Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is it so hard for people to 13:59 - Aug 9 with 1169 viewsCheltenham_Blue

either

1) Get in the right lane at the start or
2) Stay in their lane at a fecking roundabout.

One near me and I'm cut up every time, because they can't stay in the lane and end up drifting over the white line to get into the actual lane they need.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why is it so hard for people to on 14:42 - Aug 9 with 1093 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I have the same experience every time I approach the A2 from where I live.

It's staggering how bad people are at driving around here (SE London). It's also genuinely dangerous. More interested in adjusting sun glasses, talking on the phone, eating, reclining in seat, adjusting radio etc.
Why is it so hard for people to on 14:43 - Aug 9 with 1093 viewsMattinLondon

Roundabouts have lanes? Never knew that. Next you’ll be saying that I shouldn’t overtake on the inside.
The standard of driving in this country..... on 14:44 - Aug 9 with 1092 viewsBloots

....is appalling and getting worse.

And it's not just the women now.

Where did this habit of randomly stopping to let other cars pull out of side roads come from?!

And why do some divs insist on stopping to let pedestrians cross the road??

FFS.

I'm having a bad day.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Why is it so hard for people to on 14:47 - Aug 9 with 1074 viewsEly_Blue

It’s fine for them to do it so long as they remember it’s Mirror-Signal-Manoeuvre rather than Manoeuvre-Signal(maybe)-mirror

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The standard of driving in this country..... on 14:50 - Aug 9 with 1070 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The standard of driving in this country..... on 14:44 - Aug 9 by Bloots

Where did this habit of randomly stopping to let other cars pull out of side roads come from?!

FFS.

I'm having a bad day.

See also flashing hazard lights from time-to-time to say thank you. It's madness and all that stuff is miles more dangerous than people realise. It's the hesitancy bit that gets me - "you go", "no you go" etc - takes longer.
The standard of driving in this country..... on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 1053 viewsDarkHorse

FFS.

I'm having a bad day.

So fooking annoying.

Very few people bother to indicate now either, particularly at roundabouts. I blame traffic lights making everyone lazier/stupider/more ignorant.
Why is it so hard for people to on 14:54 - Aug 9 with 1049 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Maureen still hasn’t passed her test yet then.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The standard of driving in this country..... on 16:10 - Aug 9 with 952 viewsCheltenham_Blue

FFS.

I'm having a bad day.

Can we add the total loss of spacial awareness too?

Road near me has cars parked on the right as you drive up it, you always used to be able to get two cars up there plus the parked cars. Now cares are randomly stopping to let cars through.

Happens all over the place, cars right in the middle of the road to pass parked cars is another one.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is it so hard for people to on 16:11 - Aug 9 with 950 viewshomer_123

Remember, back in the day, you were 'taught' to cross lanes when driving through a roundabout - that was changed years ago but there are still drivers who would have been taught that way.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why is it so hard for people to on 16:12 - Aug 9 with 945 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why is it so hard for people to on 16:11 - Aug 9 by homer_123

Remember, back in the day, you were 'taught' to cross lanes when driving through a roundabout - that was changed years ago but there are still drivers who would have been taught that way.

What? In their 20's?

Why is it so hard for people to on 16:14 - Aug 9 with 935 viewshomer_123

Why is it so hard for people to on 16:12 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

What? In their 20's?

Yep, if they passed their test in the 20's! ;)

Point taken on the age thing by the way.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The standard of driving in this country..... on 16:27 - Aug 9 with 908 viewsKeno

FFS.

I'm having a bad day.

and apparently you have to give cyclist room now when you try to go past them!!

Country is going to rack and ruin I tell you

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The standard of driving in this country..... on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 863 viewsMattinLondon

FFS.

I'm having a bad day.

At a junction drivers should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which you are turning."
The standard of driving in this country..... on 17:23 - Aug 9 with 842 viewsGeoffSentence

The standard of driving in this country..... on 17:04 - Aug 9 by MattinLondon

At a junction drivers should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which you are turning."

It's not entirely clear to me if this also applies to cyclists, for instance I was turning into a junction today at the same time as a couple of cyclists were riding along a cycle path that crossed the junction. I wasn't sure who had priority there.

I let them go just in case.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The standard of driving in this country..... on 17:52 - Aug 9 with 806 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The standard of driving in this country..... on 17:23 - Aug 9 by GeoffSentence

It's not entirely clear to me if this also applies to cyclists, for instance I was turning into a junction today at the same time as a couple of cyclists were riding along a cycle path that crossed the junction. I wasn't sure who had priority there.

You were correct. A car is the more deadly form of transport so you should give way. Apparently.
I assume, if were you driving your car down the cycle track, the bin lorry needs to give way to you.

Why is it so hard for people to on 19:25 - Aug 9 with 744 viewsyesjohn99

Turning right on the A12 roundabout from Kesgrave towards Tesco.

Absolute nightmare with lanes there.
Why is it so hard for people to on 20:01 - Aug 9 with 709 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Try driving round Milton Keynes regularly, as well as the aforementioned there is always one person doing 50ndown the dual carriageway in the outside line because they are turning right in 8 roundabouts time

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The standard of driving in this country..... on 20:21 - Aug 9 with 663 viewsbluelagos

The standard of driving in this country..... on 17:23 - Aug 9 by GeoffSentence

Cyclist has priority. The heirachy of users thingy is now law so you made the right call.

As an aside, my cycling buddy and me were agreeing how much politer many cars are now compared to a year ago. Very welcome changes imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024