Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... 09:27 - Apr 23 with 635 viewsmuccletonjoe

The ins and outs of portman road this close season will be significant.
Those green shoots we have seen appearing since the new year need nurturing.
On top of that there is quite a list of players returning to the club from loans, leaving the club from loans.
How many of these will be retained and/or returning is unclear at this stage, although it doesn't appear to include tyreece Simpson.
I think when the dust has settled from this seasons fall out , there may not be too many retained from the returning loans, possibly Harper . Ndaba also deserves a chance, other than that, I think McKenna will look elsewhere.
A left sided player is yet AGAIN on our shopping list and this time we desperately need one which fulfills our needs as a team.
Strikers are equally important. A prolific and consistent goalscorer would solve so many problems.
Whether we stay with our current formation or go for 3 in Central midfield and 2 strikers is another option up for serious discussion this summer.
All in all a pivotal period for the club, McKenna will ultimately be assessed on the outcome next season.
Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:30 - Apr 23 with 614 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Ndaba will def be a involved next season, has impressed at Salford.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 604 viewsmuccletonjoe

Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:30 - Apr 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Has been playing well. I think defenders is one area we can leave alone this summer
Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:37 - Apr 23 with 580 viewsunstableblue

Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:30 - Apr 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

While we all rate Ndaba and he’s had a great loan spell that puts him ahead of the probably even bigger talent Baggot (who will no doubt have a league 2 full season loan)

The competition in central defence especially left sided where Ndaba plays is fierce. Edmundson and Burgess are very good players and will be ahead Ndaba. Wolf nailed on for central position.

And despite Ndaba playing a left back role for much of the season and bagging a goal, he is not the wing back McKenna seeks.

So may be difficult to manage Ndabas progression.

Great problem to have.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 9:38]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 571 viewsCoastalblue

Hopefully the big difference this time around is that we have a decent spine for our level and hopefully a plan. I imagine we're looking to supplement rather than build a side, and now have people bedded into roles to help us achieve that.

I guess on the flipside we don't actually know how McK wants to set up and play yet, is he working toward his own way of doing things or trying to best utilise what he has?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:42 - Apr 23 with 550 viewsmuccletonjoe

Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 09:38 - Apr 23 by Coastalblue

Hopefully the big difference this time around is that we have a decent spine for our level and hopefully a plan. I imagine we're looking to supplement rather than build a side, and now have people bedded into roles to help us achieve that.

I guess on the flipside we don't actually know how McK wants to set up and play yet, is he working toward his own way of doing things or trying to best utilise what he has?

I think upto now he has been utilising what he has. We will now find out where he wants to go from here.
Probably not as big a summer as last year, but.... on 11:39 - Apr 23 with 387 viewsbilllm

100%, and baggott will go on loan for a year,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024