Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted 23:06 - Feb 10 with 1522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not seen this mentioned on here - apologies if it has been.

Child bride. Domestic abuse. Women's rights. Execution. All Government-enabled.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/husband-parades-decapitated-head-of-17-year

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 00:17 - Feb 11 with 1411 viewsOldsmoker

When I read that it shocked me too. Thankfully, these incidents are rare or perhaps rarely reported. Generally people are the same the world over and don't do such extreme stuff. In the UK we've had incidents where jilted lovers have thrown acid in the face of their ex, but that is a rare thing too.

I access a lot of web sites every day and there are atrocities that are happening all over the world. I just don't think any of them need to be aired on what is first and foremost a football forum.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 05:50 - Feb 11 with 1251 viewssolomon

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 00:17 - Feb 11 by Oldsmoker

When I read that it shocked me too. Thankfully, these incidents are rare or perhaps rarely reported. Generally people are the same the world over and don't do such extreme stuff. In the UK we've had incidents where jilted lovers have thrown acid in the face of their ex, but that is a rare thing too.

I access a lot of web sites every day and there are atrocities that are happening all over the world. I just don't think any of them need to be aired on what is first and foremost a football forum.

We can’t be selective of what’s aired on a general section of the forum providing it breaks none of the house rules, in my opinion this story does not and is worthy of our attention.
Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 07:04 - Feb 11 with 1126 viewsVic

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 00:17 - Feb 11 by Oldsmoker

I’m surprised at your reply OS. We have a 7 pager about a footballer who kick and cat but you suggest that we don’t need to have a post about a woman having her head cut off?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 08:18 - Feb 11 with 1009 viewsGlasgowBlue

These incidents aren’t rare. The Iranian government is a barbaric regime.

As the op said. This latest incident is gove4nment enabled.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 08:22 - Feb 11 with 998 viewsDanTheMan

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 07:04 - Feb 11 by Vic

I’m surprised at your reply OS. We have a 7 pager about a footballer who kick and cat but you suggest that we don’t need to have a post about a woman having her head cut off?

Even though I don't personally agree with them, I do understand their viewpoint. Some people do grow weary with violence around the world and try to find places to shut off from it.

However, I don't think this should be one of those places.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 10:27 - Feb 11 with 879 viewsOldsmoker

As per the standard apology set by our politicians, I think it is necessary for me to say that I feel sorry for you if any of you were offended by my post.

The beheading in Iran is shocking like I said in my first post.

China and the Uyghur.
Saudi and Yemen
All government enabled.

We can all be offended but do we do anything to stop it?
Is anyone going to write to their MP about this?
Are you going to give to a charity that is trying to help those suffering?

Or is it enough just to post your views on social media 'cos that'll teach them.

And again, I feel sorry for you if any of you are offended by this post.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 12:55 - Feb 11 with 688 viewsXYZ

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 10:27 - Feb 11 by Oldsmoker

As per the standard apology set by our politicians, I think it is necessary for me to say that I feel sorry for you if any of you were offended by my post.

China and the Uyghur.
Saudi and Yemen
All government enabled.

Or is it enough just to post your views on social media 'cos that'll teach them.

I'm not sure anyone was "offended".

They recognised your wearyness but disagreed about posts that appear here.
Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 13:22 - Feb 11 with 641 viewsjeera

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 10:27 - Feb 11 by Oldsmoker

China and the Uyghur.
Saudi and Yemen
All government enabled.

I often give what I can to charities that try to help people in difficult situations. I think quite a lot of people do and it's more common than some may realise.

Not a lot, I mean a fiver here and there but in the hope I'm one of many and that it will help collectively.

I also quite often write to the MP but I don't usually get a response.

When I do it's something generic that I've already read myself that was of no use, hence my taking the time to write to him for further info in the first place.

I think sometimes people get upset by something they see/read and feel the need to vent a bit. I can understand that.

It's not like you to be negative fella. Hope you're doing ok.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 13:28 - Feb 11 with 630 viewsbluelagos

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 13:22 - Feb 11 by jeera

I often give what I can to charities that try to help people in difficult situations. I think quite a lot of people do and it's more common than some may realise.

Not a lot, I mean a fiver here and there but in the hope I'm one of many and that it will help collectively.

I also quite often write to the MP but I don't usually get a response.

When I do it's something generic that I've already read myself that was of no use, hence my taking the time to write to him for further info in the first place.

I think sometimes people get upset by something they see/read and feel the need to vent a bit. I can understand that.

It's not like you to be negative fella. Hope you're doing ok.

Thousands of people are members of Amnesty International which is involved in human rights issues all over the world.

£4 a month.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/giving/join/join-amnesty-PPC?utm_source=google&ut

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 13:41 - Feb 11 with 597 viewsVic

China and the Uyghur.
Saudi and Yemen
All government enabled.

Not offended, just surprised that you suggested we didn't need that on a football forum. ITFC and footie in general if what binds us together as a group on here, but along the way we have plenty of banter about all sorts of things, sometimes it happy and sometimes not! Those uninterested in general chat can switch to football only mode.

Can we do anything to stop it? In one sense no, but at least we can do our little bit to protest and raise a voice of conscience objection!

I personally get regular emails and social media updates about what's going on and in response I write to my MP, regularly give to charities that help the victims of of these terrible regimes and sponsor a child in one such country. I have also visited countries which are touched by this sort of thing - not as a tourist but as an aid and supporter of the victims. I've sat with them and heard their stories. So yes, I am involved and have first hand experience of the difference what i do makes to those people.

This isn't a look at me post, but just to say that I believe it's crucial that we're aware of whats happening in other places to fellow human beings, and do what we can to help.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Shocking news from Iran - not for the faint-hearted on 13:56 - Feb 11 with 551 viewsbluelagos

"I just don't think any of them need to be aired on what is first and foremost a football forum. "

Three things you can do here:

1. Use the football tab only.
2. Avoid any poster who posts topics you don't like. Can even put them ignore if you wish to.
3. Not open a thread where the topic indicates it's something you wish to avoid.

Am sure plenty of posters do one of the above for fear of reading any of my stuff highlighting police corruption :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024