you be?
We’re winning on TV

Mind you, we took the lead against Plymouth. Perhaps hold it back to full time, if we win.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne on 16:43 - Oct 21 with 519 viewsEwan_Oozami

"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne on 16:32 - Oct 21 by PhilTWTD

I'd hope we stop it becoming a basketball match as you'd expect us to have greater control than that.

Have we done songs for the black kit?

People are posting some top musical tracks today!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne on 16:45 - Oct 21 with 510 viewsPhilTWTD

"Black & Black Army"; Doesn't get much bigger; Can we handle Warne on 16:43 - Oct 21 by Ewan_Oozami

People are posting some top musical tracks today!

Having had that come to mind I'm now listening, rather appropriately, to the whole of the Black Album. Must be about 30 years since I last did so.
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on 20:57 - Oct 21 with 365 viewsunstableblue

Why don’t we turn up for these big games? Seriously?

So many poor performances where do you start?!

Donacien again not on it.

But we have another 45, and the players need to step up.

Crowd was ready to go for first 10mins.. and we didn’t get the goal.

Anyway, COYB

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024