Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer 12:33 - Jan 2 with 1599 viewshype313

But looking at his record and speaking with a few Pompey mates recently, he has been one underwhelming signing for them.

Strange, as we all had high hopes for him and most of us would prob would have preferred to offload Kayden at the time, add the fact that Marcus Stewart was waxing lyrical about him, it's turned out to be one that hasn't comeback to bite us on the proverbial.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 12:40 - Jan 2 with 1530 viewsSteve_M

He was very good against us, even if lucky to escape a second booking, but also missed his only real chance by making a mess of his jump for a header. But if he's not played like that consistently it wouldn't be too surprising....

His best performances for us - Millwall and Sheffield United - were very good but his finishing always looked poor.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 13:23 - Jan 2 with 1359 viewsBigManBlue

He might still have offered us that physical presence we seem to lack, but his overall game I think justified offloading in the summer - and as you say, for once it's nice to be proved the right move!

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 13:45 - Jan 2 with 1286 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm still pretty certain the only reason why we got shot of him was because we knew we wouldn't lose as much money on him (300k) as we would've done trying to move Jackson on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 14:08 - Jan 2 with 1207 viewsPhilTWTD

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 13:45 - Jan 2 by Kieran_Knows

I'm still pretty certain the only reason why we got shot of him was because we knew we wouldn't lose as much money on him (300k) as we would've done trying to move Jackson on.

Don't think PL was particularly a fan of EH from a character perspective rather than ability. Was told to expect two players to be sold at the end of last season, Bart, for obvious reasons, and Harrison.
Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 15:07 - Jan 2 with 1073 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 14:08 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

Don't think PL was particularly a fan of EH from a character perspective rather than ability. Was told to expect two players to be sold at the end of last season, Bart, for obvious reasons, and Harrison.

Just made sense. Someone we could still get a reasonable fee for and who was going to be down the pecking order. The only negative was him going to a competitor.

I'd still have Norwood, Keane and Sears over him. Jackson about par but maybe more potential and gives us more balance.

Harrison for me isn't a prolific scorer or poacher (which Norwood can be), Not massively technically gifted or able to hold up a ball (Keane). He's got quite a lot to his game to be fair but doesn't excel at anything. Bit of a theme that with Hurst signings.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 15:08]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 15:23 - Jan 2 with 1001 viewsHerbivore

Was genuinely gutted we sold Ellis Harrison in the summer on 15:07 - Jan 2 by Terry_Nutkins

Just made sense. Someone we could still get a reasonable fee for and who was going to be down the pecking order. The only negative was him going to a competitor.

I'd still have Norwood, Keane and Sears over him. Jackson about par but maybe more potential and gives us more balance.

Harrison for me isn't a prolific scorer or poacher (which Norwood can be), Not massively technically gifted or able to hold up a ball (Keane). He's got quite a lot to his game to be fair but doesn't excel at anything. Bit of a theme that with Hurst signings.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 15:08]

Harrison and Jackson on par you reckon? Jackson has been involved in 13 goals (goals and assists) and has been our most consistent attacking threat. Not sure how Harrison stacks up in comparison but I doubt it's anywhere near as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024