Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sin bin 09:25 - Apr 11 with 1051 viewsgramps

Just seen that Paige Peake was booked and sent to the sin bin yesterday, How long has the 10 minutes in the sin bin for a booking been in force in the ladies league? Would it be a good idea to introduce it for the men?

GRAMPS

Sin bin on 10:28 - Apr 11 with 949 viewsMattinLondon

I think it was introduced this season.

I think the sin bin should be introduced but only as an additional yellow card. For example two yellow cards will see the player go to the sin bin for fifteen mins. Third yellow card will be a red card.

Along with this, I would stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play.
Sin bin on 10:35 - Apr 11 with 922 viewsStourbridgeblue

It already is in lower league footy - but only for dissent. The lower leagues in women's footy also have rolling substitutions.

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

Sin bin on 10:43 - Apr 11 with 881 viewsJakeITFC

I've played in senior men's leagues in both 11-a-side football and futsal with the sin bin law in effect, and I'm not sure I love it.

Maybe it was just because it was relatively new but it didn't really stop the yellow card challenges or dissent, but what it did do is empower refs to make bad decisions worse. I can just imagine the absolute guessers that we have at League One level having a field day.
Sin bin on 10:57 - Apr 11 with 839 viewsN2_Blue

Sin bin on 10:43 - Apr 11 by JakeITFC

I've played in senior men's leagues in both 11-a-side football and futsal with the sin bin law in effect, and I'm not sure I love it.

Maybe it was just because it was relatively new but it didn't really stop the yellow card challenges or dissent, but what it did do is empower refs to make bad decisions worse. I can just imagine the absolute guessers that we have at League One level having a field day.

I agree. It's not necessary to have a sin bin for dissent but start taking dissent seriously. Have a new protocol rolled out at start of a season and communicated explicitly to clubs and players so it is drilled home. Then actually book a players for dissent, no excuses. They continue to mouth off 2nd card and they're sent off. Guarantee within first few weeks of a new season dissent will stop.

Whether you like rugby or not, no one can deny how they deal with dissent and that only captains talk to the referee doesn't work superbly and make things a better watch.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Sin bin on 11:05 - Apr 11 with 822 viewsRadlett_blue

Sin bin on 10:57 - Apr 11 by N2_Blue

I agree. It's not necessary to have a sin bin for dissent but start taking dissent seriously. Have a new protocol rolled out at start of a season and communicated explicitly to clubs and players so it is drilled home. Then actually book a players for dissent, no excuses. They continue to mouth off 2nd card and they're sent off. Guarantee within first few weeks of a new season dissent will stop.

Whether you like rugby or not, no one can deny how they deal with dissent and that only captains talk to the referee doesn't work superbly and make things a better watch.

Dissent has always had an effective sanction in rugby as it usually leads to a 10 yard penalty, which does change behaviour as rugby, unlike football, is a territorial game e.g.10 yards makes a penalty kick easier & 3 points more likely.
I would like a sin bin in football as it might cut out the deliberate, petty fouling e.g. when a team has a chance of a break. Yes, I think an extended sin bin for the equivalent of a 2nd yellow card might be preferable to the "2 yellows=1 red" rule, but as a second yellow usually happens late in the game, would it make much difference?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sin bin on 11:12 - Apr 11 with 801 viewsMattinLondon

Sin bin on 10:57 - Apr 11 by N2_Blue

I don’t see anything wrong with players talking to the referee- well as long as it’s in a polite manner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024