Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Gear is moving to BBC1. 19:31 - Feb 10 with 1870 viewsPecker

Whys that then? Does it matter what channel it is on? Those that watch it know where it is.
Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 20:32 - Feb 10 with 1791 viewsStuartBrett8

Propping up an ailing Dr who?

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 21:19 - Feb 10 with 1739 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If it doesn't matter what channel its on, why start a post about it?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 23:03 - Feb 10 with 1640 viewsPendejo

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 20:32 - Feb 10 by StuartBrett8

Propping up an ailing Dr who?

on the subject of time travel..

I happened to turn on the tv in the kitchen whilst preparing lunch and Walker, Texas Ranger had popped up in 19th century wild west... don't know how, didn't watch it, this is what I got from the synopsis in the tv guide. Just not the sort of tv programme I'd have associated with time travel.

i take it Dr. Who is no good these days... bring back bark mad Baker of the Tom variety I say

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 08:08 - Feb 11 with 1535 viewsStuartBrett8

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 23:03 - Feb 10 by Pendejo

on the subject of time travel..

I happened to turn on the tv in the kitchen whilst preparing lunch and Walker, Texas Ranger had popped up in 19th century wild west... don't know how, didn't watch it, this is what I got from the synopsis in the tv guide. Just not the sort of tv programme I'd have associated with time travel.

i take it Dr. Who is no good these days... bring back bark mad Baker of the Tom variety I say

I'm finding it really boring, my wife is enjoying it and she normally hates Dr Who.... it's not right :/

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 08:28 - Feb 11 with 1509 viewsr2d2

Why? Its cr@p nowadays.
Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 1471 viewsElephantintheRoom

They've dumbed down with moronic presenters - so they dumb down with where it is... more people can press a 1 on their remote than a 2 - so it guarantees the bigger audience that they crave.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 10:13 - Feb 11 with 1432 viewspeterleeblue

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 09:29 - Feb 11 by ElephantintheRoom

They've dumbed down with moronic presenters - so they dumb down with where it is... more people can press a 1 on their remote than a 2 - so it guarantees the bigger audience that they crave.

I'm quite enjoying the McGuinness, Harris , Flintoff team Its just good fun.
The Road Trips take centre stage now the car stuff is secondary. For me it beats all the reality, celeb sh!te we normally have to endure on there. The Voice, Strictly, Jungle, Mask Singer and without the most boring programme on TV - Dancing on Ice.
Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 10:25 - Feb 11 with 1410 viewsElephantintheRoom

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 10:13 - Feb 11 by peterleeblue

I'm quite enjoying the McGuinness, Harris , Flintoff team Its just good fun.
The Road Trips take centre stage now the car stuff is secondary. For me it beats all the reality, celeb sh!te we normally have to endure on there. The Voice, Strictly, Jungle, Mask Singer and without the most boring programme on TV - Dancing on Ice.

I'm sure you're right... I stopped watching top gear after one episode of Chris Evans and have yet to be tempted back.

The end (more or less) of 'Old Top Gear' on Amazon provides the BBC with a golden opportunity to take Top[ Gear to a different level - which I suspect is the real reason for the shift to BBC1.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 11:58 - Feb 11 with 1360 viewsTractorWood

Of course not. It's one of those things the BBC think people care about. They have a habit of masquerading internal policy as news.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 14:52 - Feb 11 with 1285 viewspeterleeblue

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 10:25 - Feb 11 by ElephantintheRoom

I'm sure you're right... I stopped watching top gear after one episode of Chris Evans and have yet to be tempted back.

The end (more or less) of 'Old Top Gear' on Amazon provides the BBC with a golden opportunity to take Top[ Gear to a different level - which I suspect is the real reason for the shift to BBC1.

I was with you but was at a loose end when the Xmas special was on and gave it a go. Enjoyed it and decided to give the series (28) a go. Enjoyed E1 and have stuck with it. Have now downloaded S27 on Iplayer and watching them also.
In fairness Paddy McGuinness nits Flintoff and harris together well.,
Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 14:58 - Feb 11 with 1273 viewsRadlett_blue

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 11:58 - Feb 11 by TractorWood

Of course not. It's one of those things the BBC think people care about. They have a habit of masquerading internal policy as news.

BBC does have plenty of commercials. They're all about upcoming BBC programmes I have little intention of watching.
And there is no excuse for employing that witless, giggling Sally Nugent, egged on by the only slightly less irritating Dan Walker.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 14:59 - Feb 11 with 1273 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Top Gear is moving to BBC1. on 08:08 - Feb 11 by StuartBrett8

I'm finding it really boring, my wife is enjoying it and she normally hates Dr Who.... it's not right :/

It just doesn't work.

I love Dr Who. Always have.

I love Jodie Whittaker. Always have.

I actually fancy Jodie Whittaker - more in everything else she's ever done than this.

I actually think the move to a female Doctor was a decent decision that should have worked as well.

It just feels like every episode is diluted and they've tried to make it too reflective of society. We have a female doctor, a middle aged male companion, a black companion and an Asian companion.

In the past you've had one companion and every now and then with the likes of Pond, you've had Rory tag along. But now with three companions and their own storylines and backgrounds to explore you get less of what makes the show so good and too much of trying to understand four characters at once.

It is too busy and has too much going on for it to work. I love the fact that the show is introducing minority characters and expanding it's fan base because black or Asian kids can now relate to the characters, but you can't have this many characters at once all being explored.

That to me is why it just hasn't worked. I've not missed an episode since it came back on TV in the Ecclestone days but instead of looking forward to it and being glued to it, I am now flicking through my phone or falling asleep watching it.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024