Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any tree surgeons on here 10:26 - Jan 14 with 1073 viewsLord_Lucan

I need a bit of advice

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any tree surgeons on here on 10:37 - Jan 14 with 1050 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think there's one surgeon on here, let alone a trio of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:04 - Jan 14 with 1018 viewsBackToRussia

I'll make an opinion up if there aren't any actual surgeons on here

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:12 - Jan 14 with 997 viewsFixed_It

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:04 - Jan 14 by BackToRussia

I've got a chainsaw. Does that count?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:17 - Jan 14 with 999 viewsLord_Lucan

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:04 - Jan 14 by BackToRussia

My next door neighbour has two trees in his front garden and the roots from one of them is destroying my hedge and also causing damage to my drive. Neighbour seems to think it is the smaller tree causing the damage but I need this confirmed (I think it is the big one)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:38 - Jan 14 with 964 viewsBackToRussia

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:17 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

My next door neighbour has two trees in his front garden and the roots from one of them is destroying my hedge and also causing damage to my drive. Neighbour seems to think it is the smaller tree causing the damage but I need this confirmed (I think it is the big one)

Common sense would say the larger tree has the larger root system and therefore more likely to be causing damage in your property... That's not proof, but short of digging up a root to see where it's coming from doubt you'd ever get definitive proof.

What types of tree are they?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:38 - Jan 14 with 957 viewsBackToRussia

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:12 - Jan 14 by Fixed_It

I've got a chainsaw. Does that count?

I'm pretty sure it does actually.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Any tree surgeons on here on 12:28 - Jan 14 with 913 viewsLord_Lucan

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:38 - Jan 14 by BackToRussia

Common sense would say the larger tree has the larger root system and therefore more likely to be causing damage in your property... That's not proof, but short of digging up a root to see where it's coming from doubt you'd ever get definitive proof.

What types of tree are they?

I haven't got a clue, I'll take some photos and text you them, has RKD got your number. Next door bloke reckons the big tree roots go straight down but I agree with you.

Any tree surgeons on here on 12:31 - Jan 14 with 905 viewsitfcjoe

Any tree surgeons on here on 12:28 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't got a clue, I'll take some photos and text you them, has RKD got your number. Next door bloke reckons the big tree roots go straight down but I agree with you.

When I've had to pretend I know what I'm talking about surveying trees in pubs, general rule of thumb used is that the roots will spread at least as far the crown of the tree, often much more.

if it is within that then it is highly likely to be that tree - but I'm no expert
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 12:32]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Any tree surgeons on here on 12:40 - Jan 14 with 872 viewsHARRY10

here we are

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/neighbour-disputes/damage-caused-by-roots/

have a read up so you know where you stand legally,and make sure any report you get is from someone well qualified/competent.... which is not having been on rogue traders a few times
Any tree surgeons on here on 12:54 - Jan 14 with 848 viewsBackToRussia

Any tree surgeons on here on 12:28 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

He should do. PM me if not.

Joe is right below, forgot that rule. The tree has to put its roots out past the point of its branches, what's called the watershed, to get water.

No plant or tree has roots that just go straight down. Most common profile is a large vertical tap root that goes down but then loads of lateral sideways roots off that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Any tree surgeons on here on 12:56 - Jan 14 with 842 viewsbluelagos

Any tree surgeons on here on 11:17 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

If the trees were there before your drive - by rights you should dig up your drive and let them grow as nature intended.

Happy to help.
BL

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024