Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' 19:47 - Jan 26 with 819 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mine starts in January and is normally incessant until April. Probably a result of smoking from the age of 14 until I was 31.

Stay off the fags kids.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 19:59 - Jan 26 with 777 viewsMattinLondon

I gave up smoking around ten years ago but from time-to-time I still get what sounds like a ‘smokers cough’.

Smoking should really be banned.
Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 20:15 - Jan 26 with 728 viewsjeera

I have one right now and yes, I'd say it's a regular thing for me this time of year.

I sort of put it down to the time of year and the houseplants reacting to the longer hours of daylight. I do get allergies; hayfever and others, so figure maybe the plants are maybe giving out something or other trying to get it on a bit with other plants.

That or the place could just do with some serious dusting.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:11 - Jan 26 with 645 viewsBlueForYou

November through to March every year. Have never smoked, but do enjoy a beer or two! Pretty fit for a 63 year old. No underlying health issues, ITFC excepted! Weird but live with it. Stress related possibly? Poor sleep at times? No idea why.
Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:36 - Jan 26 with 605 viewsBarcaBlue

I put mine down to the central heating which dries out everything, back of the throat, skin and damp washing. Probably made worse by the evil wood burner and lack of ventilation.
Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:39 - Jan 26 with 600 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Heavy use of the voice and exposure to germs mean I frequently have something along those lines. Have also been diagnosed as asthmatic in the past and would think some allergies play into it. Additionally the cooler air seems to bring it on especially changing from warm air to cool air. Not a great thing to have at the moment either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:40 - Jan 26 with 596 viewsjeera

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:36 - Jan 26 by BarcaBlue

I put mine down to the central heating which dries out everything, back of the throat, skin and damp washing. Probably made worse by the evil wood burner and lack of ventilation.

I have also considered this.

However, I had some damp and there was some mould had formed behind a unit I discovered and therefore put my cough down to that. Mould equals cough, right?

So I bought a dehumidifier and now am wondering if the air is too dry.

Do I now need to place saucers of water around the place whilst paying for the dehumidifier to dry it all up?!!

I've decided it's the plants. Or dust. Or long Covid.

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:42 - Jan 26 with 584 viewsjeera

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:39 - Jan 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Heavy use of the voice and exposure to germs mean I frequently have something along those lines. Have also been diagnosed as asthmatic in the past and would think some allergies play into it. Additionally the cooler air seems to bring it on especially changing from warm air to cool air. Not a great thing to have at the moment either.

"Heavy use of the voice..."

Thought you'd packed that lark up for a regular day job.

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:54 - Jan 26 with 560 viewsBarcaBlue

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 21:40 - Jan 26 by jeera

I have also considered this.

However, I had some damp and there was some mould had formed behind a unit I discovered and therefore put my cough down to that. Mould equals cough, right?

So I bought a dehumidifier and now am wondering if the air is too dry.

Do I now need to place saucers of water around the place whilst paying for the dehumidifier to dry it all up?!!

I've decided it's the plants. Or dust. Or long Covid.

The damp would be down to a lack of ventilation, the dehumidifier is making the cough and the drain on your pocket worse. The saucers of water will attract the thirsty cockroaches, desperate for a drink after suffering, like you, from the combination of central heating and the dehumidifier.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 22:03 - Jan 26 with 543 viewsEdwardStone

Not a winter cough... I have had a bad cough for a few years now, all year round

Caused by stomach acid irritating my throat when I am asleep....like reflux

Annoying, but not end of the World
Does anyone else get a 'Winter Cough' on 22:04 - Jan 26 with 542 viewsMelford

I normally do regular as clockwork apart from this year and last year, probably wearing a mask these last 2 winters has helped with that.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024