Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking 08:50 - Oct 7 with 1639 viewsclive_baker

about players, particularly top flight players, who disappear altogether once their playing careers finish. Can't say I blame them really, probably had enough of the industry and don't fancy coaching, management, punditry etc. Connor's dad is one, anyone remember Stuart Ripley? He was quality for Blackburn, capped by England, Premier League winner of course. He's a solicitor now apparently. David Batty is another one from that team.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 08:52 - Oct 7 with 1613 viewsKieran_Knows

I've listened to quite a few people on the Undr The Cosh podcast, who have all said David Batty actually despised football, just happened to be blessed to be bloody good at it. Had no interest in it what so ever, so no surprise that he's not one you hear of much anymore.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 8:55]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 14:47 - Oct 7 with 1284 viewsBlueandTruesince82

For me it's more managers, ones that had Highish profile job and vanish.

David O'Leary is the one that springs to mind the most
Mike Walker another probably because he was Norwich and I think briefly Everton.

I imagine lots of sensible players disappear, made their money, not wasted it and then enjoy it. I would.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 15:09 - Oct 7 with 1233 viewsACP84

Bergsson (Bolton, not sure of spelling) went in to polotics.

Paul Mason owns a guest house if memory serves.
Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 20:01 - Oct 7 with 1113 viewsrfretwell

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 15:09 - Oct 7 by ACP84

DavidcBatty was/is a biker - loves his motorbikes I understand. Good in him. Me too.
Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 20:09 - Oct 7 with 1099 viewsLeoMuff

Amazing that Ripley had a regular job, would have thought even back then would have earned enough to never work again , unless of course he enjoys it.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 21:11 - Oct 7 with 1027 viewsTheBoyBlue

This seems to confirm that and for some reason chooses his goal against us in 92/93. Bloomin' good player.

https://www.premierleagueheroes.com/stuart-ripley/

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 22:10 - Oct 7 with 927 viewsMedwayTractor

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 15:09 - Oct 7 by ACP84

Paul Mason ran a B&B in Southport, I'm fairly sure he moved on from that a few years ago.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 06:56 - Oct 8 with 786 viewsOwainG1992

Connor Ripley's comments got me thinking on 22:10 - Oct 7 by MedwayTractor

Paul Mason ran a B&B in Southport, I'm fairly sure he moved on from that a few years ago.

Alex Mathie a regional manager in the post office up my neck of the woods.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024