Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More than a manager 17:51 - Jan 26 with 706 viewsMullet

Had a rare afternoon to myself so caught it on Netflix. It's superb and frustrating in equal measure because it chops about with periods and clubs, and you could have done the whole thing on us and we'd have lapped it up.

However, the breadth and depth of feeling from so many greats was so good to go over. To see him through so many non-ITFC lenses actually made it feel like the scraps of archive footage around Portman Rd and Wembley were even more precious. They also put us into context with Barca and Newcastle and how remarkable it was of course.

I didn't really care for the way in which "player power" was offered up as an alibi then and still don't now for how the barcodes treated him, but the bits away from the game and with his family up against the Gazza stuff was really the crux of what he was like for me.

Anyone on here spot themselves in any of the crowd scenes? There must be a few TWTDers with connections in there no matter how tenuous.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More than a manager on 17:55 - Jan 26 with 673 viewsBlueBadger

Wonderful film. The Gazza stuff is genuinely heart-breaking.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024