Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe 00:16 - Nov 29 with 810 viewsOwainG1992

Let me start by saying my patience with Cook has been dented as of late.

That being said we won the match.

It wasn't a full 90 minute performance we crave but it was 3 points.

Which could prove valuable.

I find this fan base quite toxic at times (sometimes justifiably so).

But this is a new era, Stick with the lads and keep supporting.

It might not be this year but as a club we are going to come good again. Believe!

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:21 - Nov 29 with 687 viewsBobbychase

Toxic is a good description. And if they get Cook out, they will soon start moaning about the next man.

I suspect like a lot of other fans I am sick of our club being held to ransom by a vocal minority.

"I only saw one world-class goal in the game and we didn't win by six, so I am going to boo"

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:31 - Nov 29 with 667 viewsHerbivore

Toxic? Come off it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:37 - Nov 29 with 649 viewsBobbychase

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:31 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Toxic? Come off it.

A win was booed. I've watched football all over the country and never ever heard that before. We have a problem.

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:43 - Nov 29 with 632 viewschrismakin

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:37 - Nov 29 by Bobbychase

A win was booed. I've watched football all over the country and never ever heard that before. We have a problem.

Think that's bad, wait until 3 home games with 28k people in it after a performance like that.

Interesting what PC said last night

" People will forget about how we won" ( Something like that)

No they don't PC, which is why the Mick McCarthy era gets talked about a fair bit, performance over results.... or results over performance....

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:45 - Nov 29 with 633 viewsHerbivore

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:37 - Nov 29 by Bobbychase

It was a poor performance. I don't agree with the booing but to be honest I couldn't even hear it on iPlayer. Fans are frustrated, we've had two poor seasons at this level and we're currently worse off in this current season than we were in those two. We got played off the park on Tuesday and just about scraped past bottom of the table a few days later. A few boos isn't ideal but it's hardly 'toxic' either. And fans booing a poor performance, even when it's led to a narrow win, is not unique to us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:47 - Nov 29 with 622 viewsBobbychase

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:43 - Nov 29 by chrismakin

Think that's bad, wait until 3 home games with 28k people in it after a performance like that.

Interesting what PC said last night

" People will forget about how we won" ( Something like that)

No they don't PC, which is why the Mick McCarthy era gets talked about a fair bit, performance over results.... or results over performance....

Weirdly though, they forget a good performance in games we lose (Plymouth, Sunderland).

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:57 - Nov 29 with 590 viewschrismakin

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:47 - Nov 29 by Bobbychase

Weirdly though, they forget a good performance in games we lose (Plymouth, Sunderland).

That's an interesting thought as i've seen plenty of people discuss the plymouth game since.
The sunderland one, to much is being seen about 1 half of football imo. It wasn't as great as some think it was as a game overall, Plymouth tho wasn't even a good footballing performance, but it was a battle which is why it's remembered.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 7:58]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:05 - Nov 29 with 575 viewstextbackup

"I find this fan base quite toxic at times"

bloke just down from me called walton a c**t for not releasing the ball quicker..... the situation had Bonne standing alone with 3 crewe men around him..... had it been kicked up to him i highly doubt he wins that and does anything of note.

conclusion, a huge number of NSL goers are utter pr1cks with no understanding of he game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:06 - Nov 29 with 564 viewsBobbychase

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 07:57 - Nov 29 by chrismakin

That's an interesting thought as i've seen plenty of people discuss the plymouth game since.
The sunderland one, to much is being seen about 1 half of football imo. It wasn't as great as some think it was as a game overall, Plymouth tho wasn't even a good footballing performance, but it was a battle which is why it's remembered.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 7:58]

Plymouth - we went to the team who were top and probably deserved to win on chances created. An awful error by Penney let them back in the game and we missed several decent chances late on.

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:24 - Nov 29 with 505 viewsbluejacko

Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:05 - Nov 29 by textbackup

bloke just down from me called walton a c**t for not releasing the ball quicker..... the situation had Bonne standing alone with 3 crewe men around him..... had it been kicked up to him i highly doubt he wins that and does anything of note.

conclusion, a huge number of NSL goers are utter pr1cks with no understanding of he game

Well I am sure you told everyone about you with your football knowledge why after 15/20 mins of attacking and pressing football we reverted to type! Standing off and letting Crewe back into the game.
Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:28 - Nov 29 with 495 viewsblueboyd

it is now just a few fans on here who see things as OK, the rest of us are bored to tears with all this praise being heaped upon Cook, he is a joke.

allthis bellieve, it'll come good, we go again nonsense is why we are where we are.

Panic not, another season of Division 3 football awaits, praise be.
Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:28 - Nov 29 with 494 viewsItfcforme

A worry yesterday when crew could have won this game with 3or 4 open chances it's there poor strike force that shows where they are
but the way the back 4 were for itfc caught out of positions and flat footed and again second best to many balls really is a issue
Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:38 - Nov 29 with 460 viewsBluespeed225

Surprised by a toxic minority? Are you new on here!😂
Thank god we didn't lose to Crewe on 08:42 - Nov 29 with 434 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anger and stupidity is never a good mix, but you hear it quite often at footie matches.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024