Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How I Met Your Mother - any fans? *spoilers* 09:54 - Jan 9 with 1102 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I believe I recall seeing J2 saying he is ages ago. Just finished the final episode. I'll admit I thought it was going to be crap when I first started but I'll be honest... rollercoaster.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 10:51]

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 09:59 - Jan 9 with 1091 viewsitfcjoe

I watched it over a few weeks around the birth of 1st kid when we weren't sleeping much and really enjoyed it in the main - thought the last series was a bit weak and they realised it should have been Robin so just rushed a story with the Mother through

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 10:05 - Jan 9 with 1077 viewsWestover

I don't often watch but love Alison Hannigan my favourite actress so good as Michelle in the American Pie films.
How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 1026 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 09:59 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

I watched it over a few weeks around the birth of 1st kid when we weren't sleeping much and really enjoyed it in the main - thought the last series was a bit weak and they realised it should have been Robin so just rushed a story with the Mother through

Yeah... after 8 series of build up to the Mother, the 'finale' of all of that was a bit watered down, as you say.

Due to all the 'Aunt Robin' stuff I didn't expect it to end with her. Mainly because I didn't expect such a cobbled together ending though.

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 10:56 - Jan 9 with 1006 viewsitfcjoe

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 10:51 - Jan 9 by ThisIsMyUsername

Yeah... after 8 series of build up to the Mother, the 'finale' of all of that was a bit watered down, as you say.

Due to all the 'Aunt Robin' stuff I didn't expect it to end with her. Mainly because I didn't expect such a cobbled together ending though.

Yep, I didn't expect it go that way and it couldn't really but felt as though it was the only place it could go and they'd backed themselves into a corner somewhat with the premise of the show and needing to get another main character in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? *spoilers* on 14:14 - Jan 9 with 888 viewsSwailsey

I can only hope that the abuse I receive for liking Friends is consistently given to this.

I wish you well TIMU.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? *spoilers* on 16:29 - Jan 9 with 839 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? *spoilers* on 14:14 - Jan 9 by Swailsey

I can only hope that the abuse I receive for liking Friends is consistently given to this.

I wish you well TIMU.

Friends is a classic. It's usually the people who have never watched an episode of such series who proclaim how rubbish they are.

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 01:07 - Jan 10 with 742 viewsIPS_wich

How I Met Your Mother - any fans? on 10:51 - Jan 9 by ThisIsMyUsername

That plus they spent 8 seasons demonstrating why Ted and Robin were not compatible - and most the last season showing why Tracy was Ted's perfect match. It didn't make sense and also undermined all of Season 8/9s efforts to show how Robin and Barney were perfect for each other - only to throw it away in 10 minutes in the penultimate episode.

Having watched Friends and HIMYM in real time (as in a new episode week by week over multiple years) I would say that Friends is easier to dip in and out of, but HIMYM (ending aside) was a much more nuanced and layered comedy - I definitely prefer the latter. The 'Slap Bet' episode in Season 2 (which introduced slap bet and Robin Sparkles) is probably my favourite comedy episode of any TV comedy from the last 25 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024