Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? 09:31 - Feb 22 with 2705 viewsSteve_M

It’s good.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2020/02/21/news/magilton-part-one-

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2020/02/22/news/magilton-part-two-
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 9:35]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 09:35 - Feb 22 with 2651 viewsBlueBadger

No time to read this in full at the mo, but the first few paras mean I'll be back for this later.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 10:23 - Feb 22 with 2549 views66notout

Terrific read, thank you for posting. Jim got a raw deal here and we’ll never know what he might have achieved.
Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 2493 viewsBLUEBEAT

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 10:23 - Feb 22 by 66notout

Terrific read, thank you for posting. Jim got a raw deal here and we’ll never know what he might have achieved.

Probably Evans’ first (of many) big mistakes?

Poll: W or W

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 2478 viewsBigManBlue

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 10:45 - Feb 22 by BLUEBEAT

Probably Evans’ first (of many) big mistakes?

Original sin and all that.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:06 - Feb 22 with 2450 viewsshefki86

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 10:23 - Feb 22 by 66notout

Agree with 66, a great read over my morning coffee. What a player and didn’t exactly do a bad job in his first venture into management with us either. We really didn’t realise just how bad it was going to become all these years later. Just imagine what it would be like to be fighting for the championship playoffs again......

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:11 - Feb 22 with 2430 viewsBluefish

Cheers, the 2nd part gave me goosebumps and enormous guilt on behalf of the entire club.

What a man, i will always love Super Jim

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:32 - Feb 22 with 2378 viewsurbanblue

“After three years, I knew that cycle of players wasn’t going to take us to the next level; I knew we needed the next level of player. And he just didn’t go with me.”

On Marcus Evans ... Nothings changed then!
Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:56 - Feb 22 with 2304 viewsHerbivore

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:06 - Feb 22 by shefki86

Agree with 66, a great read over my morning coffee. What a player and didn’t exactly do a bad job in his first venture into management with us either. We really didn’t realise just how bad it was going to become all these years later. Just imagine what it would be like to be fighting for the championship playoffs again......

We weren't fighting for the play offs when he was sacked, which is why he was sacked. There's quite a lot of revisionism because things have been mostly crap since he left, but Jim going was absolutely the right call at the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:57 - Feb 22 with 2287 viewsBluefish

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:56 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

We weren't fighting for the play offs when he was sacked, which is why he was sacked. There's quite a lot of revisionism because things have been mostly crap since he left, but Jim going was absolutely the right call at the time.

Yeah sacking the manager straight after completely outplaying your rivals is always the right call.....

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:00 - Feb 22 with 2277 viewsHerbivore

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:57 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Yeah sacking the manager straight after completely outplaying your rivals is always the right call.....

We underperformed that season, you don't keep a manager on just because of a derby win.

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:04 - Feb 22 with 2261 viewsBluefish

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:00 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

We underperformed that season, you don't keep a manager on just because of a derby win.

We just didn't match the over expectations, it didn't mean he was a bad manager and it didnt mean we couldn't get it right. The fans was in awe of keane though so I suppose that made it ok. They also didnt recognise how low we were at the end of BFJ

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:06 - Feb 22 with 2260 viewsPJH

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 11:32 - Feb 22 by urbanblue

“After three years, I knew that cycle of players wasn’t going to take us to the next level; I knew we needed the next level of player. And he just didn’t go with me.”

On Marcus Evans ... Nothings changed then!

I think he either did not trust Jimbo to spend money or more likely the idea of having a big name manager appealed at the time.

I don't think it was down to money because I would imagine ME had to pay Keane a lot bigger salary than he was paying Jim plus he gave Keane funds to spend(waste).

edit-the interview is a good read and Jim should always be remembered fondly here, unlike the person that replaced him.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 12:08]
Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:07 - Feb 22 with 2248 viewsHerbivore

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:04 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

We just didn't match the over expectations, it didn't mean he was a bad manager and it didnt mean we couldn't get it right. The fans was in awe of keane though so I suppose that made it ok. They also didnt recognise how low we were at the end of BFJ

We'd gone backwards on the previous season following significant investment. Jim's career since doesn't suggest he was ever going to be the next Sir Bobby or even the next Burley. Appointing Keane was a mistake, that doesn't mean getting rid of Magilton was a mistake. It was right for him to go.

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:08 - Feb 22 with 2243 viewsBluefish

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:06 - Feb 22 by PJH

I think he either did not trust Jimbo to spend money or more likely the idea of having a big name manager appealed at the time.

I don't think it was down to money because I would imagine ME had to pay Keane a lot bigger salary than he was paying Jim plus he gave Keane funds to spend(waste).

edit-the interview is a good read and Jim should always be remembered fondly here, unlike the person that replaced him.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 12:08]

He thought a big name and a bundle of cash would guarantee the promise land. Ultimately it was the worst decision in the whole history of the club. Lambert is the worst manager in the history of the club but that was the worst decision.

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:15 - Feb 22 with 2212 viewsBigManBlue

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:08 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

He thought a big name and a bundle of cash would guarantee the promise land. Ultimately it was the worst decision in the whole history of the club. Lambert is the worst manager in the history of the club but that was the worst decision.

Give over, worse than Hurst? Or Keane?

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 14:10 - Feb 22 with 1992 viewsBlueBadger

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 12:15 - Feb 22 by BigManBlue

Give over, worse than Hurst? Or Keane?

He actually succeeded in getting us relegated and is having a far crack at ensuring we stay that way....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 14:21 - Feb 22 with 1952 viewsBigManBlue

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 14:10 - Feb 22 by BlueBadger

He actually succeeded in getting us relegated and is having a far crack at ensuring we stay that way....

Nailed on for at least a bronze at the moment then.

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 15:03 - Feb 22 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 14:21 - Feb 22 by BigManBlue

Nailed on for at least a bronze at the moment then.

Definitely hard on the heels of Keane and Hurst in joint first. Poor old Paul Jewell, once a solid each-way bet for this title is now miles behind.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 15:08]

Has anyone posted the Magilton interview yet? on 15:29 - Feb 22 with 1772 viewsLeaky

A very good read
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024