Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Test match 15:46 - Aug 14 with 522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Root and Moeen Ali putting us in a good position at tea after good work from Bairstow. Only 50 behind with 5 wickets remaining. If they can continue and build a good first innings lead, we could put them under some pressure. Hameed must be gutted not to have taken his opportunity especially if he doesn't get a second innings. I presume he will get the rest of the series still, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Test match on 15:49 - Aug 14 with 499 viewsGuthrum

Long evening session - should be leading by the close if we don't lose wickets.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Test match on 16:40 - Aug 14 with 454 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Test match on 15:49 - Aug 14 by Guthrum

Long evening session - should be leading by the close if we don't lose wickets.

150 for Root. Only 28 behind now.

Big session as you suggest.

Test match on 16:42 - Aug 14 with 441 viewsgainsboroughblue

Test match on 16:40 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

150 for Root. Only 28 behind now.

Big session as you suggest.

Brilliant from Root again. A few other shoots of promise in this innings but where on earth would we be without him? And Anderson with the ball obviously.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Test match on 16:51 - Aug 14 with 424 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Test match on 16:42 - Aug 14 by gainsboroughblue

Brilliant from Root again. A few other shoots of promise in this innings but where on earth would we be without him? And Anderson with the ball obviously.

Ali has given something to build around too. Previously once Bairstow was out that would have been pretty much it.

Win predictor now 54% England, only 18% India.

Test match on 16:58 - Aug 14 with 408 viewsgainsboroughblue

Test match on 16:51 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ali has given something to build around too. Previously once Bairstow was out that would have been pretty much it.

Win predictor now 54% England, only 18% India.

I bet it isn't now.

Test match on 16:59 - Aug 14 with 401 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Test match on 16:58 - Aug 14 by gainsboroughblue

I bet it isn't now.

Indeed. Moeen gone and one becomes two. We lack the lower order strength we need at the moment.

The Moeen catch was a big call.

Test match on 17:02 - Aug 14 with 390 viewsgainsboroughblue

Test match on 16:59 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. Moeen gone and one becomes two. We lack the lower order strength we need at the moment.

The Moeen catch was a big call.

I think it's Boycott who always says take the current score and add two wickets to it to judge how good it is.

Seems England are the absolute perfect example of that. We go from comfortable to in trouble so quickly. Though, in fairness, it does seem pretty even stevens at the moment. Still fancy us to get a first innings lead but where I was previously looking at 70-80, I'm thinking more 20-30.

Test match on 17:05 - Aug 14 with 383 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Test match on 17:02 - Aug 14 by gainsboroughblue

I think it's Boycott who always says take the current score and add two wickets to it to judge how good it is.

Seems England are the absolute perfect example of that. We go from comfortable to in trouble so quickly. Though, in fairness, it does seem pretty even stevens at the moment. Still fancy us to get a first innings lead but where I was previously looking at 70-80, I'm thinking more 20-30.

If Moeen had stayed in with Root we could have really built a big lead. Instead, now we are looking at: will we have a lead and, if we do will it be more than 10-20 runs?

Login to get fewer ads

Test match on 17:08 - Aug 14 with 375 viewsgainsboroughblue

Test match on 17:05 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

If Moeen had stayed in with Root we could have really built a big lead. Instead, now we are looking at: will we have a lead and, if we do will it be more than 10-20 runs?

The one advantage we do have is that, for a change, we've been batting now for 4 and a bit sessions. There could be an element of fatigue in the Indian attack that Root and the tail could frustrate and make hay against late in the day.

Edit. Also, Jimmy and the rest of our attack have actually had nearly a full day's break for a change!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:11]

Test match on 17:28 - Aug 14 with 356 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Test match on 17:08 - Aug 14 by gainsboroughblue

The one advantage we do have is that, for a change, we've been batting now for 4 and a bit sessions. There could be an element of fatigue in the Indian attack that Root and the tail could frustrate and make hay against late in the day.

Edit. Also, Jimmy and the rest of our attack have actually had nearly a full day's break for a change!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:11]

Marginal calls on wickets for Moeen and now Robinson gone against us. A game of small margins.

The problem is also that we would be batting last on the pitch. Need to bat out this session (or as near as we can) simply to take time out of the game and prevent India having too long bowling at us on Day 5.

Test match on 18:22 - Aug 14 with 327 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Test match on 17:28 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Marginal calls on wickets for Moeen and now Robinson gone against us. A game of small margins.

The problem is also that we would be batting last on the pitch. Need to bat out this session (or as near as we can) simply to take time out of the game and prevent India having too long bowling at us on Day 5.

Bumrah with a 10-ball over at Anderson!

The only thing that would have been better would be if he had taken a wicket with one of the 4 no-balls!

And Root goes to one-day mode.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024