Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shows how overall positive yesturday was 14:09 - Aug 8 with 1987 viewschrismakin

When the main negatives on here since fulltime has been fans not singing. Blue fish and his wisdom and fans not singing.

Long may it continue :)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 14:59 - Aug 8 with 1883 viewsJ2BLUE

It's great. That game was so enjoyable. You can see what we're building. Burns was unlucky on a few occasions as well. On his day when it clicks for him he's going to be immense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:25 - Aug 8 with 1821 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:32 - Aug 8 with 1800 viewsJ2BLUE

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:25 - Aug 8 by BryanPlug

Blubfish is desperate for it to go wrong because whinging and acting like a 3 year old is his only act.

If it goes well then he's even more irrelevant than normal and he'd rather have the attention than see Town do well.

Do yourself a favour and div list him.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 15:35]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:34 - Aug 8 with 1765 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:25 - Aug 8 by BryanPlug

If you can't work out the difference between a bad result and needing a sacking I'm not sure there is much hope

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:53 - Aug 8 with 1705 viewsBryanPlug

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:34 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

If you can't work out the difference between a bad result and needing a sacking I'm not sure there is much hope

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:59 - Aug 8 with 1659 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:53 - Aug 8 by BryanPlug

Lots of things are unacceptable in football. You then expect people whether managers or players to learn from them and do better. It they don't then you sack or sell them. No one is calling for Cook to be sacked but he needs to make it better quickly. Anyone trying to give yet another free hit is a moron

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 16:01 - Aug 8 with 1676 viewsBryanPlug

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:59 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

Lots of things are unacceptable in football. You then expect people whether managers or players to learn from them and do better. It they don't then you sack or sell them. No one is calling for Cook to be sacked but he needs to make it better quickly. Anyone trying to give yet another free hit is a moron

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 16:03 - Aug 8 with 1648 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 16:01 - Aug 8 by BryanPlug

Fook me we have some tragic fans

I took the same abuse last season and the one before and the one before. How many times will you lot get it wrong before realising how clueless you are?

Oh and I took the same the season before that as well....and all the way back to keane. I've still never got it wrong but that means you lot have every season

Bore off now

Login to get fewer ads

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 16:51 - Aug 8 with 1575 viewsDeano69

Even that is just something for the haters to hate over, it wasnt that bad. Ref almost spoilt the game in the last 25 minutes or so but the realistic fans among see this as good progress and on the verge of potentially something really decent. Mainly forward thinking and attacking intentions, some glimpses of decent passages of play and the willingness to play right to the final whistle.

I for one, is really looking forward to the season

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 1535 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 15:59 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

I remember when you were saying how bad Evans was for the club.

**Checks Notes**

Nope, quite the opposite. He got a 14 year free hit from you.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 17:44 - Aug 8 with 1470 viewsBlueastheycome

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 16:03 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

I took the same abuse last season and the one before and the one before. How many times will you lot get it wrong before realising how clueless you are?

Oh and I took the same the season before that as well....and all the way back to keane. I've still never got it wrong but that means you lot have every season

Bore off now

You got it oh so wrong with Evans- you lost your credibility years ago because of that.
Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 17:51 - Aug 8 with 1435 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 17:44 - Aug 8 by Blueastheycome

You got it oh so wrong with Evans- you lost your credibility years ago because of that.

Yeah saying he had put 100 million in and getting slated for it.......guess what......turns out he put 100 million in

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 18:13 - Aug 8 with 1391 viewsChurchman

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 17:51 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

Yeah saying he had put 100 million in and getting slated for it.......guess what......turns out he put 100 million in

Is that the £100m that includes interest he charged on his own debt?

Regardless of the composition of this so called debt, I doubt our saviour’s business lost £100m in real terms. Even if it did, his 2020 personal fortune stood at £750m, so he will be shopping in Lidl this week.

Evans with the help of his flunkeys nearly killed my club so I’ll happily slate him.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 18:15]
Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:04 - Aug 8 with 1324 viewsTractorFrog

I think it is fair to say that the result against Morecambe was a little disappointing, as most of us expected a win. But that doesn't mean it was unacceptable. Last year, we had many 0-0 draws where there was no goal threat and no signs that improvements were coming. With this match, the attack was very strong, threatened the goal a lot and scored twice. We only drew because of a few defensive errors, but these feel easier to be ironed out in training than the problems of last year. I very much doubt Woolfenden will make the same mistake that he made for the second Morecambe goal again. So I was a bit disappointed with the result, but overall pleased with the performance and encouraged that this will surely be a stronger season than the last two.

The only real negative from the match (unless those two points prove crucial) was Nsiala's injury, and it makes another CB signing absolutely imperative.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:08 - Aug 8 with 1308 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 18:13 - Aug 8 by Churchman

Is that the £100m that includes interest he charged on his own debt?

Regardless of the composition of this so called debt, I doubt our saviour’s business lost £100m in real terms. Even if it did, his 2020 personal fortune stood at £750m, so he will be shopping in Lidl this week.

Evans with the help of his flunkeys nearly killed my club so I’ll happily slate him.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 18:15]

Weird comment. How much was interest and how much was repaid?

