Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? 20:03 - Dec 8 with 677 viewsRyorry

Was thinkin maybe gif-gaf, but wondered about ASDA or others?

Cheers in advance.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:05 - Dec 8 with 664 viewsJ2BLUE

Giff Gaff are O2 aren't they?

Never had an issues with Lebara although only used it for data to be honest.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 20:06]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:07 - Dec 8 with 634 viewsCoastalblue

Can't say what they're like now if I'm honest but I was with Tesco for years and they were actually really good and the customer service was top notch. I only moved away as I hated giving them any more of my hard earned, not sure what network they use now.

Gif-Gaf seem to have a decent reputation.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:09 - Dec 8 with 625 viewsJ2BLUE

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:07 - Dec 8 by Coastalblue

Can't say what they're like now if I'm honest but I was with Tesco for years and they were actually really good and the customer service was top notch. I only moved away as I hated giving them any more of my hard earned, not sure what network they use now.

Gif-Gaf seem to have a decent reputation.

Full list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_mobile_virtual_network_oper

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:09 - Dec 8 with 624 viewsRyorry

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:05 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Giff Gaff are O2 aren't they?

Never had an issues with Lebara although only used it for data to be honest.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 20:06]

Think that's right, but heard they had a sharing agreement with Voda.

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:09 - Dec 8 with 623 viewsRyorry

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 20:09 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Full list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_mobile_virtual_network_oper

Cheers 👍

Edit - scary number of dissolved/ceased trading companies there! Not keen on Virgin or Voxi (never heard of latter), so as that only leaves Asda which uses vodaphone & does wifi calling ... :)
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 20:17]

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 22:04 - Dec 8 with 555 viewsRyorry

Just wondering also if you can choose a number when buying simcards, or are they just allocated randomly if you buy online?

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 22:41 - Dec 8 with 536 viewsWeWereZombies

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 22:04 - Dec 8 by Ryorry

Just wondering also if you can choose a number when buying simcards, or are they just allocated randomly if you buy online?

If you want to keep your existing number make sure you get a PAC code from your current provider before you change to someone else. Too late to do this after you have left the current one even if you haven't got on board with the new one yet.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 23:33 - Dec 8 with 490 viewsRyorry

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 22:41 - Dec 8 by WeWereZombies

If you want to keep your existing number make sure you get a PAC code from your current provider before you change to someone else. Too late to do this after you have left the current one even if you haven't got on board with the new one yet.

Bloody vodafone - reason I'm doing all this is I found they'd "unregistered" me on network without my knowledge cos I hadn't texted or made mobile call for 30 days; so if I fell/broke limb out walking mutt on my own, I'd be unable to make even treble 9 call. And they nicked the £20 credit I had in the process So I lost my old number just as I'd finally memorised it, gah!

Problem is that tho not even a great signal, they're the strongest amidst even weaker ones round here, hence wanting to keep on their network but with another company.

Anyway, upshot might be good in that it's triggered me into finally buying a new mobile as the old 2016 Samsung is no longer supported anyway. Getting iPhone from JL (eeeeewww!) which'll at least save me the old pain of trying to up/download photos onto mac laptop.

Login to get fewer ads

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 07:58 - Dec 9 with 415 viewsEly_Blue

Who are Vodaphone? Or do you mean Vodafone?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 08:07 - Dec 9 with 408 viewsVic

I’ve been with guff gaff for about 10 years and never had a problem. Very competitive pricing for pays. Dead easy to get more minutes or dada if you want it..

If there’s a better company I’d love to see it.

And yes, they piggy back to O2 network so it’s very good coverage.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 11:17 - Dec 9 with 371 viewsRyorry

Best company for payg using vodaphone network - any recommendations pls? on 22:04 - Dec 8 by Ryorry

To answer my own question in case anyone else seeks same info - no you can't choose number if buying simcard online or by phone, so I hope the random one I'm sent is vaguely memorable! You can do it if visiting one of their stores to purchase though.

Thanks all for the replies - as I mentioned, we live in a signal blackspot where only vodafone gets any kind of reception (tho even that's weak), so options are severely restricted. Found Asda website & phone customer service this a.m. both very good. They do wifi calling which is obviously very useful in the circumstances (wifi is via LAN line of sight mast).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024