Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And here's a thought... 12:24 - Oct 3 with 958 viewsOriginalMarkyP

If the pizza cup is a free hit to experiment with how about experimenting with a different system? Play 2 up top with Norwood and Bonne. We don't have a plan B, but we let's get one.

Because as if Edmundson said beating Doncaster sent a message to league 1, Accrington sent a message that we quite clearly fold if the other team out fights us. So look at a 4 4 2 with fight in it.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

And here's a thought... on 14:25 - Oct 3 with 835 viewsstrikalite

Yesterday was the game to play two up front, Norwood or Piggot alongside Bonne, high press, direct, play off the second balls etc...that was the perfect game for Norwood, being an absolute pain to defenders allowing Bonne to do what he's good at..
And here's a thought... on 14:56 - Oct 3 with 803 viewsbobbyramsey

Because Cook only plays one way....
And here's a thought... on 16:01 - Oct 3 with 731 viewsHullblue

‘A 442 with fight in it’ - the English football fan’s answer for everything.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

And here's a thought... on 16:11 - Oct 3 with 709 viewsDarth_Koont

Not a lot of point unless the game itself is going to be similar to a league game. Which I doubt.

Although I get the point about familiarity playing together. One thing that might be nice to try would be giving Morsy and El Mizouni a chance to get familiar. If we’re largely abandoning the midfield then it would be good to get our most combative players in there (who can also play a bit too) and see what that does for making the team more compact and keeping the pressure up on the opposition.

Pronouns: He/Him

And here's a thought... on 17:06 - Oct 3 with 656 viewsOriginalMarkyP

And here's a thought... on 16:01 - Oct 3 by Hullblue

‘A 442 with fight in it’ - the English football fan’s answer for everything.

Well how's PC's system working out so far? We need to be able to play more than one way. At the moment we can barely do that.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:10]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

And here's a thought... on 19:13 - Oct 3 with 562 viewsHullblue

And here's a thought... on 17:06 - Oct 3 by OriginalMarkyP

Well how's PC's system working out so far? We need to be able to play more than one way. At the moment we can barely do that.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:10]

I wouldn’t be averse to a change of shape but we can’t change our style just to counteract Accrington Stanley.

If we play direct we’re just playing them at their own game - and who’s going to win then? Appreciate you never used the word direct but you need to play quite direct to make 442 work.

Our problem yesterday was that we didn’t implement our own game plan at all. It’s not that we were too tippy tappy - we never even gave ourselves the chance to tip or tap in the first place.

Personally I think that comes down to the mentality of the players. We were so static. I can’t see any explanation for that other than complacency.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

And here's a thought... on 19:17 - Oct 3 with 545 viewswkj

And here's a thought... on 19:13 - Oct 3 by Hullblue

I wouldn’t be averse to a change of shape but we can’t change our style just to counteract Accrington Stanley.

If we play direct we’re just playing them at their own game - and who’s going to win then? Appreciate you never used the word direct but you need to play quite direct to make 442 work.

Our problem yesterday was that we didn’t implement our own game plan at all. It’s not that we were too tippy tappy - we never even gave ourselves the chance to tip or tap in the first place.

Personally I think that comes down to the mentality of the players. We were so static. I can’t see any explanation for that other than complacency.

I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest Celina fan when he was here under MM, and yesterday reminded me why. He can move, he can run, and he can pass - but he often gets lost in spells of play where he does neither and almost looks more static than a Sun 9.99 caravan.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024