Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” 19:14 - Jul 23 with 1640 viewsunstableblue

McKenna nails it…. Didn’t have these first half, talked about it at half time, came back with those attributes.

We go up if we bring these.

McCarthy, Hurst, Lambert, Cook Ipswich teams devoid of tempo, lacking positivity

Second half against Wigan is the model… replicate that and elements of the second half today and we get promoted

Simples.

Jackson, Aluko, Edwards and JJ came into that pitch confident and positive and it showed, yes Millwall had switched away from their first 11… but we were already becoming a handful

Feeling good about Bolton and the season now.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

McKenna also nails it on Harness… on 19:20 - Jul 23 with 1588 viewsunstableblue

…. “Receiving between the lines, carrying the ball, aggressive passing”

It’s what we need, it’s what we lacked at times…

Sounds like he’s settling into the group well.

Positive

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 23:55 - Jul 23 with 1310 viewsExiled2Surrey

We def improved when the subs came on, but we had already gone up a gear immediately after half time - after all, we did score before those subs were made. We seemed to move the ball faster, and the centre backs all started to carry more - it seemed to be a change in mindset more than personnel.

It’s probably good news that we play a team like Bolton first - I can imagine they will try and play a bit more than certain sides in the division, and our positivity should be rewarded therefore. I was a bit worried that they had also drawn with high flying Championship opposition today (Huddersfield) but it looks like HTAFC split their squad as they were playing two games today, and Bolton only equalised in injury time.
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 10:02 - Jul 24 with 1097 viewsVeggie

Along with physicality and athleticism, these were everything the old squad lacked. Cheers Cookie. We are going up. #coyb
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 10:03]
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 10:13 - Jul 24 with 1050 viewschicoazul

Sounds like the exact same issues Man U had when he was coach there too.
I know many people are sick of me now but the prospect of this season fills me with woe unless we can somehow pull 3 or 4 rabbits out the hat before the window shuts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 10:45 - Jul 24 with 988 viewsSomethingBlue

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 10:13 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

Sounds like the exact same issues Man U had when he was coach there too.
I know many people are sick of me now but the prospect of this season fills me with woe unless we can somehow pull 3 or 4 rabbits out the hat before the window shuts.

I think we actually look very strong technically, tactically and physically, but — as yesterday — we have a problem when a match is stop-start & broken up. We look a good bet for the top six, I would say, but definitely need those extra few additions to look convincing for automatic.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 929 viewschicoazul

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 10:45 - Jul 24 by SomethingBlue

I think we actually look very strong technically, tactically and physically, but — as yesterday — we have a problem when a match is stop-start & broken up. We look a good bet for the top six, I would say, but definitely need those extra few additions to look convincing for automatic.

Maybe maybe. It seems to me that we lack a playmaker (which alludes to your point about broken play) and we lack goals. Top 6 isn’t good enough for me, I don’t have any faith at all that this club would be strong enough mentally to get thru a play off and a final.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:12 - Jul 24 with 921 viewsWakh

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:07 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

Maybe maybe. It seems to me that we lack a playmaker (which alludes to your point about broken play) and we lack goals. Top 6 isn’t good enough for me, I don’t have any faith at all that this club would be strong enough mentally to get thru a play off and a final.

Still think there is 3 more to come in TBH
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:20 - Jul 24 with 892 viewschicoazul

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:12 - Jul 24 by Wakh

Still think there is 3 more to come in TBH

I agree, I just hope they’re of the right quality - a left back, a playmaker and a forward. And then ship out a few of the failures from last season like Burgess Penney and Hladky.

Login to get fewer ads

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:35 - Jul 24 with 848 viewsstrikalite

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 23:55 - Jul 23 by Exiled2Surrey

We def improved when the subs came on, but we had already gone up a gear immediately after half time - after all, we did score before those subs were made. We seemed to move the ball faster, and the centre backs all started to carry more - it seemed to be a change in mindset more than personnel.

It’s probably good news that we play a team like Bolton first - I can imagine they will try and play a bit more than certain sides in the division, and our positivity should be rewarded therefore. I was a bit worried that they had also drawn with high flying Championship opposition today (Huddersfield) but it looks like HTAFC split their squad as they were playing two games today, and Bolton only equalised in injury time.

I think it's all about the second half of games now, I'm sure there is a game plan focussing on this, I've always said that your best side(on an attacking front)doesn't have to start a game and very often doesn't, that last 20-25 minutes are mostly where games are won..
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:35 - Jul 24 with 848 viewsWakh

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:20 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

I agree, I just hope they’re of the right quality - a left back, a playmaker and a forward. And then ship out a few of the failures from last season like Burgess Penney and Hladky.

Agree.

I think the striker/AM is only a matter of time. Leif Davis is obviously a target but I think we have another alternative in mind. I have put 2 + 2 together with some very minimal clues .
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 11:36]
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 790 viewsSomethingBlue

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:35 - Jul 24 by strikalite

I think it's all about the second half of games now, I'm sure there is a game plan focussing on this, I've always said that your best side(on an attacking front)doesn't have to start a game and very often doesn't, that last 20-25 minutes are mostly where games are won..

Having five subs is going to be a huge thing for us, I think that's clear — few if any have our depth even if a number of our rivals can probably match the starting XI.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 712 viewsExiled2Surrey

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:51 - Jul 24 by SomethingBlue

Having five subs is going to be a huge thing for us, I think that's clear — few if any have our depth even if a number of our rivals can probably match the starting XI.

56% of goals were scored in the second halves of games last season in league one, 23% in the last 15 minutes (admittedly that includes injury time). Wigan were pretty good at scoring late goals last year I recall - and the stats seem to say that is even more the case away from home.
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 12:42 - Jul 24 with 700 viewsstrikalite

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:51 - Jul 24 by SomethingBlue

Agree, think this could be the difference, this is why I hate this term of "squad fillers"...we don't want to be naming our best team, we shouldn't have a best 11, from the bench we now have equal quality to that on the pitch.
“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 12:46 - Jul 24 with 686 viewschicoazul

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 11:35 - Jul 24 by Wakh

Agree.

I think the striker/AM is only a matter of time. Leif Davis is obviously a target but I think we have another alternative in mind. I have put 2 + 2 together with some very minimal clues .
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 11:36]

I’d be amazed if we got Davies and Hirst, 2 signings from the Prem. But I sincerely hope they happen.

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 588 viewsDarth_Koont

“Tempo, intensity, confidence, positivity on the ball” on 23:55 - Jul 23 by Exiled2Surrey

I also thought that just before half-time we started to look better. Burns and Chaplin were quieter than they probably should have been but Harkness and Ladapo were getting more involved as the game went on.

We were overall much better in the second half but suspect we'll still go with the core of the first half team on Saturday. Maybe Aluko for Chaplin as he was much better at getting the play going in midfield.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024