Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? 10:11 - Jul 3 with 1211 viewsKeno

I for one am shocked by this!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62025410

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 10:15 - Jul 3 with 1188 viewsDanTheMan

I do thoroughly enjoy what their definition of a new hospital is.

Could be a hospital, could be a new wing, could a a refurb.

This has been known about for ages but he's never pulled up on it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 10:28 - Jul 3 with 1161 viewseireblue

Look, I think it is very clear what the context and meaning of “new”, “hospital” and errr…40, was. And that will be delivered, if people thought something else, well that’s their problem for not understanding the campaign message.

I think we should all be grateful for the new Gazebo in the hospital car park, and newly painted turnstiles.
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 10:58 - Jul 3 with 1127 viewsWhos_blue

We shouldn't be surprised at more lies, half truths and prpoganda from these charlatans.
The claim of 20000 more police is just the same. It just happens to conveniently miss out the fact that 20600 were cut in the first place.

This is an old piece, but I think still relevant.

https://theconversation.com/boris-johnsons-pledge-for-20-000-new-police-officers

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 11:00 - Jul 3 with 1121 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 10:15 - Jul 3 by DanTheMan

This rebuild is particularly impressive.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 12:21 - Jul 3 with 1059 viewsjontysnut

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 10:15 - Jul 3 by DanTheMan

It's the Trigger's Broom equation.
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 12:34 - Jul 3 with 1029 viewsMattinLondon

Serious question - what’s stopping political parties from promising the earth and not delivering? I know some will say that they will be held to account by the electorate but most vote according to habit. Are manifestos looked at independently and then costed prior to each election? If not then they should be with their findings made public and if a parties political manifesto is a bag of rubbish then there should be massive warning placed on it - legally binding.
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 12:56 - Jul 3 with 984 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 12:34 - Jul 3 by MattinLondon

Serious question - what’s stopping political parties from promising the earth and not delivering? I know some will say that they will be held to account by the electorate but most vote according to habit. Are manifestos looked at independently and then costed prior to each election? If not then they should be with their findings made public and if a parties political manifesto is a bag of rubbish then there should be massive warning placed on it - legally binding.

Absolutely nothing which is why they do it more and more. And their supporters just wave the colours like they’re supporting a football team.

At heart in our politics, from the parties to the political media to the fanboys, there’s a distinct lack of focus on policies and delivery of them. It’s never been great, but it’s a particularly hollowed out version of politics at the moment with little to no responsibility taken or accountability demanded.

Collectively, we have created the kind of environment where someone like Johnson is elevated and thrives –when we all knew he was dishonest, self-serving and unfit for power more than a decade ago.

Pronouns: He/Him

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:00 - Jul 3 with 967 viewsNthQldITFC

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 12:34 - Jul 3 by MattinLondon

That's exactly how I feel about it Matt, basic honesty is not only missing but becoming so devalued that they can't even be arsed to hide it any more. More sophisticated and better educated people than I will say that I'm naive and "that's how it works old son", but do we really have to prop up this sh*t with our compliance? I'm revolting.

Sooner or later things will have to change, it's just about whether the fat leaders of now want an orderly transition to a fairer society, or anarchy and the destruction of their apparent wealth and the illusion of security that it gives them.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:04 - Jul 3 with 960 viewsMattinLondon

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 12:56 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

Absolutely nothing which is why they do it more and more. And their supporters just wave the colours like they’re supporting a football team.

At heart in our politics, from the parties to the political media to the fanboys, there’s a distinct lack of focus on policies and delivery of them. It’s never been great, but it’s a particularly hollowed out version of politics at the moment with little to no responsibility taken or accountability demanded.

Collectively, we have created the kind of environment where someone like Johnson is elevated and thrives –when we all knew he was dishonest, self-serving and unfit for power more than a decade ago.

I’m sure the main parties will complain about this but a couple of months before an election they’re manifestos should be handed (a bit like a business case to a bank) for analysis. Then, a month before the election their manifestos will be made public but only after such independent analysis. If it’s full of errors etc then that will be reported with major errors having to be pulled and not replaced.

Along with this First past the post is broken - get rid of it with some sort of PR - actually on a ballot paper the voter will be able to tick which party they want for each section of major government. For example Labour can have the NHS but the same voter can tick Tories as a first option for Defence (for example).

This will never happen and we will end up with a bunch of liars be it Labour or Tory etc and every so often we’ll end up with incompetent charlatans like this government.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 13:11]
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:09 - Jul 3 with 948 viewsMattinLondon

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:00 - Jul 3 by NthQldITFC

That's exactly how I feel about it Matt, basic honesty is not only missing but becoming so devalued that they can't even be arsed to hide it any more. More sophisticated and better educated people than I will say that I'm naive and "that's how it works old son", but do we really have to prop up this sh*t with our compliance? I'm revolting.

Sooner or later things will have to change, it's just about whether the fat leaders of now want an orderly transition to a fairer society, or anarchy and the destruction of their apparent wealth and the illusion of security that it gives them.

It’s just utter arse. Take the referendum for example - complete lies concerning the 365 million on the NHS, that Eastern Europeans can get a council house just like that. And for fairness I’m sure that remain also shared porkies.

Its not naivety - I don’t think it’s naive to expect a base level of honesty or honour from politicians. In fact not even a base level but a high level of integrity.