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:10 - Aug 8 with 1300 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:04 - Aug 8 by TractorFrog

I think it is fair to say that the result against Morecambe was a little disappointing, as most of us expected a win. But that doesn't mean it was unacceptable. Last year, we had many 0-0 draws where there was no goal threat and no signs that improvements were coming. With this match, the attack was very strong, threatened the goal a lot and scored twice. We only drew because of a few defensive errors, but these feel easier to be ironed out in training than the problems of last year. I very much doubt Woolfenden will make the same mistake that he made for the second Morecambe goal again. So I was a bit disappointed with the result, but overall pleased with the performance and encouraged that this will surely be a stronger season than the last two.

The only real negative from the match (unless those two points prove crucial) was Nsiala's injury, and it makes another CB signing absolutely imperative.

How low can a club be dragged than to accept the past 3 seasons of failure and slate anyone that questions it and then say a home draw to Morecambe is a little disappointing. Stop trying to save face PRP was a disaster and Cook has so far proved nothing at all. He needs to buck his ideas up fast before we excuse another free hit

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:14 - Aug 8 with 1287 viewsBryanPlug

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 16:03 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

Bore off now

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:17 - Aug 8 with 1268 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:14 - Aug 8 by BryanPlug

The beautiful thing is though it is the same one that the others have desperately been taking shots at for years. He just keeps getting it right and they hate him and abuse him for it.

Do keep it up, I adore the jealous attention

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 1226 viewsSuperCoops

Blubfish, can you just hurry up and have your annual meltdown and get yourself banned.

Just get on with it, you tediously boring person.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 21:21]
Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:46 - Aug 8 with 1214 viewsChurchman

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:10 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

How low can a club be dragged than to accept the past 3 seasons of failure and slate anyone that questions it and then say a home draw to Morecambe is a little disappointing. Stop trying to save face PRP was a disaster and Cook has so far proved nothing at all. He needs to buck his ideas up fast before we excuse another free hit

So using your logic, John Lyall should have been kicked out end of August 1990. He lost his first two games badly and finished the season badly. Plenty of good hidings that year. So that’s him out then. Shame about 91/92, but no free hits eh. Burley: did he get a ‘free hit’ when his side were beaten week after week? According to your logic, he did. No, at the time people accepted the situation for what it was.

You and many other outers can’t accept the current situation, or that this wrecked club will take time to sort. You want him gone. It can’t be his track record, so it can only be because you believe he threw away the ‘best squad in the league’ or that you don’t like the look of him.

Please name one team thrown together from scratch that gelled instantly and battered teams from the off. Just one. It doesn’t happen, but for the outers it’s all about ‘no free hit’, which implies you think he should have got the best squad in the league promoted and should be fired for his failure. If it doesn’t, what does this ‘free hit’ cliche mean exactly?
Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:51 - Aug 8 with 1198 viewsBluefish

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:46 - Aug 8 by Churchman

So using your logic, John Lyall should have been kicked out end of August 1990. He lost his first two games badly and finished the season badly. Plenty of good hidings that year. So that’s him out then. Shame about 91/92, but no free hits eh. Burley: did he get a ‘free hit’ when his side were beaten week after week? According to your logic, he did. No, at the time people accepted the situation for what it was.

You and many other outers can’t accept the current situation, or that this wrecked club will take time to sort. You want him gone. It can’t be his track record, so it can only be because you believe he threw away the ‘best squad in the league’ or that you don’t like the look of him.

Please name one team thrown together from scratch that gelled instantly and battered teams from the off. Just one. It doesn’t happen, but for the outers it’s all about ‘no free hit’, which implies you think he should have got the best squad in the league promoted and should be fired for his failure. If it doesn’t, what does this ‘free hit’ cliche mean exactly?

I haven't asked for Cook to be sacked. I just ask people to be realistic and actually judge on what is served up. I said I couldn't see the improvements for Hurst and I said I could see the shocking failings of Lambert. I was slated then too. Cook has produced nothing so far and yesterday was an outright disappointment

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 20:41 - Aug 8 with 1165 viewsChurchman

Shows how overall positive yesturday was on 19:51 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

I haven't asked for Cook to be sacked. I just ask people to be realistic and actually judge on what is served up. I said I couldn't see the improvements for Hurst and I said I could see the shocking failings of Lambert. I was slated then too. Cook has produced nothing so far and yesterday was an outright disappointment

So you see no difference between Hurst, Lambert and Cook. All three have had the same opportunity and all three have failed.

In Cook’s case, it’s irrelevant that his 40+ squad were incapable of anything more than two seasons of ineptitude and couldn’t manage more than 45 mins without an iron lung. It’s irrelevant what people working in the club in the past few years have said about the situation.

Cook failed to ‘get a tune’ out of the leagues finest and should be judged on the basis of 16 games (10 away from home) with somebody else’s dysfunctional players and one at home with a half formed team at a club with new owners and staff. It’s a view.

Nobody is happy with drawing at home yesterday, but I believe patience is required. If there are no signs of a team coming together by 10 games, say October, Cook will rightly be challenged. Until then, he should be allowed to get on with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024