That may well be how it has worked but it’s not working and it’s depressing. The status quo is bollox…and I don’t mean the band either.
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:11 - Jul 3 with 945 viewsjaykay

i can remember a certain m.p. promising a windfall tax and free broadband in his manifesto but this was attacked by the tories .
tory after tory stood up and said this was wrong. can't remember then doing it when sunak brought it in

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:14 - Jul 3 with 928 viewsjeera

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:00 - Jul 3 by NthQldITFC

Those who are doing well today don't care about everyone else's tomorrow.

It feels to be as simple as that.

Although there cannot be an entire party of awful human beings and there must be many an honest MP in the wings but we don't get to see or hear them.

Johnson has surrounded himself with like-minded individuals and wants it kept that way.

Would Starmer give a voice to his party's members or would he shut them down in the same way creating his own echo chamber?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:19 - Jul 3 with 916 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:04 - Jul 3 by MattinLondon

I’m sure the main parties will complain about this but a couple of months before an election they’re manifestos should be handed (a bit like a business case to a bank) for analysis. Then, a month before the election their manifestos will be made public but only after such independent analysis. If it’s full of errors etc then that will be reported with major errors having to be pulled and not replaced.

Along with this First past the post is broken - get rid of it with some sort of PR - actually on a ballot paper the voter will be able to tick which party they want for each section of major government. For example Labour can have the NHS but the same voter can tick Tories as a first option for Defence (for example).

This will never happen and we will end up with a bunch of liars be it Labour or Tory etc and every so often we’ll end up with incompetent charlatans like this government.

Agreed. But by far the biggest safeguard we’re missing is a fit-for-purpose media that should be holding politicians of all stripes to account.

But instead of pundits who look at policies, and their costs and value, we have a political media who report feverishly on the game of politics instead. They barely even address the issues in society and the economy that should be the grounds for debate.

The UK has become a country of low growth, low productivity, wage stagnation, housing and cost of living in crisis and with huge wealth, regional, race and age inequalities and many millions including 4+ million children living in poverty. That’s largely been the status quo for a decade or more. But you wouldn’t have guessed that from reading the newspapers or watching the news these past years – and it’s only now with the cost of living difficulties impacting the majority including the middle class that they’re talking about it.

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:27 - Jul 3 with 900 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:14 - Jul 3 by jeera

Those who are doing well today don't care about everyone else's tomorrow.

It feels to be as simple as that.

Although there cannot be an entire party of awful human beings and there must be many an honest MP in the wings but we don't get to see or hear them.

Johnson has surrounded himself with like-minded individuals and wants it kept that way.

Would Starmer give a voice to his party's members or would he shut them down in the same way creating his own echo chamber?

In answer to your Starmer question, yes. He’s spent two years shutting down the party members and creating his own echo chamber.

With a leadership littered with broken pledges and lies about unity and the need for progressive policies, it’s about the only thing anyone can trust him and his team to deliver: turning Labour into a party of the establishment for the establishment.

The above isn’t an endorsement for Johnson, of course. Quite the opposite.

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:31 - Jul 3 with 892 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:04 - Jul 3 by MattinLondon

Sorry Matt!

Clumsy downvote when I wanted to upvote this.

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:35 - Jul 3 with 874 viewschicoazul

Why did they choose a picture where he looks like Roald Dahl.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:47 - Jul 3 with 853 viewsMattinLondon

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:19 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. But by far the biggest safeguard we’re missing is a fit-for-purpose media that should be holding politicians of all stripes to account.

But instead of pundits who look at policies, and their costs and value, we have a political media who report feverishly on the game of politics instead. They barely even address the issues in society and the economy that should be the grounds for debate.

The UK has become a country of low growth, low productivity, wage stagnation, housing and cost of living in crisis and with huge wealth, regional, race and age inequalities and many millions including 4+ million children living in poverty. That’s largely been the status quo for a decade or more. But you wouldn’t have guessed that from reading the newspapers or watching the news these past years – and it’s only now with the cost of living difficulties impacting the majority including the middle class that they’re talking about it.

If an established news organisation prints lies be it on the internet or paper then they should be forced to print proper full front page retractions - not written by them but by an independent body.

If they write a few untrue stories then for a few days in a roll their front pages will simply be full apologies or retractions with the full facts printed.

Tabloid journalism is piss poor.
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:52 - Jul 3 with 836 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:47 - Jul 3 by MattinLondon

If an established news organisation prints lies be it on the internet or paper then they should be forced to print proper full front page retractions - not written by them but by an independent body.

If they write a few untrue stories then for a few days in a roll their front pages will simply be full apologies or retractions with the full facts printed.

Tabloid journalism is piss poor.

Sure but it’s been the broadsheets and TV too.

There’ll always be lowest common denominator trash coverage. It’s the disturbingly low level of the supposed quality outlets that is causing the main problem IMO.

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 14:02 - Jul 3 with 813 viewsMattinLondon

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 13:52 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

Sure but it’s been the broadsheets and TV too.

There’ll always be lowest common denominator trash coverage. It’s the disturbingly low level of the supposed quality outlets that is causing the main problem IMO.

Agreed - I expect or expected more from broadsheets. Not so much anymore.
Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 16:49 - Jul 3 with 703 viewsBlueBadger

Whilst we're on the subject of health, corruption and incompetence - this:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/29/nhs-privatisation-drive-linked-t

The study itself:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(22)00133-5/fullt

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 17:54 - Jul 3 with 625 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Surely Boris wasnt lying when he promised us 40 new hospitals? on 16:49 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

Whilst we're on the subject of health, corruption and incompetence - this:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/29/nhs-privatisation-drive-linked-t

The study itself:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(22)00133-5/fullt

You mean to say that all that money thrown at BUPA and their ilk just goes to pay this guy .....?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024